wow fin fans must be the dumbest people!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nolimit
    Member of the Official Drew Bledsoe Truce!
    • Aug 2003

wow fin fans must be the dumbest people!

their gm is gutting the team right before their eyes and all they can say is " great what are our cap savings" and " I geuss we are not in cap jail look at all the money we are saving". Do they realize when you are faced with cap jail u must cut players. They think their Gm is cutting "dead weight". Reality check fin fans , you are rebuilding and I wouldnt be surprised to see them go 6-10 next year.
  • ScottLawrence
    • Jan 2004

I dont know if there rebuilding, they still have a very good defense even with the cuts that are being made.
    You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
      • Jul 2002

I agree with nolimit. They are rebuilding. Thats why they did not fire Davey. Let him take the blame when they fall off this year because of cap cuts. They knew it was time to get out of cap jail and sacrifice a year.

Comment

• nolimit
        • Aug 2003

dont go over to finheaven and say that, they'll tell you they r comtenders and that they will be spendinh heavily in free agency.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by nolimit
          dont go over to finheaven and say that, they'll tell you they r comtenders and that they will be spendinh heavily in free agency.

I'd get banned if I dared say this blasphemey over at finhell. I don't blame them though. I thought we would still contend GW's first year even though we cut a lot of vets because of the sal cap. They will find out soon enough.

Comment

• dolfan25
            Clements & Mulakey I'm taking you down next
            • Jul 2002

Oh really

So besides Marion who was a big contributor that we cut?

McKnight-lost his starting job last year and if you're not a starter in the current Fins WR corp you must not be that great

Ruddy, Perry, Dixon-Dixon didn't play last year and as for the other 2 did you watch our offensive line play last year. It was offensive. Plus in 2002 and 2003 3 of the first 4 picks were O-Line and with those guys and some FA's the line will look completely different. Thank Goodness

Brian Griese- had 1 good game last year that was it

Jamar Fletcher- 1st rd bust good riddance

You thinking that the Fins will finish 6-10 because of these moves is really what is stupid.

An educated Bills fan would say they might finish 6-10 because AJ Feeley is a gamble that could blow up in their face. Your post shows just how stupid and uninformed you are about the talent level of the players they cut.

Oh and with the offensive line the Bills look to have next year with possibly no Rueben, and Bledsoe as the starter I'd say 6-10 would be optimistic for the Bills next year. If Rueben is cut I'd say the Bills with 1 cut subtracted more from their team than the Fins have with 6 cuts, and I understand that he is overrated but still a guard that can run block as good as anyone.
            Last edited by dolfan25; 02-28-2004, 03:48 PM.

Comment

• TigerJ
              • Jul 2002

You're also peddling Ogunleye. Granted, you're going to get a good draft choice for him, but even a first rounder is probably not going to perform top the level Ogunleye did in 2003.
              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• dolfan25
                • Jul 2002

If you look at the recent history of our pass rush. I think Jason Taylor being doubleteamed has a lot to do with Ogunleye's success. Do I want him to go? No. But I'd certainly take a 1st and 3 rd draft pick for him. Plus it would be almost impossible to sign him when he becomes an unrestricted FA next year. May as well get 2 1st day picks for him if we can. Heck the Bengals should've done that with Takeo last year. Also they don't have to "peddle" him at all. Just ensure that they offer him enough that we can get 2 picks for him if someone does sign him.

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                  • Jan 2004

Well I see where you guys are going....

You basically just torched your whole offensive line up, its not going to be easy to get a whole new unit together and expect them to be great in there first year.

Comment

• dolfan25
                    • Jul 2002

Heck our unit wasn't great last year. This whole it takes a year to gel is a bunch of BS in today's NFL. First off teams are mixing and matching O-Line parts today more than ever. This isn't Joe Gibbs and the Hogs years. You don't get O lineman playing together for more than 3 or 4 years much anymore.

Look at the Bills. In 2002 you had 3 new O Line starters in Mike Williams, Trey Teague, and Marques Sullivan who started sparingly before 2002 and your O Line was way better that year then in 2003 when the only new starter was Pucillo. So why didn't they gel more last year after 3 guys had learned to play with each other for a year.

This OLine "gelling" is an excuse commentators like Dierdorf make up for crap offensive line play

Comment

• dolfan25
                      • Jul 2002

Basically the tone of this thread is that Fin fans are dumb because we are happy at the cuts that Spielmann has made. Really the only person who comes off looking dumb is nolimits because he has no idea of what he is talking about and of the value that these cut players had to the Dolphins team. Like I said besides Marion(who is definately getting older and slower) who has been cut that any Fin fan would consider a major loss so far?

The answer is no one. Yet we're gutting the team. Right

Comment

• nolimit
                        • Aug 2003

i feel your frustration! we went through this during gregg williams' first year! rebuilding is not sucjh a bad thing!

Comment

• jaja54
                          • Aug 2003

I have to agree with my fellow Dolfan 25.... These cuts we have made mean nothing in the long run. Mostly guys that haven't played well or not at all.

Now, if we start to dismantle the defense, then I'd say we were rebuilding.

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                            • Jan 2004

You could say your team is rebuilding offensivly by cutting all the offensive lineman....

and in 2002 we had a different offensive line coach then this year.

Comment

• jaja54
                              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by ScottLawrence
                              You could say your team is rebuilding offensivly by cutting all the offensive lineman....

and in 2002 we had a different offensive line coach then this year.
                              I guess you could say that. However, it comes as no suprise being that everyone knew that our weaknesses on this team was the OL and WR Play. Some would add QB as well. So we are addressing those issues. I heard we may be after Woody and Villareal in FA. That would certainly upgrade out OL.

Comment

Working...
                              X