PDA

View Full Version : Roethesburger falls to us?

Earthquake Enyart
02-24-2004, 12:40 PM
It's not that farfetched.

I don't think Oakland or Arizona particularly want to draft a QB up there. Denny Green has said that McKown is his QB (for whatever that's worth). If Ben slips past the Giants, there are a string of teams that already have their young QB, except Pittsburgh. But if Pittsburgh gets Henson, then Big Ben might just be there at 13.

The Spaz
02-24-2004, 12:53 PM
There is no way he reaches us if he falls out of the top 5 the Steelers or someone else will trade up to snag him.

Lone Stranger
02-24-2004, 01:06 PM
It's OK to day-dream but that's taking it a step too far.

Devin
02-24-2004, 01:28 PM
ye while id cream myself if it did, wont happen. Even if he fell out top 5 he wont make it out top 10.

don137
02-24-2004, 01:52 PM
My guess is someone would trade up for him if he is not drafted in the top 4 picks and the Steelers trade for Henson...You never know though. Who would of thought Terrell Suggs would of fallen so far last year....every year there is always a surprise person or two that drops but QBs aren't usually a position that drops far.

User Manuel
02-24-2004, 03:03 PM
What pick did Daunte Culpeeper go at, where did Leftwich go. I wouldnt say it isnt possible. Also, dont forget, the Naysayers really havent gotten their turn yet and when that happnes his stock could EASILY rise or fall.

Earthquake Enyart
02-24-2004, 03:12 PM
1. Chargers - Manning
2. Raiders - Fitzgerald
3. Cardinals - Gallery
4. Giants - Taylor?
5. Redskins - already have Brunnel / Ramsey
6. Lions - already have Harington
7. Browns - Couch / Holcomb
8. Falcons - Vick
9. Jaguars - Leftwich
10. Texans - Carr
11. Steelers - Henson?
12. Jets - Pennington

13. BUFFALO!

See what I mean?

Now, who is going to trade up to get Ben? Green Bay? They want to make one last run with Favre.

Novacane
02-24-2004, 03:37 PM
IT's not that far fetched EE. Especially with Mike WIlliams entering the Draft. I think him and FItz will go to the Raiders and Cardinals which leaves the Giants who desparately need an LT so I don't think they can pass on Gallery.

That leaves Pitt if no team trades up. I would not be shocked at all if he fell to 13. Not expecting it but it would not shock me.

The_Philster
02-24-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart

I don't think Oakland or Arizona particularly want to draft a QB up there. Denny Green has said that McKown is his QB (for whatever that's worth). If Ben slips past the Giants, there are a string of teams that already have their young QB, except Pittsburgh. But if Pittsburgh gets Henson, then Big Ben might just be there at 13.

I'll agree with you on Arizona but Oakland could use someone to take over from Gannon.

Dozerdog
02-24-2004, 03:40 PM
Steelers could also pounce on Steve Jackson, or be one of those teams that could strike a deal to trade down

Novacane
02-24-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster

I'll agree with you on Arizona but Oakland could use someone to take over from Gannon.

Thats true but if Tuiosisopo is healthy they were supposed to be real high on him. Who knows. Would not be suprised if Raiders took BR but I thjnk they will take Fitz.

Dozerdog
02-24-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
Thats true but if Tuiosisopo is healthy they were supposed to be real high on him. Who knows. Would not be suprised if Raiders took BR but I thjnk they will take Fitz.

He looked great in the MNF game against KC. Brought them back and if Brown thought enough to take one extra step before his cut on the last play and get in the end zone, he would have knocked off the previously undefeated Chiefs

As it turned out- he came up 1 foot short of the win on the final play

The_Philster
02-24-2004, 03:49 PM

Completely forgot about him. Maybe they would settle on a mid-rounder at QB to backup. ..unless they want RJ to come in off the bench. :snicker:

baalworship
02-24-2004, 04:32 PM
Cleveland AND Pittsburgh are slobbering over Roethlisberger. No way he gets past Cleveland.

RedEyE
02-24-2004, 06:32 PM
Donahoe expressed a lot of interest in Roethesburger during an interview on the NFL channel combine coverage.

Novacane
02-24-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by baalworship
Cleveland AND Pittsburgh are slobbering over Roethlisberger. No way he gets past Cleveland.

Where do you get that info? Cleveland does not need a QB.

The Spaz
02-24-2004, 07:25 PM
Where do you get that info? Cleveland does not need a QB.

You think there sold on Kelly Holcombe? There also looking to dump Tim Couch. "Big Ben" could sit for a year and learn and take over the next year.

Novacane
02-24-2004, 07:28 PM
I think they have a lot more pressing needs than QB. If they dump couch in FA period I could see them maybe taking BR but even then I think they have too many other holes. I bet they take Winslow or one of the big WR's

The_Philster
02-24-2004, 07:38 PM
Holcomb has a torn labrum and they may be cutting Couch..they might be entering the Henson derby now.

elltrain22
02-24-2004, 09:47 PM
Ben Roethesburger could go still possibly go #1, he is that good. There is no chance in hell this guy falls to us! He won't last 4 picks, and he will be gone, but damn it would be very nice...

THenPitBull
02-25-2004, 09:36 AM
Then let's take RIVERS !!! TD do it if he's there at 13.

G. Host
02-25-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart

If Ben slips past the Giants, there are a string of teams that already have their young QB, except Pittsburgh. But if Pittsburgh gets Henson, then Big Ben might just be there at 13.

I'd rather have Rivers than Roethesburger or even Manning. Shows a lot of maturity and after one year would be ready to do a " Pennington" and step right in.