• Show
Clear All
  • BADTHINGSMAN
    • Oct 2002

More Phins Subtractions!!

ESPnews ticker just said that the Dolphins will release

Brock Marion
    Mark Dixon

there was another guy but cant remember the name..
  • BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Sep 2003

marion is a good player

Comment

• ryjam282
      Offical Billszone Starting QB
      • Mar 2003

Here's the article in todays paper also. I would take Marion. He and Milloy, thank you very much...

Dolphins to release Brock Marion, James McKnight

By JASON COLE

jcole@herald.com

The Dolphins continued their salary purge Friday, this time saying goodbye to one of their Pro Bowl defenders when they informed free safety Brock Marion that he will be released Monday.

Beyond Marion, who made the all-star game in three of the past four seasons, the Dolphins informed wide receiver James McKnight that he would also be cut. The two moves combined to save the Dolphins $2.44 million against the salary cap for the upcoming season.

In the past two days, the Dolphins have cut more than $20 million from their salary cap. As of last week, the Dolphins had been approximately $17 million over the salary cap.

The move on Marion was not surprising despite his Pro Bowl status. Several members of the Dolphins coaching staff felt that Marion's play declined as the season wore on.

On Thursday, the Dolphins re-signed safety Arturo Freeman to a two-year. Freeman, who was a backup to Marion and strong safety Sammy Knight last season, was told before he signed the deal that either Marion or Knight would be let go to pave the way for him to win a starting job if he has a good offseason and training camp.

''It's part of football and Brock understand that,'' said agent Jordan Woy, who represents Marion. ``It's never a good feeling when you've played for a team for several years and they decide to go another way. But it's probably a financial windfall for Brock because now he'll be available from the start of free agency.''

Woy said he didn't get the sense the Dolphins would bring Marion back later.

''I don't see that happening,'' Woy said.

The Dolphins saved $1 million on Marion, who was due to count for $2.65 million against the cap this season. He had three years and $1.65 million of signing bonus proration remaining on his contract.

As for McKnight, agent Tom Condon was informed early in the morning that the Dolphins will part ways with McKnight, who was scheduled to count for $2.16 million against the cap in the 2004 season.

The Dolphins save $1.44 million by released McKnight. The difference in the figures is based on the signing bonus McKnight received when he signed with the Dolphins before the 2001 season.

McKnight was a starter for most of his first two years with the Dolphins before being relegated to a backup role last season.

Ryan Withey
      Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
        Hall of Fame Zoner
        • Sep 2003

marion and moulds have heat from the spitting incident... moulds had spit on surtain and the two had made up at pro bowl and had a few drinks... but marion reportedly said he had lost all respct for moulds and said stuff to media. moulds was pissed cause it had nothin to do with him. none the less things can be patched up

Comment

• elltrain22
          • Sep 2003

marion and moulds have heat from the spitting incident... moulds had spit on surtain and the two had made up at pro bowl and had a few drinks... but marion reportedly said he had lost all respct for moulds and said stuff to media. moulds was pissed cause it had nothin to do with him. none the less things can be patched up
          Just for that reason Marion will never sign w/ us.
          If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• juice
            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
            Surtain said they had never had drinks in Hawaii, and that Moulds was basically a liar who told him "I was just tryin' to win the game" after the game.

They (Surtain/Marion) were on a Major network show together talking about the incident the week before the Bills Dolphins game... Then they effectivly shut Moulds down that weekend.
            Last edited by juice; 02-28-2004, 01:50 PM.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

The 'fins will be very cap compliant next year...they will be able to sign some names in 2005.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

marions play is much like the play of ruben brown of late. i dont want him.
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Marino13Phins
                  Put your banana between these melons and make a fruit salad
                  • Oct 2003

Right... he gets a few ints.... but has very poor tackling, he is getting old.

Comment

• jaja54
                    • Aug 2003

He's slow too..... cost us the first NE game biting on playaction and then not being fast enough to recover for the BOMB that beat us.

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                      • Jan 2004

Olindo Mare cost you the first New England game.
                      You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• Marino13Phins
                        • Oct 2003

so did the dirt in the infield....

so on and so forth.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

and may excuses rain down on us for all Phins loses from now until forever, b.c god knows they cant just lose a game its gotta be all one guys fault or no better yet its some dirts fault.
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Marino13Phins
                            • Oct 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                            and may excuses rain down on us for all Phins loses from now until forever, b.c god knows they cant just lose a game its gotta be all one guys fault or no better yet its some dirts fault.
                            Incase you lack basic skills of comprehension.... I was being sarcastic.

And I seem to remember after miami crushed the bills this year all I heard was "it was the officials fault"
                            Last edited by Marino13Phins; 03-01-2004, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• Disgustipatex
                              The King Troll himself(Formerly Piltdown Man)
                              • Sep 2003

That was kind of like us hearing the reasoning behind Takeo Spikes leaving early in the Dolphins game was because he had something in his eye.

Tears, perhaps?

"No TH, I aint got no younger hos for you, freak!"

Comment

Working...
                              X