• Show
Clear All
  • ryjam282
    Offical Billszone Starting QB
    • Mar 2003

Did anyone else see this?

Jets | Run For Owens? - from www.KFFL.com
    Wed, 25 Feb 2004 10:03:27 -0800

The New York Daily News reports the New York Jets will have close to $10 million in salary-cap room to spend on free agents after cutting high-salaried veterans and restructured contracts. The freed cap room will put the Jets in position to make a run at San Francisco 49ers WR Terrell Owens.

Personally, I would not like to see Pennington have another big target like this to throw to. It would make them scary even with there terrible D..

Ryan Withey
    Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

• The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

I'm not worried they still have the same terrible o-coordinator as they have has for th epast 2-3 years.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

pennington-owens would be a lethal combination.if it would help anybody,s.moss would benefit the most.
      Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Marino13Phins
        Put your banana between these melons and make a fruit salad
        • Oct 2003

Scary to think about... but the jets will mess it up somehow.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
          short bus extraordinaire
          • Jul 2002

the Jets could use this draft to shore up their OL though.there's plenty of talent in this draft to do that.other than that,their team is pretty much intact.they do need a P and K since both are UFAs.
          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• elltrain22
            • Sep 2003

I really think Pennington is a nice young qb, and if they got another good wr like to, they would be a pretty tough team next year.
            If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• lunatic_bills_fan
              • Oct 2002

If they do happen to shore up their OL via the draft, and possibly land someone like TO, they are still faced with having possibly the worst trio of LB's in the NFL and a pretty leaky (to say the least) secondary. The jets NEED defensive help and signing TO would use up a huge chunk of any money they may have.

Comment

• Buffatexas
                • Aug 2002

I cant see them signing TO when they have glaring defensive needs

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                  Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by lunatic_bills_fan
                  If they do happen to shore up their OL via the draft, and possibly land someone like TO, they are still faced with having possibly the worst trio of LB's in the NFL and a pretty leaky (to say the least) secondary. The jets NEED defensive help and signing TO would use up a huge chunk of any money they may have.
                  It's a damn good thing we didn't cave in to Sam Cowart's demands at the time.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Jul 2002

Curtis Conway worked out so well for them.

Comment

• Bulldog
                      Top Dog
                      • Jan 2003

Let me get this right. Your defense sucks really bad and to remedy the problem you go sign Terrel Owens. Sounds logical to me. While Owens is a tremendous talent, no way in hell I would pay him the kind of money he is going to demand. If I were a GM, I would be more inclined to pay Darrel Jackson big money rather than Owens as he is younger and would more than likely still be contributing when the contract is set to expire. Overpaying for Owens at this stage in his career is going to cost somebody big time when his play does start to decline.
                      I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

well, we don't have to worry about this anymore. Owens is property of the 49ers.

Watch FOX Sports and view live scores, odds, team news, player news, streams, videos, stats, standings & schedules covering NFL, MLB, NASCAR, WWE, NBA, NHL, college sports & more!

Now they have to trade for him...

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                          short bus extraordinaire
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
                          well, we don't have to worry about this anymore. Owens is property of the 49ers.

Watch FOX Sports and view live scores, odds, team news, player news, streams, videos, stats, standings & schedules covering NFL, MLB, NASCAR, WWE, NBA, NHL, college sports & more!

Now they have to trade for him...
                          TO

Comment

Working...
                          X