• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Ty Law: "Slap in the face"

The team's first proposal to Law was a four-year, $26 million extension that includes $6.6 million up front -- an offer Law considers to be "an insult."

"I felt like it was a slap in the face," Law said yesterday from Miami, where he makes his home in the offseason. "It was an insult. I didn't appreciate it at all. I thought, `Man, we've got a long way to go if that's the starting off point.' I was thinking of putting a `for sale' sign in front of my house."

We got room for you after we get rid of Winfield! Come on over!
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Damn what is he looking for 8-10 million dollar bonus?

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

On second thought, he wants to be paid as THE top cornerback in the market. He said he wants what Champ Bailey will be getting from Denver, AND A BIT MORE.

Never mind.

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
        On second thought, he wants to be paid as THE top cornerback in the market. He said he wants what Champ Bailey will be getting from Denver, AND A BIT MORE.

Never mind.
        2 words **** that! :pufpush:

Comment

• The Natrix
          • Jul 2002

what an ass. That is a pretty good deal considering he is what, 30!?

Byrd.

Comment

• juice
            • Aug 2003

Sounds like he is backing up what he said when Milloy was released.. He made it clear that he would be paid full market value.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Captain gameboy
              • Jul 2002

More and more, this little employee relations problem is looking to be the Achilles heel of the Patriots.
              Too bad they have such a great draft situation.

Comment

• clumping platelets

At that price, let's draft a new CB if......er.........when Winfield doesn't re-sign

Comment

• socalfan
                  Old Fogey from Cali
                  • Feb 2003

Whether or not he deserves the money, he comes across as an ass for going to the media to discuss his reaction to the offer.

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

yeah.. much better to keep quite or state that you are willing to do whatever to stay with the team and whored like ruben brown did..
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• pats-were-right
                      Just paint a target on my forehead
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by gameboy
                      More and more, this little employee relations problem is looking to be the Achilles heel of the Patriots.
                      Too bad they have such a great draft situation.
                      You may call it an employee relations problem. They call it a "knowing what the employees are worth" system. It's what allows them to keep winning despite the salary cap.

Comment

• Throne Logic
                        Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                        • Aug 2002

How shocked could he really be. I mean, it's not like BB hasn't pulled this sort of crap in the past. The whole situation with Milloy was just foreshadowing what was to come with Law.
                        Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• don137
                          • Jul 2002

it seems one of NE successes is not to break the bank on one player and has the philosophy of the team is much greater than the sum of its parts. As a result, my guess is Law will be playing elsewhere next year...

Comment

• pats-were-right
                            Just paint a target on my forehead
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by don137
                            it seems one of NE successes is not to break the bank on one player and has the philosophy of the team is much greater than the sum of its parts. As a result, my guess is Law will be playing elsewhere next year...

That's one thing that definitely won't happen. He's still under contract and the Pats can afford the cap hit - they're planning for next year when the contract becomes unbearable.

In one sense, they wouldn't mind Law playing for his "next" contract all next year.

Comment

• Aero II
                              RWS Grounds Keeper. Why won't my grass grow?
                              • Jul 2002

GEART JOB TY!!

I love it. Drive your price up so high that the Pats have to cut you and come play with your buddy Lawyer at a sensible salery. I saw him after the Pro Bowl on NFL Network wearing the Bills shirt. He wants to be reunited with Milloy.

Comment

Working...
                              X