PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Darcy

mchurchfie
02-26-2004, 09:30 AM
You've managed to turn this once hardworking and scrappy team into one of the biggest collection of underachieving softies I have every seen....nice job!!:cynic: Get off your ass and make a few trades...NOW before it is too late!!:cynic:

The Spaz
02-26-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by mchurchfie
You've managed to turn this once hardworking and scrappy team into one of the biggest collection of underachieving softies I have every seen....nice job!!:cynic: Get off your ass and make a few trades...NOW before it is too late!!:cynic:

I am afraid it is too late. Now I am really pissed because when we sucked we at least had a chance at the first draft pick and now were doing better but still probably won't make the playoffs and not in position for the first draft pick anymore.:mad::madcurse:

mchurchfie
02-26-2004, 09:35 AM
He would probably just blow it on another goalie prospect anyways.:cynic:

Ebenezer
02-26-2004, 09:42 AM
NOW before it is too late!!:cynic:

It's too late...NYI and Ottawa coming up...somebody is bringing nails to the coffin.

The Spaz
02-26-2004, 09:44 AM

I was hoping for this guy but it won't happen now:mad:

http://www.alexander.ovechkin.name/eng/

mchurchfie
02-26-2004, 09:45 AM
:up:

SABURZFAN
02-26-2004, 11:26 AM
i never thought that i'd be saying this but i wish we had The Pouting Peca back.peca's old lady has more fire than these guys.

Ð
02-26-2004, 11:28 AM

Or an Austrian :lmao:

mchurchfie
02-26-2004, 12:31 PM
:lol:

The Spaz
02-26-2004, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Ð

Or an Austrian :lmao:

We'll see when that Austrian starts putting the biscuits in the basket on a regular basis:up:

Ð
02-26-2004, 01:16 PM
Yep, that's all you need is another pansy "goal scorer" who's a -17 +- whenever he steps on the ice.

The Spaz
02-26-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Ð
Yep, that's all you need is another pansy "goal scorer" who's a -17 +- whenever he steps on the ice.

Wrong we need a consistent goal scorer and d-men who actually don't take it up the ass every ****ing night.

Ð
02-26-2004, 01:34 PM
You think Vanneck is going to be a consistent goal scorer in the NHL ?
What do you base that on ?

The Spaz
02-26-2004, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Ð
You think Vanneck is going to be a consistent goal scorer in the NHL ?
What do you base that on ?

The same logic you use that says he isn't going to be.:up:

Ð
02-26-2004, 01:57 PM
Actually, I don't think he's going to do much in the NHL.

Why ? He's playing in the NCAA, which is sub-par hockey, comparable to Tier III junior (formerly Junior B) up here.
We have a tier III team here in North Bay, where gaudy scoring stats like Vanek's are the norm, but we're realistic enough to know that 99 % of these players won't have successful pro careers, let alone get drafted in the first round.

You guys would have done way better drafting defensemen Braydon Coburn or Dion Phaneuf, but then again, you have Darcy :D

Earthquake Enyart
02-26-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Ð

Why ? He's playing in the NCAA, which is sub-par hockey, comparable to Tier III junior (formerly Junior B) up here.

You don't really believe this do you? The NCAA is better than Tier III. They aren't that far from being as good as your "juniors".

Ð
02-26-2004, 02:22 PM
Yep. Canadian elite hockey players have a choice, either play CHL hockey, tier I Junior...OHL, QMJHL, WHL and train to get drafted to the NHL before you finish high school or take the US College route and get an education and maybe get a crack at the minors. The ones who are really smart, but average hockey players play CHL for junior and then take advantage of the scholarship programs CHL teams offer to play another 4 or 5 years at a Canadian University...they're still eligible.

The NCAA is crap hockey because they don't stress the defensive side of the game, so if someone has bloated NCAA offensive stats, NHL scouts generally take them with a grain of salt.

The Spaz
02-26-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Ð

We have a tier III team here in North Bay, where gaudy scoring stats like Vanek's are the norm, but we're realistic enough to know that 99 % of these players won't have successful pro careers, let alone get drafted in the first round.

You guys would have done way better drafting defensemen Braydon Coburn or Dion Phaneuf, but then again, you have Darcy :D

Hello Canada this is the year 2004 where Canada doesn't dominate the sport anymore. I could list all the players who have come out of College hockey and done well especially recently but I'll letr you do that. As far as Vanek goes you check out som eof his games here:

http://www.gopherpucklive.com/Schedule.htm

Right click and save target as

Ð
02-26-2004, 03:49 PM
Yeah, I guess that's why the CHL had 16 (over 50 %) of the players drafted last year in the first round to the NCAA's 8.
Of those 8 players I can think of at least 2 (Parise, Tambellini) born to Canadian parents off the top of my head.

I've watched a lot of NCAA hockey on TV when I get a chance and while you may have 3 or 4 teams (ND, BC, Maine, Michigan, Duluth), that play good, competitive hockey, the rest are awful, whereas the three leagues that make up the CHL have 5 top teams each. And, Erie, Plymouth, Saginaw Tri-City (Kennewick), Everett, Portland, Spokane and Seattle aren't exactly banging down the doors of American junior hockey leagues to let them in now, are they ?

The Spaz
02-26-2004, 04:10 PM
Does it really ****ing matter if his parents are Canadian I am talking about Collegiate hockey. I am not even going to debate with you on this because your superior than though becasue we are canadian and this is our game attitude BS.

alyson
02-26-2004, 04:13 PM
Let the Canadians be defensive about their hockey. It's one of the few things they have. Ha ha! Seriously, I'm kidding, I love Canada.

Ð
02-26-2004, 08:13 PM
Defensive ? I thought I was being offensive :D