PDA

View Full Version : Darcy for NHL Executive of the Year

fushetti
02-28-2004, 11:52 PM
Tonights game against the Ottawa Senators spoke volumes to me. I, being the biggest sabres fan I know, got entirely wrapped up in the fraud that is this hockey team. I bought the "bringing up Milan Bartovic is as good as a trade" and that "trading for someone would disrupt chemistry" just like i've bought a bunch of Darcy's lies and deceptions over the years. I should take the wool from over my eyes and realize that this team was no different from any others since Dom left.

So with that out of the way, back to tonights debacle...4th in a row mind you... Both teams emerged from bankruptcy in the past year, both teams are on equal financial footing. One team has a general manager with the best interests of winning at heart, and the other, Buffalo, has Darcy Regier. I still have no idea what his intentions are. Educating us on the business of the NHL? The more I think about this, the more I get angry.

Its that ****ing ******* Larry Quinn that established this whole situation before he got FIRED THE FIRST TIME. John Muckler is the best general manager i've seen in the past 10 years. The man traded scraps from our early 90's Sabre teams for picks that would eventually place us in the Stanley Cup finals. He's now Ottawa's GM and the man is building a championship team. Granted, Hossa, Redden, and Alfredsson were there, but the man PULLS THE TRIGGER on trades. He's built around the core and supplied Ottawa with a cup contender this year. Quinn shouldve remedied the problems a different way, with not letting Muckler go years ago.

Peter Bondra, Steve Sullivan, Robert Lang. They all couldve been had for.. well, for nothing. For NOTHING DARCY!! Youre a spineless and gutless cover for management. Last time I checked, John Rigas isn't your boss anymore. I'm ashamed that I purchase tickets for a team, who's hierarchy have no clue whats going on, from the top down. Its ridiculous that Larry Quinn is back in charge and its even more nuts that Regier is still here. I think Lindy Ruff has done what he can with this team. I'm surprised he hasn't walked yet, given the talent provided.

If Regier isn't gone this offseason, i'm not renewing my season ticket plan.

I had to get that out.

mchurchfie
02-29-2004, 01:15 PM
:bf1: Couldn't agree more.:up: Regier had moulded this team after himself...soft with no heart at all.:down: