PDA

View Full Version : Goolisano Needs To take Action NOW!!!

SkateZilla
02-26-2004, 07:32 PM
1. Make a Huge Trade Or Bring In a Marquee player or Tought D-Men, Its Pathetic When a 120% Trap Based Team Pins Us In Our Zone Eh?.

2. Call Bettman and Tell Him To Get His Thumb Out of the Sabres Organizations Buttox!!!

I Was Watching the N.J. Game on the PVR and I Rewound it and slowed it to 25% Speed, and watched the clock, on that one Goal it Was at 0.00 Seconds Before the Puck Even Got Into the Crease, then When the Puck Went INto the net it Jumped Back Up to .07 Seconds....

Thers Also Numourous B.S. Calls By The Same REFs Every Game, And For Some Odd Reason the REFs Seem to HUG the Boards On Our Penalty Kills, You Know how Many Times We've Been scored On While Shorthanded Because the REF Blocks the Clearing Attempt at the Blue Line?!!?!?!?!?!

Rules Get Broken Against Us and When We Complain The NHL Board Just Disbands The Rule (Cough CREASE Cough)

Penalties are being Called for Stuff Like "Face Off Interfearance" When theres Stupid Crap Like The Nuetral Zone Trap Going On Thats Basically 1 Big Obstruction Period.. If A Player Doesnt Have the Puck He CANT Be Touched Yet the REFs Let Every Trapping Team Pinch Wingers Off the Play Before the Puck is even thought of being passed to them, and they have the nerve to call us on something stupid for faceoff interfearance...

And Around the NHL The Goal Box People Are Screwed Up aswell, You Know how many times in the last month that espn has Showed a replay of a 100% Clear Goal That Wasnt Counted Because it "Looked" like a Save... including 2 from the Young Guns Game....

Lose the Goal Watchers and Put Somekind of Device In the Goal Posts and Something in the Puck So When the Puck Crosses the Line the Light Automatically Goes Off..

Something Beyond the Comprehension of Regular Fans IS Going On, and Golisano Needs to Set it Straight.

I Can Go On An On, and So Can Some OTher Teams, But Im Gonna Stop Here....

What's Everyone Elses Thoughts.

Dozerdog
02-26-2004, 08:25 PM
Stop whining about the officials, for starters.

Hire Joel Quenville after the season

At first I was all hot & bothered about Miller and the 3 goalies, and why didn't we trade one for a defenseman. But after much thought, ride out the strike, then deal one. That way, Miller will play another season in the AHL while the NHL sits.

Then deal one of the three. Unless someone comes bye and gives us a king's ransome for one - then sit tight.

Ð
02-26-2004, 08:30 PM
Holey crap, how long have you followed hockey for, SZ ?

SabreEleven
02-26-2004, 09:07 PM
He is right about the interference not being called, and I don't just mean against the Sabres, It is a big reason goals are down. They were suppose to clean that up two years and they didn't.

D, you have said numerous you don't want to change the rules, but, this has been said a million times, you have to agree that they have to stop the obstruction and interference and goals will go back up. What exactly is the rule on interference on a man not carrying the puck?

Dozerdog
02-26-2004, 09:13 PM
I will say this- in the past couple of weeks, maybe since the Christmas break, goals seem to be coming in torrents, both for and against the Sabres, and in a lot of games.

Nashville is scoring in bunches, the Bruins were (before this week anyway) a lot of clubs.

clumping platelets
02-27-2004, 12:02 AM
Feel better Zilla :snicker:

Ð
02-27-2004, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by Sabre11
He is right about the interference not being called, and I don't just mean against the Sabres, It is a big reason goals are down. They were suppose to clean that up two years and they didn't.

D, you have said numerous you don't want to change the rules, but, this has been said a million times, you have to agree that they have to stop the obstruction and interference and goals will go back up. What exactly is the rule on interference on a man not carrying the puck?

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Hockey is a two-way game, offense & defense. If you want to call "interference" every time it occurs, then you'd have extremely boring 5-hour games, with a player from each side in the penalty box pretty much at all times, and a whistle every 20 seconds or so.

The referees want the players to play...

alyson
02-27-2004, 05:27 PM
Golisano is opening up his wallet; he has to swallow the potential $10 million loss this season! I'm thankful he kept them in Buffalo... although I wouldn't mind a move to Rochester :)

SabreEleven
02-27-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Ð
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Hockey is a two-way game, offense & defense. If you want to call "interference" every time it occurs, then you'd have extremely boring 5-hour games, with a player from each side in the penalty box pretty much at all times, and a whistle every 20 seconds or so.

The referees want the players to play...

They can't play because they are being contanstly held up, clutched, and grabbed. If the refs were consistent, The players would learn what they can get away with.

Michael82
02-27-2004, 11:03 PM
Well, it looks like they are done and if they aren't...they need a big name in here to help push them in. I think it's finally time to trade Biron or Satan now and bring someone else in.

SabreEleven
02-27-2004, 11:15 PM
Trade Satan & Biron to move up to #1 overall, who ever that might be. Peguin's I imagine.

SabreEleven
02-27-2004, 11:16 PM
On second thought, Penguin's have Fluery so they would care for Biron and Satan's salary is too high for them....Maybe some one else will get the number 1

SkateZilla
02-28-2004, 02:03 AM
last Couple Games We've Been Getting Killed with the Softie Point Shots and the D-Men Collapse Low But when they Do the Either A.) Get In the Way... or B.) Dont Make Any Effort To Clear the Rebound.