PDA

View Full Version : Bob Sanders

BidsJr
02-25-2004, 08:28 PM
4.36 40 on Slow Indy track.

5'8" albiet witha 44 inch verticle leap.

40 reps at 225 BP

Broke Dallas Clarks Shuttle record from last year.

Hits like Mike Tyson did about 15 years ago.

Iowa's strength and conditioning program is so highly reguarded that the Chiefs visited coach Doyle for pointers on how to help their program.

The Spaz
02-25-2004, 08:29 PM
Wow I liked the guy before hand and now that I see he did 40 reps holy ****ing ****!:dizzy:

BidsJr
02-25-2004, 08:32 PM
His nickname was the "Hit Man" at Iowa his true first name is Demon.

Was like a 1* recruit to Iowa, Iowa's development program is second to none.

The Spaz
02-25-2004, 08:36 PM
My god is he the real life "6 million dollar man" 5-8 200Lbs. runs a 4.3 and has a 44 inch vertical get the **** out of here!:dizzy::hamrhed:

BidsJr
02-25-2004, 08:40 PM
Thanks to Coach Doyle. Dallas Clark was a walk on 5 years ago and broke the shuttle record last year in the combine while running like a 4.4 as a TE. This year Sanders broke Clarks record and Fred Russel a 5'6 running back ran a 4.5 and did like 32 reps or something. These walk on/1*'s are awesome.

elltrain22
02-25-2004, 08:41 PM
yup. Bob Sanders could be a good one. Good call w/ this post.

BidsJr
02-25-2004, 08:43 PM
One mistake though officially a 41.5" Vertical.

Not sure that diminishes anything though

socalfan
02-26-2004, 02:29 AM
I don't know.......at 5'8'' I think I would pass. That's not to say he won't be a good safety, it just that having a guy shorter than Winfield in the deep secondary is really scary.

The Spaz
02-26-2004, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by socalfan
I don't know.......at 5'8'' I think I would pass. That's not to say he won't be a good safety, it just that having a guy shorter than Winfield in the deep secondary is really scary.

41.5 inch vertical how tall is he then.

BidsJr
02-26-2004, 08:02 AM
Exactly Spaz, This guy not only had an insane workout but played lights out D for the last 4 years on the field. This guy is going to be a star. I would take him over Roy Williams any day of the week. Biggest hitter in the nation the last 2 years.

SABURZFAN
02-26-2004, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Wow I liked the guy before hand and now that I see he did 40 reps holy ****ing ****!:dizzy:

that is impressive for a small guy.

Tatonka
02-26-2004, 08:24 AM
what scares me about him is that he could be a work out warrior.. this is a CLASSIC case of a guy having an amazing workout and shooting up the boards..

what i want to know is does he make plays... did he make them all year.. does he have good hands.. how many picks did he get in college.. is he a FS.. we dont need a SS.. how are his coverage skills?

dont get me wrong.. his work out was sick... but he was considered a late day one guy before.. now he is shooting up the charts..

just a side note on the size issue.. that is what they said about blaine bishop...

The Spaz
02-26-2004, 08:44 AM
Apparently he is a SS. Here is an article on him anyway:up:

High-impact Hawkeye

He tried on one sports coat after another for the Big Ten Football Kickoff Luncheon last week, until finally, Bob Sanders gave up.

There wasn't a jacket around the Iowa football complex that would fit the Hawkeyes' all-conference safety.

Either the sleeves were too long, the chest too snug or the shoulders too tight. Nothing in the Iowa wardrobe suited Sanders' chiseled 5-foot-81/2, 205-pound frame. That in itself is a little odd, because since he first set foot on campus three years ago, Sanders and the Hawkeyes have seemingly been the perfect fit.

Sanders enters his senior season considered by many to be the Big Ten's most vicious hitter; considered by some to be the best strong safety in the country; considered by Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz to be one of the biggest reasons the Hawkeyes are back on the college football map.

http://www.hawkcentral.com/teams/football/2003/072803sanders.htm

Tatonka
02-26-2004, 08:54 AM
that is what i thought, but it didnt say in the combine notes i was reading..

so case closed.. sanders looks great, but he is a strong safety and we already have wire sitting on the bench for no good reason.

