X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buffatexas
    • Aug 2002

Bruce Smith

Now that he is cut from the Skins, would you take him? I think if we can get him for the vet min (not that his history would allow this) he could be an asset as far as working with our current DL. I think it would be really good PR for the Bills to get him (again, for the vet min) after last seasons debacle.
  • don137
    • Jul 2002

Let him sign and retire the same day as a Bill but at this point in his career he would just be a roster filler and would not bring much value on the field.

Comment

• ryven
      • Jan 2003

I dont know IMO he is still better than Denny but there is good talent alot cheaper out there I feel we should go after hicks.

Comment

• Buffatexas
        • Aug 2002

not too much buzz going on about Hicks...what are you guys hearing???

Comment

• Thailog80
          Im not a chick!
          • Apr 2003

Nope....let him retire. Yes he's still better than sucko Denney but let him retire a Bill with a one day deal.....unless he wants to be paid for the one day deal....lol

"Let's Roll"
          Todd Beamer
          Flight 93
          9/11/01

Comment

• SABURZFAN
            short bus extraordinaire
            • Jul 2002

it's time for bruce to hang it up.
            Originally posted by yordad
            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• NC-BILLS44
              • Jul 2002

No. Only sign him to allow him to retire a Bill.
              His knees are shot.

Comment

• juice
                • Aug 2003

BRUUUUCE!! might retire as a Redskin... Like Marcus Allen did when he retired a Chief instead of a Raider.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                  • May 2003

Bruce Smith was one of the most selfish players I have ever seen. What makes you think for one minute he would come here to help other players? It's all over for Bruce, thanks for the great years.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                    Bruce Smith was one of the most selfish players I have ever seen. What makes you think for one minute he would come here to help other players?
                    And an arrogant jerk, besides. He's through. I would like to see him retire as a Bill, but it won't break my heart if he doesn't.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Valerie
                      Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
                      • Jul 2002

Where did you guys hear that Bruce might retire as a Redskin? Honestly, I didn't even know the Skins cut him. I would like to hope that he would retire as a Bill.

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
                      Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
                      The only answer I found for all this hurt
                      Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

he was an ass while he was here.. and he is an ass to this day..

i thought that it was funny.. i saw him on NFL access.. and he said he would never say never about coming back next year.. but that he felt like he wanted to walk away while he was still on top of his game..

i thought to myself.. WHAT GAME ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?? the guy has been useless for the last 2 years at least.. and has been in serious decline since leaving the bills.. he stuck around for his record and that was it.. screw him. he was a ***** and doesnt deserve to retire as a bill imho.
                        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The Spaz
                          • Mar 2003

He might be an arrogant jerk but he was one of the best Bills of all time and will go into the HOF as a member of the Buffalo Bills. It's easy to forget how much he contributed to our success when he was here.

Comment

• juice
                            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Valerie
                            Where did you guys hear that Bruce might retire as a Redskin? Honestly, I didn't even know the Skins cut him. I would like to hope that he would retire as a Bill.
                            Just a thought Val... Maybe his problems when he left might not be forgiven.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Jul 2002

His agent was on NFL Total Access last night and said that Bruce had just filmed a beer commercial. Active players can't do that, so Bruce is done.

Bruce has always been about Bruce, but he is one of the greatest Bills of all time.

Don't hate the playa.

Comment

Working...
                              X