PDA

View Full Version : Redskins Shopping #5? Anyone want the Bills to move up?

baalworship
02-26-2004, 09:32 AM
Apparently, according to gbreport.com the Redskins are looking to shop their #5 overall pick. The Skins are short on picks and want multiple picks. The cost to move up would be steep. I am assuming that it would take the equivalent of a late 1st in addition to our 13 overall. Assuming Manning, Fitzgerald, and Gallery are gone and that everyone else is available, what dream player would you want the Bills to move on and why?

I would consider moving up only if the Bills could land

A. Sean Taylor
B. Tommie Harris

DraftBoy
02-26-2004, 09:35 AM
Id love to get Taylor at 5, but what do we deal to move up?? 13 and our 2nd? Then Id pass...

Devin
02-26-2004, 09:47 AM
our first and ruben. :D

The Spaz
02-26-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Devin
our first and ruben. :D

I'm not sure that would get it done thrown in Teague and Pucillo as well. I'm going to get on the phone right now.:phone: :lol:

Ebenezer
02-26-2004, 09:55 AM
We could move up to five and take another Mike Williams...

:ontome:

baalworship
02-26-2004, 10:09 AM
I realize we don't have a late 1st to throw in with the #13 overall but let's assume TD could pull one out of thin air (Wait, that happened last year!)

Anways, here's why I would want Harris or Taylot at #5:

from thehuddlereport.com

Tommie Harris: Bottom Line
Are you confused? First I tell you he is something special and then I tell you he is not that good and never will be that good as a DT in the NFL. That is because I feel he will be the next great strong side Defensive End. I feel he is playing out of position. That's why he gets pushed around in the running game. I feel that he will be as good as Strahan and Peppers. He has the talent, speed, quickness and strength for a DE in the NFL. He might have to lose about ten pounds but I am told that at 290lbs he runs a 4.69 in the forty. That is faster then most of the linebackers and DE's in this draft. His hand use is excellent and his athleticism is equal to a linebackers. IMO, he will be special because he wants to be special. He is another player that is not motivated just by money. I think he will learn very quickly the DE position and will make an impact for a team in his first year. I do not think that he should be moved back and forth from DT to DE -- this would be a mistake. It will stunt his impact. Draft him, put him on the strong side and let him go. He might wind up being Rookie of the Year if a team is smart enough to do that. He is an every down lineman as a DE

or Sean Taylor:

Bottom Line
Here is the deal. If you need an impact DB and you have the first pick
in this draft, you are an idiot if you do not pick this kid. Excuse me!
What part of idiot don't you understand? Don't start giving me that
garbage about, "How can you pick a DB as the first pick in the draft?"
I am so sick and tired of hearing people say that. Do you realize how many
impact players where not picked as the first player in the draft because
of this idiotic thought process? An impact player is an impact player.
Sean Taylor is an impact player. He will be able to free up a Linebacker
for the rush because he is big enough to handle the TE by himself. He
can play single deep coverage because he has the speed to go sideline to
sideline. He can be brought up to the line of scrimmage and used as an
extra linebacker in run-downs. He hits like a coin dropped from the Empire
State Building. The biggest problem that I see with Sean is if he gets
injured, the coaches will have nobody on the team that can even come close
to replacing him. The Head Coach will lock up with fear and worry, and the
defense will become average at best. This kid is the Michael Vick of the
defense. He is a beast, the beast of the east.

Either pick would be a difference maker on D that could make our D GREAT and would be worth giving up an extra pick for.

Earthquake Enyart
02-26-2004, 10:19 AM
You'd be sure to get one of the big five: Manning, Fitzgerald, Taylor, Roethesburger, or Gallery.

