• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Italian Stallion
    Knows More Than You
    • Feb 2004

New NFL TV Proposal...

I was watching ESPNNews and they had said that the NFL badly wants to alter the way games are played throught the 16 game schedule...Here are some of the proposals...Tell me what you think....

1. Push the 1pm and 4pm kickoffs AHEAD one hour

2. Make it possible to have any network broadcast a same confrence game....(CBS could have the packers v bucs, FOX could have Bills v Pats)

3. Push the start of the season ahead 1-2 weeks.

4. Switch the Monday night game to Thursday night.

5. Add another network to broadcast games on sunday...like NBC or ESPN

6. Add another primetime game on sunday night

All of these seem pretty interesting, with the monday night to thursday proposal the one I like best....It would prevent declining ratings for a late night game at the begining of a workweek, and instead act as a lead into sundays games...
    BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Boo!changes

Comment

• lordofgun
      in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

1. Push the 1pm and 4pm kickoffs BACK one hour

>>>>I like it. More time to get home from church.

2. Make it possible to have any network broadcast a same confrence game....(CBS could have the packers v bucs, FOX could have Bills v Pats)

>>>>Don't really care.

3. Push the start of the season back 1-2 weeks.

>>>>Why??

>>>>NO. MNF makes mondays. Mondays suck in the offseason. Plus thursday night games are annoying for fantasy players.

>>>>I bet they try to stick a game on the NFL network to force cable companies to carry it.

>>>>I guess.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Patrick76777
        • Jul 2002

Re: New NFL TV Proposal...

- don't love it! When I was younger and slept till noon, I would have loved it, but now with Kids I’m up at the crack of dawn and 1:00 takes forever to come around! I’d rather have Noon!

- Fine by me, we'd get better games

-Also fine by me, I like the cold December games and it's way hot for some of those September games. I hate spending the whole day in the house on Sept 7 watching football when it's 68 degrees out.

-Don't like it at all! Now if they wanted to do a Monday and Thursday night game we can talk! Monday night football gives me something to look forward to in football season.

-LOVE IT! MORE GAMES!

-Do the Thrusday night thing! Why have 2 games on Sunday night if we can only watch one!
        Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Patrick76777
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun

>>>>NO. MNF makes mondays. Mondays suck in the offseason. Plus thursday night games are annoying for fantasy players.

Here here!
          Resign our own guys!

Comment

• The Natrix
            • Jul 2002

I like 2 and 5 a lot. I also like 6. 2 would make it more likey that I would get the Bills even if Jets and Giants are both on. Same thing with 5. Three stations = better chance of getting the Bills consistently. 6 would increase the chance that our fellow fans in California, etc. could see another game or two from home.

I HATE 4! Thursady night is a bar night, better TV night. There is nothing better to do on Monday nights. Football brightens up the Monday blues.

Not big on 3. Less freezing cold games to benefit Da Billz. Watching the Pats-Raiders and Bills-Dolphins in the snow was classic.

Wait, now that I think about it I don't like 1 either. It's a three hour drive to the Ralph for me. If I want to get some decent tailgaiting in before a noon game, I have to wake up at like 5 am.

Byrd.

Comment

• Patrick76777
              • Jul 2002

By pushing back, I think they mean later!

So it would be 2:00 and 5:00 starts and the season would start in mid to late September!
              Resign our own guys!

Comment

• The Natrix
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777

So it would be 2:00 and 5:00 starts and the season would start in mid to late September!
                So it is kind of like back to the future?

Byrd.

Comment

• The Natrix
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777

2:00pm starts means at least another three beers in the system

Byrd.

Comment

• Throne Logic
                    Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                    • Aug 2002

That's fine, it just makes football come sooner on Sunday.

Sure, why not. It would allow the more interesting division rival games to be broadcast in favor of Arizona at Oakland.

Why? I don't see why this would help anything. It would just mean more cold games.

Uhg. it used to be easy to watch games. This would make it almost like trying to follow NCAA BB with games all over the place. I like Sundays with a single game on Monday. If the NFL is on 4 days a week, the divorce rate will increase dramatically over the next few years.

Sure, I'm outside of this one, 'cuz I've got D-TV.

I assume the better of the two would be broadcast. But this threatens to screw with my D-TV package. They don't broadcast Sunday & Monday night. If Buffalo gets one of those non-broadcast games, I'm going to be pissed. If they allow D-TV to have the non-broadcast game, then I'd go for it. Same argement for the dual Monday night games idea.
                    Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• Aero II
                      RWS Grounds Keeper. Why won't my grass grow?
                      • Jul 2002

If they want to take away some of the early games and play them in prime time, I wouldn't mind that. I hated having to keep track of 9 1:00 games then only having 3 4:00 games to choose from.

I could give a crap about Seattle V Arizona in week 3. Give us more choices.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

that's fine.

No.

No.

Don't switch...add a Friday night game.

Fine.

Not if they add a Thursday or Friday game

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• The Natrix
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Throne Logic

That's fine, it just makes football come sooner on Sunday.

saying they will "push it back" is terrible wording. It can be taken either way.

Byrd.

Comment

• Jeff1220
                            H to the 12:20
                            • Jul 2002

They want to push it to Thursday to stick it to NBC. An NFL game on one of the other networks would kill their "Thurdays, we're the king" programming. Monday night would become the new "Must See Blah Blah Blah" schedule and Thursday would be about football.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Jeff1220
                              They want to push it to Thursday to stick it to NBC. An NFL game on one of the other networks would kill their "Thurdays, we're the king" programming. Monday night would become the new "Must See Blah Blah Blah" schedule and Thursday would be about football.
                              Friends is over after this season anyway, so next fall NBC Thursday will have nothing good but ER on.

Comment

Working...
                              X