PDA

View Full Version : EE maybe right!

Devin
02-25-2004, 02:23 PM
Whoa in looking over the board....I think EE maybe onto something, Big Ben could very well fall to us.

Now picture this scenario:

Bills trade down to 19th and select Rivers (QB Problem addressed), we get the Vikings 2nd rounder.

In the 2nd we select WR Rashaun Woods (if hes there, other wise Chad Lavalais)

with our 2nd pick (Lavalais if we take woods, otherwise Smith or Ratliff at CB)

We snag Woody and perhaps an upgrade at DE or TE.

Phew thank god I have solved those problems, on to world peace and hunger.

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-25-2004, 02:31 PM
Again, I just cannot see TD drafting a QB in this years draft. I know we are all giddy of the prospect of getting a new QB, but TD cannot afford to get a QB at 13 or trade down for more good players. TD has to stay there and get a player that is going to make an impact on the team this year.

Earthquake Enyart
02-25-2004, 02:37 PM
I think TD will take a "project" QB in round 3 or later or get Henson. Unless Big Ben is there at 13. :couch:

baalworship
02-25-2004, 03:12 PM
It all depends on how Donahoe & Modrak view Bledsoe. If they were thrilled with last year's performance, yeah, we can pass at QB. The fact that we are looking at a guy that's been playing baseball for 3 years and that TD said he will definitely get a QB on the first day leads me to believe he ain't betting the house on Bledsoe. Unless there is some major skeleton in Rivers closet the Bills have to draft him if he is there at 13. We will never win a Superbowl with DB because Bledsoe can't win games on the road.

helmetguy
02-25-2004, 03:54 PM
baal has a point. QB is definitely going to be a critical need sometime in the future. How soon is anyone's guess. With the personnel we have, coupled with the fact that we have several new faces on the coaching staff, anyone who thinks we'll get that "impact" player in the draft, or that one aquisition is going to put us over the top isn't looking at the big picture. We should have made the playoffs last year; we didn't, and the biggest reasons why we didn't don't work for us anymore. In the best scenario, every guy we pick up-either by draft or by FA-will have an impact. A marquee name is no guarantee for success. Teamwork is.

Jan Reimers
02-25-2004, 04:05 PM
I think we're nuts not to take Henson if we can get him, as reported, for a 2005 2nd round pick - assuming his agent is reasonable (a big assumption with agents).

Despite some rust, he is a great QB who may be as good as Eli, Big Ben, or Rivers.

Devin
02-25-2004, 04:24 PM
I think he will take a QB, this is one of the best years for a QB in a very very long time.

Any other year sure id agree he wouldnt, but man o man a future QB is quite possible this year.

mypoorfriendme
02-25-2004, 04:43 PM
there is no question we will have atleast one more qb on our depth chart. question is will it be rivers, henson, or much more of a project qb like clausen or schaub?