Would our 1 and 2 this year do the trick? Or our 1 and Henry, assuming the Portis thing falls through?

clumping platelets
02-26-2004, 10:22 AM
I would make the move for Robert Gallery

If Gallert were available at #5, I would see if Falcons were interested in Jennings. We could move from #13 to #8 by sending Jennings to ATL. We would possibly need to send them a draft choice as well or maybe swap spots in rd 4 (ATL owns Philly's late 4th)

Then from #8 to #5: I would consider giving up our #2 next year (Psst: Henson is going back into the draft) and the late #4 just acquired from ATL

Mr. Miyagi
02-26-2004, 10:36 AM
Sean Taylor isn't gonna be there at #5 either.

baalworship
02-26-2004, 10:38 AM
Gallery would be sweet but I am a huge Jonas Jennings fan. I can't wait to see what he and Mike Williams can do with McNally coaching them up. My biggest hope is that we can plug in Sobieski or Sullivan into the RG spot if we can't land Chris Snee or someone similar in the draft.

The Spaz
02-26-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by baalworship
Gallery would be sweet but I am a huge Jonas Jennings fan. I can't wait to see what he and Mike Williams can do with McNally coaching them up. My biggest hope is that we can plug in Sobieski or Sullivan into the RG spot if we can't land Chris Snee or someone similar in the draft.

I would like Sobieski to take the center job away from Teague. That can also be done by going after Woody or gettign one in the 2-3 round in the draft.

clumping platelets
02-26-2004, 12:15 PM

I like Jennings also, but he's already mentioned something about playing at home in Georgia. PLUS, Jennings is UFA after the season. He's also been injury prone.

Earthquake Enyart
02-26-2004, 12:19 PM
I would be thrilled to get any one of the big five.

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
You'd be sure to get one of the big five: Manning, Fitzgerald, Taylor, Roethesburger, or Gallery.

Would our 1 and 2 this year do the trick? Or our 1 and Henry, assuming the Portis thing falls through?

clumping platelets
02-26-2004, 12:21 PM
Rut-row........top quoting is back :lol:

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
I would be thrilled to get any one of the big five.

SABURZFAN
02-26-2004, 12:21 PM
i'd rather that we trade down unless gallery is available.that would allow jennings to move to RG.

SABURZFAN
02-26-2004, 12:22 PM
ain't it great?

Originally posted by clumping platelets
Rut-row........top quoting is back :lol:

clumping platelets
02-26-2004, 12:34 PM
Sure is :snicker:

I wonder how long it takes for LOG's radar to dial in :lol:

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
ain't it great?

SABURZFAN
02-26-2004, 12:38 PM
WHO???:scratch:

Originally posted by clumping platelets
I wonder how long it takes for LOG's radar to dial in :lol:

Marvelous
02-26-2004, 01:41 PM
Gallery would be sweet but I am a huge Jonas Jennings fan. I can't wait to see what he and Mike Williams can do with McNally coaching them up.
i'm with ya all the way :beers:
Gallery is a beast. His speed is amazing.
Jennings could move to C. But it's just not gonna happen.

Akhippo
02-26-2004, 03:56 PM
How far would you move up if the first three picks went. 1. Gallery 2. M Williams 3. Fitz. This possibility isnt all that out of the question. That mean the QBs are still dangling out there. The only likely snags would be at 7 with Cleveland and 11 with Pitts. Unless someone jumps us for them.

ScottLawrence
02-26-2004, 03:59 PM
I would definitly move up to grab FS Sean Taylor, DT Thommie Harris, TE Kellen Winslow Jr, or OT Robert Gallary.

Bert102176
02-26-2004, 04:43 PM
Sobieski is a OG not C I believe

The_Philster
02-26-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Bert102176
Sobieski is a OG not C I believe

He's able to play at C as well...took some snaps in camp and I believe took many with the second team in practices.

don137
02-26-2004, 06:07 PM
Its too deep of a draft to give up a few picks to move up to land Taylor... I also wouldn't be surprised if the Raiders trade down since they can pick up a great WR even if they pick around 9 or 10 and I am sure the opportunity to draft Gallery would attract a lot of interest.