X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

Bills #2 "D" and FA market

The most apparent holes that need to be filled on the defensive side of the ball are at the DE, CB, and FS positions. At least one of these positions will have to be addressed through the FA market.

Since these are positions that generally take years to develope a young player at... Should we concentrate on upgrading the Defense mostly through the FA market and use the draft picks to sure up the offense?

The upgrades made last year on Defense makes this an attractive unit to FA who might be looking to play for a top 5 Defense with youth a well as a defensive stud like Spikes.

Offensive needs.. Speed Reciever, Future QB and OL positions will probably need to be upgraded through the draft. The offensive needs will not be easy to fill through FA because of the lack of production of the offense last year.

With TD in charge we can almost expect a big time FA move at the Corner position or DE. Kearse or Law (if available) are more likely to see Buffalo as a up and coming unit... as opposed to defensive units like the Titans or Jets who seem to be taking a downward turn on Defense.
    Last edited by juice; 02-25-2004, 08:56 AM.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

I don't agree that it takes years for young players at these defensive positions to develop. Rookie DEs often have an immediate impact, and really good CBs and FSs can also contribute right away.

I would draft defensive players for immediate impact, while taking an O linemen or two and a WR - who take longer to develop - in free agency.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• baalworship
      • May 2003

I agree with Jan R. I would rather see the Bills get a RG and speed WR in FA and address defense in the draft.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
        short bus extraordinaire
        • Jul 2002

we need to address the OL.there's plenty out there in the draft that can start on this team right away.
        Originally posted by yordad
        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Moulds80
          • Oct 2003

I say move Wire to FS
          I Billieve, always have and always will. Praying for the playoffs.

2004 World Sieres Champions; The Boston Red Sox.

Proud member of both Red Sox Nation and Buffalo Nation

Comment

• juice
            • Aug 2003

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jan Reimers
            [B] I don't agree that it takes years for young players at these defensive positions to develop. Rookie DEs often have an immediate impact, and really good CBs and FSs can also contribute right away.

DE position is mostly strength and technique and takes a few years to develope(Except Freeney)

Originally posted by baalworship
            I agree with Jan R. I would rather see the Bills get a RG and speed WR in FA and address defense in the draft.
            Rookie corners are toast unless they are Roy Williams.

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
            we need to address the OL.there's plenty out there in the draft that can start on this team right away.
            We dont need anymore projects on the "O" line, I'd rather go with a proven veteran at this position for immediate results.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• hintexas
              • Mar 2003

I dont care if the Bills fix either offense or the defense holes in free agency or the draft. Just fix as many holes as you can with free agents and then fill the rest with the draft.

Comment

• juice
                • Aug 2003

Lets start with Kearse as the #1 FA move.

Comment

Working...
                X