PDA

View Full Version : Sabres are DONE!!!

Michael82
02-28-2004, 08:08 PM
It's currently 7-1 Ottawa with about 2 minutes to go. As far as I'm concerned, the Buffalo Sabres are done. They needed to win yesterday and couldn't. Today's loss, brings them to a 5 game losing streak, when they couldn't afford it. I hate to say it, but the Sabres are done. This loss brings them to 10 points behind, doesn't it? I blame Darcy Regier for not trading for a big name that could have helped the team during their run for the playoffs. Now, I think it's time to clean the house. Who knows what is going to happen with the NHL next year? But I think they should trade for some high first rounders and let the rookies develop with the Amerks in the AHL next year. What do you guys think?

:feedback:

Dozerdog
02-28-2004, 09:37 PM
Clean House?

You're high.

The Sabres need

1- A New Coach- Get Joel Quenville

2- Defensemen

That's about it. I'm happy with most of the forwards. Curtis Brown doesn't do anything for me. But Satan, Drury, Briere, Hecht, Dumont, Roy, are all young and playing well. Afinegenov needs a good set up man at center. Kotalik is playing great.

Why clean house if you have the youngest team in the NHL?

The big problem is the strike- I'm sure if there wasn't hockey armageddon on the horizon we would have made a few moves. But once the strike ends- move a goalie, maybe Zhitnik and get some tough defensemen in here.

SkateZilla
02-29-2004, 02:58 AM
I Dunno..

I Watched the Highlights ..

and 6 of Ottawas 7 Goals Were un Screeened 70 MPH Wrist or Slap Shots From the Blue Line, Maybe Out of the Blue Line on 1..

Ð
02-29-2004, 07:52 AM
News Flash, Zilla - how are most goals in the NHL scored ?

Screen shots

SkateZilla
02-29-2004, 10:23 AM
i said "Un Screened Shots"

Michael82
03-01-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Clean House?

You're high.

The Sabres need

1- A New Coach- Get Joel Quenville

2- Defensemen

That's about it. I'm happy with most of the forwards. Curtis Brown doesn't do anything for me. But Satan, Drury, Briere, Hecht, Dumont, Roy, are all young and playing well. Afinegenov needs a good set up man at center. Kotalik is playing great.

Why clean house if you have the youngest team in the NHL?

The big problem is the strike- I'm sure if there wasn't hockey armageddon on the horizon we would have made a few moves. But once the strike ends- move a goalie, maybe Zhitnik and get some tough defensemen in here.

You forgot another need....

A NEW General Manager!

Michael82
03-01-2004, 01:46 PM
And by clean house...I meant Briere, Drury, Hecht, Dumont, and Roy are untouchables. However, everyone else can and should be traded for some young talent, and draft picks.