PDA

View Full Version : Maple Leaf Home Opener!

Earthquake Enyart
10-14-2002, 06:36 AM
Saturday nite I had the dish on HNIC from Toronto! Some questions I have:

Why were the Leafs introduced to Marilyn Manson's "Beautiful People"?

Did Pat Quinn get new glasses from Goodwill, or did he find a pair from 1974?

Isn't it disrespectful to have all those gay spinning Maple Leafs on the ice during the National Anthem?

You know I liked the "war hero". The poor canuck hit by friendly fire is the best they could do.

Very bizzare opening.

Ð
10-14-2002, 08:31 AM
A Saturday night at the Temple of hockey. Doesn't get any better than that.

Earthquake Enyart
10-14-2002, 08:34 AM
Especially when the Leafs lose.

Rude American
10-14-2002, 08:39 AM
EE, what in God's name were you doing watching the Leaf game? Oh, I know.. for the best camera work in the league BY FAR, the best host in hockey, Ron McLean, the best interviewers in the NHL, Scott Russell and Scott Oake, the best pair of broadcasters, Bob Cole and Harry Neale, the best 1st intermission in the league with RM and Don Cherry, the best 2nd intermission in the league with the hotstove, and the nicest rink in the NHL, not to mention the nicest unis. Dang I love the blue and white. Godda love them Leafers! :D

Earthquake Enyart
10-14-2002, 08:42 AM
For some reason, Empire didn't want to show the same festivities in Montreal, so I switched over to HNIC.

I agree with you about the intermissions. I try to catch both. I like the fact that DirecTV gives us a HNIC feed almost every Saturday. I even wish they gave us CBC, just for laughs.

Rude American
10-14-2002, 08:46 AM
CBC has quality programming. RedGgreen, this hour has 22 minutes, etc. Godda love the canuck sense of humor!

Rude American
10-14-2002, 08:55 AM
I also used to enjoy watching Hawks games even though they were a Norrid D rival, because Wanyne Messmer's rendition of the the anthem gave you goose bumps every time in the same spots no matter what you did to brace yourself, and the tandem of Pat Foley and Dale tallon was also pretty good. Biesed, but good. But I endorse biased commentators to a degree... like the way Ken Harrelson is biased towards the White Sox.

Ð
10-14-2002, 08:56 AM
Does anyone remember Hinterland Who's Who ?

Ð
10-14-2002, 09:01 AM
Check out the crazy Hinterland Who's Who clips
http://www.cws-scf.ec.gc.ca/hww-fap/video_e.cfm
You gotta scroll down to the bottom. They're so lame :D I like the Ptarmigan clip LOL

Ð
10-14-2002, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Rude American
Biesed, but good.

Hey! I resemble that remark! (my last name is Bies :D)

Earthquake Enyart
10-14-2002, 09:15 AM
I also used to enjoy watching Hawks games even though they were a Norrid D rival, because Wanyne Messmer's rendition of the the anthem gave you goose bumps every time in the same spots no matter what you did to brace yourself, and the tandem of Pat Foley and Dale tallon was also pretty good. Biesed, but good. But I endorse biased commentators to a degree... like the way Ken Harrelson is biased towards the White Sox.

Tallon was a scout for the last couple of years. I'm glad he's back in the booth. True, they are biased, but they are not afraid to call a spade a spade. The two of them are very good.

I love the Hawk. Wish Paciorek would come back. Darren Jackson is like Monty in Major League.

Sabre Ally
10-14-2002, 06:08 PM
CBC has quality programming. RedGgreen, this hour has 22 minutes, etc. Godda love the canuck sense of humor!

Oh good, I was afraid I was the only one watching that stuff.

Dozerdog
10-14-2002, 06:14 PM
Is TSNM owned and operated by ESPN? Their logos look eerily identical.

And I saw one of their promo commercials... a ripoff of athletes roaming the halls of Bristol, CT.

Ken Hodge brought back memories, though....

Ð
10-14-2002, 06:41 PM
Yeah TSN was bought out by ESPN a year or so back.

Sabre Ally
10-14-2002, 06:52 PM
TSN must suck then, eh?

BironsGirl43
10-14-2002, 07:28 PM
TSN is good... their old logo was better I think.. it was like a black cube with TSN in gold (circle thingies.. hard to explain if you don't know what I'm talking about) and it was original.. now it's so ESPN-ish.. but who really cares anyway!!

I don't like the shows on CBC.. they suck! lol.. I only like HNIC.. especially when the Sabres are on it! :)

Rude American
10-14-2002, 08:37 PM
How could you not like Edgemont? It's the best show on tv. Honestly. That Annika...she's always up to something! :D

http://cbc.ca/kids/imx/shows/edgemont/offsite.html

www.edgemont.tv

Sabre Ally
10-14-2002, 08:43 PM
http://cbcinfomatrix.ca/shows/img/pelswick.gif

Sabre Ally
10-17-2002, 05:07 PM
How could you not like Edgemont? It's the best show on tv. Honestly. That Annika...she's always up to something! :D

http://cbc.ca/kids/imx/shows/edgemont/offsite.html

OK, I watched this today for the first time.........Annika is a total beatch!!!!! LOL.
Kat seems pretty kewl.......

But seriously, Rude.........you don't really watch this crap, do you? :rofl:

Rude American
10-18-2002, 12:51 PM
Yep. I don't know how or when it happened, but it did. I got hooked. :D

Ð
10-18-2002, 01:45 PM
Hi
My name is Monte and...
(tears)I'm a Edgemontaholic(more tears)
:D

Rude American
10-18-2002, 02:50 PM
lol, the Edgemontaholics are known as Monte's!

Sabre Ally
10-18-2002, 02:52 PM
:lmao:

Sabre Ally
10-18-2002, 06:53 PM
Oh geez, I just keep discovering new things to love on Canadian Tee Vee.

Bean, the animated series? LOL.

Rideau Hall? :lmao: I love it

MissBuffalo
10-18-2002, 09:54 PM
How about Digrassi High and Jr. High?? Ah!!! Love that show.:girlsmil:

Quality TV at its finest.

Rude American
10-18-2002, 10:13 PM
I played Snake on that show...seriously.

Ebenezer
10-18-2002, 10:17 PM
King of Kensington anybody?

Ð
10-18-2002, 11:01 PM
Well they call me King of Kensington (Waxman)
I was so fat I weighed a ton (Waxman)
'Cause I'm Al Waxman, yeah, I'm Al Waxman