The Spaz
02-26-2004, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
that is what i thought, but it didnt say in the combine notes i was reading..

so case closed.. sanders looks great, but he is a strong safety and we already have wire sitting on the bench for no good reason.

There is a good reason Milloy is startign at SS. I woudl liek to see Wire on the field but I have my doubts he can play FS.

Tatonka
02-26-2004, 09:11 AM
my point was.. wire was becoming a good ss.. we did not need milloy.. he is a total waste of money.. he put up the same numbers that wire did as a rookie.. at least wire can get better.. milloy is not going to improve.. his best years are behind him.. he may play at the same level.. but will not get better at this point.

wire should be the starting SS and milloy should be gone, and his money used to get a player that we actually need.

that is why it is a waste to have wire on the bench... and it is for no good reason.

The Spaz
02-26-2004, 09:19 AM
Well they way I see it it's hard say a Pro Bowler is a bad acquisition. Is Wire ever going to be a Pro Bowl calibur SS we just don't know and probably won't but Milloy is right now. Maybe Wire gets traded at some point. I liek Wire but he just got some bad luck when we signed Milloy that is all.

BidsJr
02-26-2004, 03:43 PM
Sanders would be a great understudy for Milloy for a year he clearly has better athletic ability than either Milloy or Wire. I would love to see us grab him if he falls to the second round.

Tatonka
02-26-2004, 04:40 PM
Well they way I see it it's hard say a Pro Bowler is a bad acquisition. Is Wire ever going to be a Pro Bowl calibur SS we just don't know and probably won't but Milloy is right now. Maybe Wire gets traded at some point. I liek Wire but he just got some bad luck when we signed Milloy that is all.

milloy is not a probowler.

Tatonka
02-26-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by BidsJr
Sanders would be a great understudy for Milloy for a year he clearly has better athletic ability than either Milloy or Wire. I would love to see us grab him if he falls to the second round.

so you think that we should have 4 SS on the roster? because prielous is a SS, that is only half decent at FS.. and wire and milloy are SS... yeah.. with all the needs we have.. i can see having a 4th SS on the roster being a priority that we really need to burn a 2nd round pick on.. :rolleyes:

Gunzlingr
02-26-2004, 04:50 PM
Would trading Milloy this year be a possibility?

Tatonka
02-26-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Gunzlingr
Would trading Milloy this year be a possibility?

possible.. yes.. will it happen.. nope.

Dozerdog
02-26-2004, 04:57 PM
If this kid is available after we

1) Resolve the QB of the future
2) Fix our OL
3) Get a speed WR
4) Acquire a Pass rushing DE
5) Address depth issues (DT)

Then sure, I'm all for it! Get the best guy available! :up:

The Spaz
02-26-2004, 05:25 PM

milloy is not a probowler.

Maybe he wasn't this year but the past 2-3 years he has been and see no reason why he won't go again.

Tatonka
02-26-2004, 09:25 PM
Maybe he wasn't this year but the past 2-3 years he has been and see no reason why he won't go again.

you mean, besides the fact that he is getting older?

and ruben shows the probowl doesnt mean much anyways.

Dozerdog
02-26-2004, 09:59 PM
Tonk-

You need Milloy back there. Winfield is a goner, and it looks like we won't have the scratch to pay for the remaining top corners. That leaves a rookie like Chris Gamble, or a youngster like McGee in his spot. If you dump Milloy, and put in Wire, then 3/4ths of the secondary is shakey/unproven.

We need Milloy's leadership and experience back there

Tatonka
02-26-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Tonk-

You need Milloy back there. Winfield is a goner, and it looks like we won't have the scratch to pay for the remaining top corners. That leaves a rookie like Chris Gamble, or a youngster like McGee in his spot. If you dump Milloy, and put in Wire, then 3/4ths of the secondary is shakey/unproven.

We need Milloy's leadership and experience back there

that is fine now.. but we never should have gotten him here.. and we would have that extra money to keep winfield or get a top corner.. and wire would be improving still.

water under the bridge at this point.. but it is a mistake that i think td made that will cost this team.

BidsJr
02-26-2004, 10:12 PM
Dump Milloy and put Sanders in there, you have a "Lott" for the next 10 years. This guys would set the tempo for the D for a decade.

