PDA

View Full Version : Who should not be on the team next year?

WG
10-14-2002, 01:09 AM
Qualified or unqualified, who do you think needs to be released, cut, fired, etc.?

Players, coaches, anyone.

IMO:

JR either needs to rework or get lost.
That's it on offense.

Defense:

Watson needs to finally go.
Robinson has proven he's past his prime and needs to go.
Don't care who goes on the DL, but the only ones starting this year who should be starting next are Williams and Schobel.

Gray needs to go as do two or three of the other coaches as well based on aspects of the teams play this season.

venis2k1
10-14-2002, 01:24 AM
i agree, i also think we need to try to trade bryson for what ever we can get, he is a good talent just going to waste.

dolfan25
10-14-2002, 01:32 AM
Besides your starting corners, everyone on defense.

JayWood
10-14-2002, 08:01 AM
Lets worry about the season at hand for now please!! After December or January then we can start talking about his stuff!!

timfromjersey
10-14-2002, 09:39 AM
Jerry Gray needs to go. In 1+ season, he has shown himself to be completely inept. He never seems to make the right defensive call, make a timely blitz call or game plan properly. He's not aggressive enough either.

BillsNYC
10-14-2002, 09:48 AM
agreed as of now...but lets see how the rest of the season goes...only week 6 man.....teams that have lost every game can still make the playoffs for crying out loud.

ublinkwescore
10-14-2002, 09:53 AM
I like the personell on D - if there wasn't a flag on Ahonatu, Watson would have had the first Int for our team yesterday. I agree that Watson is the weak link (Wire is too - in pass coverage, but he's got an excuse called lack of experience), but Watson is better then A LOT of Corners who are starting elsewhere in the league.

ublinkwescore
10-14-2002, 09:58 AM
As far as eddie Robinson goes, he'll probably be gone after this year anyways - we only signed him on a 1 year contract. Tom Donahoe will probably bring in another solid veteran linebacker at least as good as London Fletcher to compliment London, and our O is pretty much all locked up - we'll get some D line help, or draft D line help, or trade for some D-line help. Our Front office better not Lollygag when the opportunity comes to pick up a keith traylor, or Trevor Price, or Ted Washington, or Micheal McCrary (if any of them become available thanks to cap constraints). I just hope that next year, the Bills will get the calls from the refs in their favor - was anyone more pissed then me when Josh Reed's Touchdown catch was ruled an incomplete pass - I don't think so.

iceblizzard69
10-14-2002, 11:03 AM
Your defense is terrible. Out of your whole defense, the only guys you should keep are Fletcher, Winfield, Clements, Wire, Williams, and maybe Newman. Your defense blows.

Judge
10-14-2002, 12:09 PM
I agree with the others interested in this year.

We're in playoff contention! We can worry about next year in February.

lordofgun
10-14-2002, 12:10 PM
Yeah, we have to save some things to talk about in the LOOOOONG offseason.

WG
10-14-2002, 12:17 PM
"We're in playoff contention!"

:lol:

Yeah, teams that give up 600 points are often in the playoffs...

Keep up the humorous anecdotes! They make the day go by so much easiser.

"teams that have lost every game can still make the playoffs for crying out loud."

They sure can. And Watson can still end up w/ 8 INTs and make the Pro-Bowl.

WG
10-14-2002, 12:19 PM
Blizzard,

Very nice assessment!! Not bad for a Phin fan.

I would add in Schobel however.

Judge
10-14-2002, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
"We're in playoff contention!"

:lol:

Yeah, teams that give up 600 points are often in the playoffs...

Maybe, but teams that score 500+ points do!