PDA

View Full Version : wow, it doesn't take long for everyone to start *****ing

qcsabresfan84
02-26-2004, 10:58 AM
it's a good thing that most of you guys arent on the sabres, because everytime you lose a game, you give up. how come when we get trounced in one game, the season is over. we still have almost a quarter of the year to go. the playoffs arent decided in one night, and no team is going to win every game that they need to. especially games against the best team in the league over the last decade. everyone was jumping on the bandwagon during the last month when the team played amazing and they were good enough to climb 3 spots in the conference and come back from big defecits, but now the team isnt good enough? now we need to make a bunch of trades and give up on the season? I'm tired as hell of all you fair-weathered fans. I bet this friday you will see a team playing one of their best games of the season. Then everyone is going to be back on the bandwagon. Just be happy with the team that we have because we almost didnt have one this year in the first place. Have a little faith in your team.

The Spaz
02-26-2004, 11:01 AM
Yeah yippy we have a bunch of pansies playing defense for us woo-hoo!:shakeno:

Earthquake Enyart
02-26-2004, 11:17 AM
It's obvious lately that we don't match up well against the Bruins, Isles, or Devils.

The only games in this up coming stretch where we have a chance is against Ottawa because they are almost as soft as the Sabres are.

SABURZFAN
02-26-2004, 11:19 AM
the season was over before it started.

Ð
02-26-2004, 11:20 AM
O ye of little faith...

Ebenezer
02-26-2004, 11:58 AM
NYI, NJ, NYI and Ottawa...this four game stretch will prove what we don't have.

Earthquake Enyart
02-26-2004, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
NYI, NJ, NYI and Ottawa...this four game stretch will prove what we don't have.

Then Ottawa again, Leafs, and St. Louis. :eek:

Stick a fork in em. They're done. They are sellers at the trading deadline, not buyers.

mchurchfie
02-26-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by qcsabresfan84
it's a good thing that most of you guys arent on the sabres, because everytime you lose a game, you give up. how come when we get trounced in one game, the season is over. we still have almost a quarter of the year to go. the playoffs arent decided in one night, and no team is going to win every game that they need to. especially games against the best team in the league over the last decade. everyone was jumping on the bandwagon during the last month when the team played amazing and they were good enough to climb 3 spots in the conference and come back from big defecits, but now the team isnt good enough? now we need to make a bunch of trades and give up on the season? I'm tired as hell of all you fair-weathered fans. I bet this friday you will see a team playing one of their best games of the season. Then everyone is going to be back on the bandwagon. Just be happy with the team that we have because we almost didnt have one this year in the first place. Have a little faith in your team.

I've been *****ing about this team for the last two years. If you want to settle for mediocre play with an occasional spurt like they had for the last two weeks then be my guest.:cynic: I knew that it was just going to be a matter of time before they returned to their usual underachieving and uninspired form. Just because we STILL HAVE a team in Buffalo doesn't mean that we have to put on our rose-colored glasses and settle for every little mini-fragment of bone they throw our way.:rolleyes: This team has some major issues and they haven't made the playoffs in almost as long as they Bills have...so if that floats your boat then enjoy:cynic: I will continue to firmly believe that until we get a new coach in here with a new coaching philosophy we will continue to underachieve and suck.

Ebenezer
02-26-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by mchurchfie
I've been *****ing about this team for the last two years. If you want to settle for mediocre play with an occasional spurt like they had for the last two weeks then be my guest. I knew that it was just going to be a matter of time before they returned to their usual underachieving and uninspired form. Just because we STILL HAVE a team in Buffalo doesn't mean that we have to put on our rose-colored glasses and settle for every little mini-fragment of bone they throw our way.:rolleyes: This team has some major issues and they haven't made the playoffs in almost as long as they Bills have...so if that floats your boat then enjoy:cynic:

I can't disagree...the only problem is that if you listen to most fans (at least those who call into shows--small pool I know) all they want is a bunch of brawlers and hackers...toughness has nothing to do with fighting. Give me a team that is tough in the corners and tough on defense and scores 3 or 4 goals a game and I don't ever need to see a fight.

SabreEleven
02-26-2004, 12:22 PM
A quarter of the season left? Last time I checked my calender there was only one month left and that doesn't constitute a quarter. The way the Sabres played in the first 4 months of the season, every game is critical. I know that they aren't going to win every game, but damn, at least show up and have a chance to winning a game. In case you missed the last two games, they never got off the bus.

And if you want to be in the playoffs, you have to expect to beat the best teams once in a while to do it.

Earthquake Enyart
02-26-2004, 12:22 PM
I've been *****ing about how soft they are since the game where Konowalchuk kicked the crap out of Peca at the end of a game and not one of his teammates lifted a finger to help.

You see that kid on the Devils who went after Mair when he ran Brodeur? That's what we need.

SabreEleven
02-26-2004, 12:25 PM
I can't disagree...the only problem is that if you listen to most fans (at least those who call into shows--small pool I know) all they want is a bunch of brawlers and hackers...toughness has nothing to do with fighting. Give me a team that is tough in the corners and tough on defense and scores 3 or 4 goals a game and I don't ever need to see a fight.

I see your not describing the Sabres in this post.

Ebenezer
02-26-2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Sabre11
I see your not describing the Sabres in this post.

not as currently assembled, no.

mchurchfie
02-26-2004, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
I've been *****ing about how soft they are since the game where Konowalchuk kicked the crap out of Peca at the end of a game and not one of his teammates lifted a finger to help.

You see that kid on the Devils who went after Mair when he ran Brodeur? That's what we need.