Dozerdog
02-26-2004, 10:12 PM
that is fine now.. but we never should have gotten him here.. and we would have that extra money to keep winfield or get a top corner.. and wire would be improving still.

water under the bridge at this point.. but it is a mistake that i think td made that will cost this team.

That's assuming Winfield had any intentions of signing here. And you can't go around assuming yo will sign a FA- You never know who's available or out there.

If I could do it again last season, I would have done it.

BidsJr
02-26-2004, 10:15 PM
Cut his azz...........

socalfan
02-26-2004, 10:31 PM
41.5 inch vertical how tall is he then.

Trick question??....he is still 5'8''. :D Looking at the receivers that will be coming into the league at draft time, they also have good vertical jumps.

The Spaz
02-27-2004, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by socalfan

Trick question??....he is still 5'8''. :D Looking at the receivers that will be coming into the league at draft time, they also have good vertical jumps.

Do they all have 40 in. verticals? I'm just saying the guy is obviously one hell of a athlete.

STAMPY
02-28-2004, 01:10 PM
I don't agree Lawyer Milloy is a great player... I personally think Wire Sucks, he has never impressed me. Lawyer maybe had a off year but he brings a lot to table besides gameday... The guy is a huge leader in locker room, Pre Game... Big game guy. Did you hear the reaction of NE locker room after he left, it was like they lost there heart n soul... i kno they moved on and won still, but that says a lot... Milloy is a playmaker and a full season in buffalo will be great

Tatonka
02-29-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
I don't agree Lawyer Milloy is a great player... I personally think Wire Sucks, he has never impressed me. Lawyer maybe had a off year but he brings a lot to table besides gameday... The guy is a huge leader in locker room, Pre Game... Big game guy. Did you hear the reaction of NE locker room after he left, it was like they lost there heart n soul... i kno they moved on and won still, but that says a lot... Milloy is a playmaker and a full season in buffalo will be great

lawyer milloys stats were hardly better than Wires.. AS A ROOKIE.. so if your saying that wire didnt impress you with what he did as a rookie.. then milloy must not either.. but of coarse.. he gets a free pass for having an "off year"...

we paid him 10x what wire makes to put up the same numbers.. and we have no idea how much wire would have improved from his first to second year.

it sure would be nice to have all that money we wasted on milloy, because we could have had the same production from wire and used the money to get help at a position that was a true need.

Dozerdog
02-29-2004, 03:08 PM
Tonk-

Before you compare Milloy to Wire and fall into the same old "Stats" trap-

The biggest and only stat that counts in my book is defensive ranking. With Wire as a starter, the defense stunk (albeit he's a small part in a bigger machine) - With Milloy in there, our defense improved dramatically (Again only a part- but IMHO a better one)

How many WR's torched us last season? I can only think of a handful of plays. The season before- with the same corners- a ton.

G. Host
02-29-2004, 06:36 PM
my point was.. wire was becoming a good ss.. we did not need milloy.. he is a total waste of money.. he put up the same numbers that wire did as a rookie.. at least wire can get better.. milloy is not going to improve.. his best years are behind him.. he may play at the same level.. but will not get better at this point.

wire should be the starting SS and milloy should be gone, and his money used to get a player that we actually need.

that is why it is a waste to have wire on the bench... and it is for no good reason.

Agree on Wire and Milloy. Wire was a good pick but then Tom Donahoe 'got smart' and brought Lawyer in from a division rival overpaying him while he did it. Now we got Wire sitting on bench and no money to improve the team. It was a mistake by Donahoe.

G. Host
02-29-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Tonk-

Before you compare Milloy to Wire and fall into the same old "Stats" trap-

The biggest and only stat that counts in my book is defensive ranking. With Wire as a starter, the defense stunk (albeit he's a small part in a bigger machine) - With Milloy in there, our defense improved dramatically (Again only a part- but IMHO a better one)

How many WR's torched us last season? I can only think of a handful of plays. The season before- with the same corners- a ton.

Before you fall into same old "Stats" trap- there were a lot of changes to the defense (i.e. Takeo, Adams, Posey) including input from LeBeau.

And Wire played STRONG Safety; the free saftety was the one who got burned. And NONE of Donahoe picks for free safety have been even passible.