• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BidsJr
    • Sep 2002

Bob Sanders

4.36 40 on Slow Indy track.

5'8" albiet witha 44 inch verticle leap.

40 reps at 225 BP

Broke Dallas Clarks Shuttle record from last year.

Hits like Mike Tyson did about 15 years ago.

Iowa's strength and conditioning program is so highly reguarded that the Chiefs visited coach Doyle for pointers on how to help their program.
    "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Wow I liked the guy before hand and now that I see he did 40 reps holy ****ing ****!

Comment

• BidsJr
      • Sep 2002

His nickname was the "Hit Man" at Iowa his true first name is Demon.

Was like a 1* recruit to Iowa, Iowa's development program is second to none.
      "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

My god is he the real life "6 million dollar man" 5-8 200Lbs. runs a 4.3 and has a 44 inch vertical get the **** out of here!:hamrhed:

Comment

• BidsJr
          • Sep 2002

Thanks to Coach Doyle. Dallas Clark was a walk on 5 years ago and broke the shuttle record last year in the combine while running like a 4.4 as a TE. This year Sanders broke Clarks record and Fred Russel a 5'6 running back ran a 4.5 and did like 32 reps or something. These walk on/1*'s are awesome.

Comment

• elltrain22
            • Sep 2003

yup. Bob Sanders could be a good one. Good call w/ this post.
            If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• BidsJr
              • Sep 2002

One mistake though officially a 41.5" Vertical.

Not sure that diminishes anything though

Comment

• socalfan
                Old Fogey from Cali
                • Feb 2003

I don't know.......at 5'8'' I think I would pass. That's not to say he won't be a good safety, it just that having a guy shorter than Winfield in the deep secondary is really scary.

Comment

• The Spaz
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by socalfan
                  I don't know.......at 5'8'' I think I would pass. That's not to say he won't be a good safety, it just that having a guy shorter than Winfield in the deep secondary is really scary.
                  41.5 inch vertical how tall is he then.

Comment

• BidsJr
                    • Sep 2002

Exactly Spaz, This guy not only had an insane workout but played lights out D for the last 4 years on the field. This guy is going to be a star. I would take him over Roy Williams any day of the week. Biggest hitter in the nation the last 2 years.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                      short bus extraordinaire
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
                      Wow I liked the guy before hand and now that I see he did 40 reps holy ****ing ****!
                      that is impressive for a small guy.
                      Originally posted by yordad
                      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

what scares me about him is that he could be a work out warrior.. this is a CLASSIC case of a guy having an amazing workout and shooting up the boards..

what i want to know is does he make plays... did he make them all year.. does he have good hands.. how many picks did he get in college.. is he a FS.. we dont need a SS.. how are his coverage skills?

dont get me wrong.. his work out was sick... but he was considered a late day one guy before.. now he is shooting up the charts..

just a side note on the size issue.. that is what they said about blaine bishop...
                        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The Spaz
                          • Mar 2003

Apparently he is a SS. Here is an article on him anyway

High-impact Hawkeye

He tried on one sports coat after another for the Big Ten Football Kickoff Luncheon last week, until finally, Bob Sanders gave up.

There wasn't a jacket around the Iowa football complex that would fit the Hawkeyes' all-conference safety.

Either the sleeves were too long, the chest too snug or the shoulders too tight. Nothing in the Iowa wardrobe suited Sanders' chiseled 5-foot-81/2, 205-pound frame. That in itself is a little odd, because since he first set foot on campus three years ago, Sanders and the Hawkeyes have seemingly been the perfect fit.

Sanders enters his senior season considered by many to be the Big Ten's most vicious hitter; considered by some to be the best strong safety in the country; considered by Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz to be one of the biggest reasons the Hawkeyes are back on the college football map.

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

that is what i thought, but it didnt say in the combine notes i was reading..

so case closed.. sanders looks great, but he is a strong safety and we already have wire sitting on the bench for no good reason.
                            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The Spaz
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                              that is what i thought, but it didnt say in the combine notes i was reading..

so case closed.. sanders looks great, but he is a strong safety and we already have wire sitting on the bench for no good reason.
                              There is a good reason Milloy is startign at SS. I woudl liek to see Wire on the field but I have my doubts he can play FS.

Comment

Working...
                              X