Chance of Bills landing Henson fading.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BidsJr
    • Sep 2002

Chance of Bills landing Henson fading.....

For now, trading for Drew Henson remains a possibility for the Bills. But the more Buffalo explores ways to acquire Henson from the Texans, the more difficult a deal appears.

Bills general manager Tom Donahoe acknowledged to ESPN.com over the weekend that while the team is still intrigued by the potential of the former University of Michigan quarterback, its chances of reaching an agreement are fading.

For now, trading for Drew Henson remains a possibility for the Bills. But the more Buffalo explores a swap to acquire Henson from the Texans, the more difficult a deal appears.
    "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37
  • TheGhostofJimKelly
    • May 2003

You know this guy is really starting to P me off. What does he justify that he can have 1st round money? I have to say I liked the prospect of getting Henson for a 3rd or 2nd rounder next year and a very friendly, incentive based contract, but if this guy wants big time money forget it. I also hear he wants to make back the money he gave up for baseball. Nobody told you to quit baseball. Someone please give this kid a dose of reality. I see the Bills going after someone else in the 3rd round now.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
      • Jul 2002

Right on Ghost. He sounds like an arrogant jerk. I really hope it falls through.

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

It's not just that, TheGhostofJimKelly....it's also the fact that the Bills don't want to pony up what the Texans are looking for. If they did...Henson would have came here last week to do a special workout and evaluation with the Bills staff.

Comment

• Dozerdog
          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
          It's not just that, TheGhostofJimKelly....it's also the fact that the Bills don't want to pony up what the Texans are looking for. If they did...Henson would have came here last week to do a special workout and evaluation with the Bills staff.
          I don't think that's the case at all.

Henson isn't in Buffalo because of his contract demands. Why bring him in if he's not budging?

According to the article, the Texan's price is moot at this point, and TD is actually in agreement (with some tweaks) on the Texan's compensation.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

The Texans, who used a sixth-round pick in the 2003 draft to secure Henson's rights for the express purpose of trading him, have laid out conditions for a deal.

Casserly is said to be seeking a second-round choice in the 2005 draft. Or he would accept a conditional third-round choice that could eventually escalate to a first-round pick. If Henson reached thresholds to trigger the second scenario, the Texans would take the first-rounder and then give back a second-round pick to the franchise that acquired Henson.

Donahoe termed the Houston asking price as "reasonable," but indicated he might not be prepared to precisely match Casserly's conditions. "Everything is moot, though, until someone shows me a way to handle the contract," Donahoe said.

Comment

• hintexas
              • Mar 2003

If the Bills dont sign him then what round do you think he will be drafted in and what qb's will be picked before him?

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Well, you would have to compare him to who's out there -

Eli, Big Ben look like top 10 picks

Rivers, Loseman - seem to be solid to be taken late 1, no later than 2

I think Henson will be the 5th to 6th QB taken. If you are the Steelers, and know Henson already expects to be paid huge dollars, would you pick him and want a contract hold out on your hands?

The contract demands alone will drop him 2-3 spots among QBs.

He could go 2nd round, he could fall to the 4th.

Comment

• Bmax
                  • Aug 2003

It's henson's agents who are doing thir job of trying to get the most money for their client. They may be asking for too much money but hey i knew they would ...agents always ask for too much the question is will they lower thier demands to a more reasonable level so a deal can get done ....Second or thrid round money seems fair to me ...l

Bmax

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                    You know this guy is really starting to P me off. What does he justify that he can have 1st round money? I have to say I liked the prospect of getting Henson for a 3rd or 2nd rounder next year and a very friendly, incentive based contract, but if this guy wants big time money forget it. I also hear he wants to make back the money he gave up for baseball. Nobody told you to quit baseball. Someone please give this kid a dose of reality. I see the Bills going after someone else in the 3rd round now.

jeff smoker.
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bmax
                      It's henson's agents who are doing thir job of trying to get the most money for their client. They may be asking for too much money but hey i knew they would ...agents always ask for too much the question is will they lower thier demands to a more reasonable level so a deal can get done ....Second or thrid round money seems fair to me ...l

Bmax

That's where he will be drafted. If he wants to go to a team of his choice- sign the Texan's contract for the $250K

Sign the big one next season.

Comment

• The Natrix
                        • Jul 2002

I hope Henson's unreal demands get him drafted by the Cardinals in the 4th round, and he plays for peanuts where no one will care about him.

Draft Rivers at #13, Losman in the 2nd, or the best available in the third.

Byrd.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Natrix
                          I hope Henson's unreal demands get him drafted by the Cardinals in the 4th round, and he plays for peanuts where no one will care about him..
                          I think that is a very strong possibility.

It will be a race on who gets drafted first- Clarett or Henson.

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Jan 2004

Philip Rivers here we come to draft you!

Comment

• The_Philster
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                              I think that is a very strong possibility.

It will be a race on who gets drafted first- Clarett or Henson.
                              It'd be hilarious to see them both go undrafted.
                              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
                              X