I remeber that...it was sickening.:cynic: That's what happens when you have candyasses like Brown and Satan on your team.:shakeno: I would like to see them go after Witt from Washington however that would go against Regier's dream of molding the softest team in the NHL.:cynic:

Ebenezer
02-26-2004, 12:30 PM
I remeber that...it was sickening.:cynic: That's what happens when you have candyasses like Brown and Satan on your team.:shakeno: I would like to see them go after Witt from Washington however that would go against Regier's dream of molding the softest team in the NHL.:cynic:

I'm praying for a year long lock out...then DR gets canned.

mchurchfie
02-26-2004, 12:33 PM
and Ruff.:pray:

Ebenezer
02-26-2004, 12:34 PM
and Ruff.:pray:

Regardless the CBA situation next year, I think he is gone if they do not make the playoffs...I do also believe that he will get another job and will succeed (maybe not win a cup but he is a good coach).

mchurchfie
02-26-2004, 12:43 PM
I agree, he is a good coach but his time is up in Buffalo. IMO he lost the players a long time ago and he has actually gotten a little lethargic himself.

Ebenezer
02-26-2004, 01:20 PM
I agree, he is a good coach but his time is up in Buffalo. IMO he lost the players a long time ago and he has actually gotten a little lethargic himself.

familiarity breeds...

alyson
02-26-2004, 04:16 PM
Do you guys actually like the Sabres? At all? We seem happier and more alive when they are losing.

mchurchfie
02-26-2004, 04:42 PM
Well then it looks like we are going to be happy and alive for quite awhile if Regier doesn't get off his ass.:cynic:

Dozerdog
02-26-2004, 05:09 PM
Regardless the CBA situation next year, I think he is gone if they do not make the playoffs...I do also believe that he will get another job and will succeed (maybe not win a cup but he is a good coach).

Rumor earlier in the year was Columbus for Ruff.

I want Joel Quenville for coach

qcsabresfan84
02-26-2004, 05:56 PM

I've been *****ing about this team for the last two years. If you want to settle for mediocre play with an occasional spurt like they had for the last two weeks then be my guest.:cynic: I knew that it was just going to be a matter of time before they returned to their usual underachieving and uninspired form. Just because we STILL HAVE a team in Buffalo doesn't mean that we have to put on our rose-colored glasses and settle for every little mini-fragment of bone they throw our way.:rolleyes: This team has some major issues and they haven't made the playoffs in almost as long as they Bills have...so if that floats your boat then enjoy:cynic: I will continue to firmly believe that until we get a new coach in here with a new coaching philosophy we will continue to underachieve and suck.

man no one is forcing you to be a sabres fan. If you don't even like the team then stop cheering for them.

qcsabresfan84
02-26-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Sabre11
A quarter of the season left? Last time I checked my calender there was only one month left and that doesn't constitute a quarter. The way the Sabres played in the first 4 months of the season, every game is critical. I know that they aren't going to win every game, but damn, at least show up and have a chance to winning a game. In case you missed the last two games, they never got off the bus.

And if you want to be in the playoffs, you have to expect to beat the best teams once in a while to do it.

might want to check your calender again. 19 games left is a game and a half less than a quarter. that would constitute a quarter.

qcsabresfan84
02-26-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

Rumor earlier in the year was Columbus for Ruff.

I want Joel Quenville for coach

Joel Quenville would be really nice. The Blues were consistently good for most of his tenure there.

mchurchfie
02-26-2004, 06:12 PM
man no one is forcing you to be a sabres fan. If you don't even like the team then stop cheering for them.
Man no one is forcing you to read my posts either...put me on ignore if you don't like what you read.:cynic:
Dude, I've lived and died with this team the same way I have with the Bills so please save the righteous bull**** for someone that actually might listen to you.:rolleyes: If we could only comment on all of the good games that they have played this year and not say anything in reference to their losses or DARE criticize them it would be awfully quiet in here now, wouldn't it?:eek: That's what I thought...thank you, you are excused, have a nice day.
:shakeno:

SkateZilla
02-26-2004, 07:18 PM
Bettman has His Thumn IN the Sabres Ass,

I Was Watching the Highlights on My PVR, Slowed It Down to 25% Speed, and On that Shot to at the end of the second Period, the Clock Said 0.00 Before the Puck Went In, then Went the Puck went In it Changed Back to .07 Seconds..

The Entire Game was Bull****..

realmendontwearteal
02-26-2004, 07:27 PM
if the team has a strech of games where they win or loose....their should be no reason to stop supporting a team..... a coaching change would be a good thing for the sabres...... a coach like quenville would fit good here i think..... st louis has been in the playoffs for the last 21 seasons...... a guy from that orginzatioin brings a winning tradition to this team..... ruff is a good coach...but its time for a change..

Earthquake Enyart
02-27-2004, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by alyson
Do you guys actually like the Sabres? At all? We seem happier and more alive when they are losing.

I've been with this team since Punch Imlach corrected Clarence Campbell that the wheel came up 11 not 1, so we got Gilbert Perreault instead of the Canucks.

The "Hardest Working" team we had a few years ago was fun to watch, but this bunch looks like they are carrying eggs around. They don't necessarily have to be winning, but they do need to show effort. Plus Hockey Hotline is always better when they lose. :biggrin:

Dozerdog
02-27-2004, 09:01 AM
Joel Quenville would be really nice. The Blues were consistently good for most of his tenure there.

I live in Springfield mass, Home of the AHL Springfield Indians (later changed to Falcons) and he coached here for a few years. The team was awesome under him. I've been a fan of his ever since.

Ð
02-27-2004, 09:39 AM
http://www.brassball.org/images/Uniforms/uni_springfield.gif

SabreEleven
02-27-2004, 11:12 PM
Dancing Homer :up: