PDA

View Full Version : What kind of contract do you think Kearse will demand?

Tatonka
02-25-2004, 05:05 PM
just wondering if anyone has an idea?

how much is he worth on the open market.. what will he end up signing for?

there is no question at all that if he is healthy from the foot injury that plagued him at the end of the 2002 season and the beginning of the 2003 season, he is a top 5 DE.. if you disagree, name the 5 in front of him.

he accomplished more in the second half of last season than most DEs in the league did in a whole year.

the guy is a stud.. i really didnt think he would be a FA, but he is my number one guy i would like to see in buffalo now... he would be the closest thing to a bruce smith we could see for a long time.

Romes
02-25-2004, 05:11 PM
I'd say around $8 mil a year.

Didn't Gray coach in Tennessee? Maybe Gray could lure him here.

Tatonka
02-25-2004, 05:22 PM
he was a db coach.. not likely that they were real close.

ryjam282
02-25-2004, 05:34 PM
I agree T, I think he will be looking for some kind of contract in the vicinity of what TKO got last year. Not sure, but most likely a good starting point.

OpIv37
02-25-2004, 06:04 PM
he'd be a great addition, but probably out of our price range...

Gunzlingr
02-25-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by OpIv37
he'd be a great addition, but probably out of our price range...

I agree, I would like to see a star like him come here, but willing to play for reasonable pay. It won't happen, because I am sure he wants boucoup bucks.

elltrain22
02-25-2004, 08:52 PM
Kearse is all about da benjamins, he will want this much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!

i hope we lay off him

BillsFever
02-25-2004, 08:57 PM
I'd give him the money.

So many people are willing to pay Bledsoe 8 million next year for no production, but they wouldn't give a big contract to Jevon Kearse? I don't understand that logic.

With that said, I don't believe we'll sign him. I think they will give Kelsay his shot this year.

socalfan
02-26-2004, 02:25 AM
I think it will take Kearse a while to find a new home. Although he is a good player, after his injury, he hasn't been the same. I wonder how he will be evaluated by other teams for that knee injury? I would guess that eventually he'll catch on some place for average of the top 10 DE's salaries.