PDA

View Full Version : If the Bills draft Mike Williams...

Jeff1220
02-29-2004, 12:05 AM
how will they distiguish the two Mike Williamses on the team on the jerseys?

Williams and M. Williams?
M. Williams 'A' and M. Williams 'B'?
Big M. Williams and Lil Mike Williams?
Insert middle initials?
Just have Williams and Williams, and let their number and size do the distinguishing?

Weird.

STAMPY
02-29-2004, 01:56 AM
i can deal with it... him and moulds that be ill, reed in slot!!!

The_Philster
02-29-2004, 04:47 AM
They'd likely insert middle initials on the jerseys.

Halbert
02-29-2004, 05:34 AM
One guy would change his name to Leroy Whipwinder.

CWOUSARET
02-29-2004, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
i can deal with it... him and moulds that be ill, reed in slot!!!

you are right - it would be mad sick to have those two together on our team.

BIGDAWG
02-29-2004, 08:35 AM
they can tell the two apart like at the combine...Mike(OL) Williams and Mike(WR) Williams..they should put that on the jersies(sp)

BIGDAWG
02-29-2004, 08:37 AM
Oh I just thought of another item...Did you ever think that could be our new offense....Mike williams(WR) at tackle and Mike Williams(OL) running patterns. Personally I like to see ol' Big Mike(OL) goin' over the middle

Dozerdog
02-29-2004, 08:46 AM
The fat guy and the other guy

hintexas
02-29-2004, 11:53 AM
Plays large and is XXXXXXXXXlarge

Tatonka
02-29-2004, 01:12 PM
they would both say m. williams.. their jersey numbers distinguish them.

The_Philster
02-29-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

I still think they'd add in their middle initials as well.

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-29-2004, 02:57 PM
Check Minnesota, they had or have two Brian Williams'.

I say you put on what you can on the size of the jersey:

On WR Mike: M. Williams
On T Mike: Mike D. Williams Offensive Tackle - Buffalo Bills

socalfan
02-29-2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

or even their jersey sizes.

Alluro
02-29-2004, 03:48 PM
Getting Mike Williams is pure pipe unless there's a trade. In the final analysis, trading Henry in order to get a Rivers or a Williams while keeping our pick may prove to be the best play. I love travis, but Donahoe didn't draft Willis to be a third down back.

The_Philster
02-29-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Alluro
Getting Mike Williams is pure pipe unless there's a trade. In the final analysis, trading Henry in order to get a Rivers or a Williams while keeping our pick may prove to be the best play. I love travis, but Donahoe didn't draft Willis to be a third down back.
and if Willis is a bust, we threw out our only solid back...if Donahoe pulled that stunt, it'd be as big a gamble as grabbing Henson.

TigerJ
02-29-2004, 04:03 PM
Most of us know it's a pipe dream, Alluro. It's just fun to joke about it. It is the offseason, you know. We gotta think of something to entertain ourselves. LOL

elltrain22
02-29-2004, 05:01 PM

couldn't agree more. Mike Williams will not last for us at 13, unless we move up to get him. And trading Henry is the worst idea that we could possibly pursue.

Alluro
02-29-2004, 05:15 PM
If some team is willing to deal Mike Williams for Henry you have to make that deal! Williams is a SPECIAL player, while Henry's trade value will never be as high as it is going into this draft. If Willis pans out, Henry will be riding the pine by mid season. Now obviously, neither myself or anyone else on this board knows where Willis is at in terms of his recovery. But if Donahoe or others in the bills organization feel he is going to be ready by the start of next season, trading henry i would argue would ultimately be the most prudent move. They obviously know the situation better than any of us....I AM NOT, however in favor of keeping henry if the theory is we need quality backups or because of the risk of reinjury to Willis. If the bills brass feels willis mcgahee can roll by next season, bon voyage travis!

mypoorfriendme
02-29-2004, 05:43 PM
as much as i love willis, he might just be a bust and then we see ourselves losing henry and needing an rb. mcgahee has just as much chance of being a bust as any other RB has ever had

The_Philster
02-29-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
as much as i love willis, he might just be a bust and then we see ourselves losing henry and needing an rb. mcgahee has just as much chance of being a bust as any other RB has ever had

damn straight. Henry is proven to be a solid back in the NFL...McGahee hasn't. If you had to trade one, the smart thing would be to trade McGahee.

elltrain22
02-29-2004, 06:39 PM
Trading Travis is not an option. This is an insane propostion. You are saying deal Travis, who has had 2 strait 1300yd seasons w/ 10tds, to trade up for a rookie wr, which leaves us w/ basically a rookie rb who could blow his knee and his career at anytime. Common', you gotta have more sense than that dude

ShadowHawk7
02-29-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by elltrain22
[Come on Alluro], you gotta have more sense than that dude

What you're asking for is a miracle, what I'm doin is :pray: for it. :snicker2: :snicker:

SoCalBillsFan
02-29-2004, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by elltrain22
Trading Travis is not an option. This is an insane propostion. You are saying deal Travis, who has had 2 strait 1300yd seasons w/ 10tds, to trade up for a rookie wr, which leaves us w/ basically a rookie rb who could blow his knee and his career at anytime. Common', you gotta have more sense than that dude

EXACTLY!

Why trade a guy with two straight 1300 yard seasons?

Bert102176
02-29-2004, 09:01 PM
I'm with Phil I think they would add a middle innitial