PDA

View Full Version : Chance of Bills landing Henson fading.....

BidsJr
02-29-2004, 12:17 PM
For now, trading for Drew Henson remains a possibility for the Bills. But the more Buffalo explores ways to acquire Henson from the Texans, the more difficult a deal appears.

Bills general manager Tom Donahoe acknowledged to ESPN.com over the weekend that while the team is still intrigued by the potential of the former University of Michigan quarterback, its chances of reaching an agreement are fading.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1747451

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-29-2004, 12:32 PM
You know this guy is really starting to P me off. What does he justify that he can have 1st round money? I have to say I liked the prospect of getting Henson for a 3rd or 2nd rounder next year and a very friendly, incentive based contract, but if this guy wants big time money forget it. I also hear he wants to make back the money he gave up for baseball. Nobody told you to quit baseball. Someone please give this kid a dose of reality. I see the Bills going after someone else in the 3rd round now.

Novacane
02-29-2004, 12:36 PM
Right on Ghost. He sounds like an arrogant jerk. I really hope it falls through.

Michael82
02-29-2004, 12:51 PM
It's not just that, TheGhostofJimKelly....it's also the fact that the Bills don't want to pony up what the Texans are looking for. If they did...Henson would have came here last week to do a special workout and evaluation with the Bills staff.

Dozerdog
02-29-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Mikey82
It's not just that, TheGhostofJimKelly....it's also the fact that the Bills don't want to pony up what the Texans are looking for. If they did...Henson would have came here last week to do a special workout and evaluation with the Bills staff.

I don't think that's the case at all.

Henson isn't in Buffalo because of his contract demands. Why bring him in if he's not budging?

According to the article, the Texan's price is moot at this point, and TD is actually in agreement (with some tweaks) on the Texan's compensation.

Dozerdog
02-29-2004, 12:57 PM
The Texans, who used a sixth-round pick in the 2003 draft to secure Henson's rights for the express purpose of trading him, have laid out conditions for a deal.

Casserly is said to be seeking a second-round choice in the 2005 draft. Or he would accept a conditional third-round choice that could eventually escalate to a first-round pick. If Henson reached thresholds to trigger the second scenario, the Texans would take the first-rounder and then give back a second-round pick to the franchise that acquired Henson.

Donahoe termed the Houston asking price as "reasonable," but indicated he might not be prepared to precisely match Casserly's conditions. "Everything is moot, though, until someone shows me a way to handle the contract," Donahoe said.

hintexas
02-29-2004, 01:01 PM
If the Bills dont sign him then what round do you think he will be drafted in and what qb's will be picked before him?

Dozerdog
02-29-2004, 01:06 PM
Well, you would have to compare him to who's out there -

Eli, Big Ben look like top 10 picks

Rivers, Loseman - seem to be solid to be taken late 1, no later than 2

I think Henson will be the 5th to 6th QB taken. If you are the Steelers, and know Henson already expects to be paid huge dollars, would you pick him and want a contract hold out on your hands?

The contract demands alone will drop him 2-3 spots among QBs.

He could go 2nd round, he could fall to the 4th.

Bmax
02-29-2004, 01:08 PM
It's henson's agents who are doing thir job of trying to get the most money for their client. They may be asking for too much money but hey i knew they would ...agents always ask for too much the question is will they lower thier demands to a more reasonable level so a deal can get done ....Second or thrid round money seems fair to me ...l

Bmax

Tatonka
02-29-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
You know this guy is really starting to P me off. What does he justify that he can have 1st round money? I have to say I liked the prospect of getting Henson for a 3rd or 2nd rounder next year and a very friendly, incentive based contract, but if this guy wants big time money forget it. I also hear he wants to make back the money he gave up for baseball. Nobody told you to quit baseball. Someone please give this kid a dose of reality. I see the Bills going after someone else in the 3rd round now.

jeff smoker.

Dozerdog
02-29-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Bmax
It's henson's agents who are doing thir job of trying to get the most money for their client. They may be asking for too much money but hey i knew they would ...agents always ask for too much the question is will they lower thier demands to a more reasonable level so a deal can get done ....Second or thrid round money seems fair to me ...l

Bmax

That's where he will be drafted. If he wants to go to a team of his choice- sign the Texan's contract for the $250K

Sign the big one next season.

The Natrix
02-29-2004, 01:20 PM
I hope Henson's unreal demands get him drafted by the Cardinals in the 4th round, and he plays for peanuts where no one will care about him.

Draft Rivers at #13, Losman in the 2nd, or the best available in the third.

Dozerdog
02-29-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix
I hope Henson's unreal demands get him drafted by the Cardinals in the 4th round, and he plays for peanuts where no one will care about him..

I think that is a very strong possibility.

It will be a race on who gets drafted first- Clarett or Henson. :chuckle:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-29-2004, 01:55 PM
Philip Rivers here we come to draft you!

The_Philster
02-29-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
I think that is a very strong possibility.

It will be a race on who gets drafted first- Clarett or Henson. :chuckle:
:lol: It'd be hilarious to see them both go undrafted.

ScottLawrence
02-29-2004, 02:29 PM
Smoker, Schaubb, and Pickett are all great options in the third round.

Dozerdog
02-29-2004, 03:04 PM
Claussen as well

casdhf
02-29-2004, 03:10 PM
I'm sure glad I've not wanted Drew Henson all along.

Dozerdog
02-29-2004, 03:16 PM
We are not out of the woods yet, Cas. If he's there in the 3rd or 4th round, and we have filled holes- I can see TD picking him. He's willing to give a #2 next season, so I can see him using our #3, or trading our #2 next year for an extra #3 this year to grab him.

Then Henson will have to take whatever a 3rd rounder is slotted for.

socalfan
02-29-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
........Then Henson will have to take whatever a 3rd rounder is slotted for.

or hold out for more.

The_Philster
02-29-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by socalfan
or hold out for more.

then he gets to sit out another year

Dozerdog
02-29-2004, 03:39 PM
Well, there isn't much he can do- (or the team) there is only so much money under the rookie cap- the Bills or anyone else can't break the rules.

If he holds out- then he's going to lose yet another year of a paycheck. CFL or AFL would be his only choice. He can't go back to thre draft anymore.

socalfan
02-29-2004, 03:47 PM
I think he'll go back into the draft because no one will be able to figure out how to structure his contract before draft day. Then he'll probably end up being selected in the first round and he'll get the money.

I haven't really heard that the asking price has been too high, only that no one can figure out how to get the deal done.

The_Philster
02-29-2004, 03:56 PM
Who's the GM dumb enough to select someone who hasn't played football in 3 years? :scratch:

ShadowHawk7
02-29-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by BidsJr

Bills general manager Tom Donahoe acknowledged to ESPN.com over the weekend that while the team is still intrigued by the potential of the former University of Michigan quarterback, its chances of reaching an agreement are fading.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1747451

Serves the loser right! It'll be nice to see him enter the draft again, against his own will, be picked in the 4th, and be paid tid bits of what HE thinks he deserves.
TAKE A HIKE HENSON! :travel:

(heh, actually, i wouldn't mind grabbing him in the 3th or 4th if we didnt get Rivers, that'd be ironic..)