• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jan 2004

more specualtion that Ruben may not be back with the BILLS

and "he said that it doesn't look good" the BILLS want him to take a hefty pay cut he didn't say how much but he did say that would be alot less than what he was making last yr. He went on to say that Ruben said "he'll take a paycut to stay in Buffalo and that he loves the city of Buffalo and the people that live here and the fans that come to the game every Sunday". Then his agent said this "as his agent I wouldn't allow him to take that much of a pay cut and that he thinks that the BILLS are blackballing him". BYE BYE Ruben
    Last edited by BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan; 02-29-2004, 03:41 PM.
  • socalfan
    Old Fogey from Cali
    • Feb 2003

Looks like Reimersma all over again. Well maybe someone else will pick him up.

Comment

• The_Philster
      • Jul 2002

Bad move if it happens. We need to keep Ruben.
      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Fairway To Green
        • Jul 2002

Re: more specualtion that Ruben may not be back with the BILLS

Originally posted by BillsChampsin04
        Then his agent said this "as his agent I wouldn't allow him to take that much of a pay cut and that he thinks that the BILLS are blackballing him". BYE BYE Ruben

HE wouldn't allow Ruben to take the pay cut? What a joke! If he wants to stay here he should fire the guy and do what he wants to do. I thought he said it's not about the money anymore for him.

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

Hey Bills Champ all of your supposed breaking news have been BS. I'll take this with a grain of salt as well. You propbably just posted half truths like your original Ruben Brown story.

Comment

• juice
            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Fairway To Green
            HE wouldn't allow Ruben to take the pay cut? What a joke! If he wants to stay here he should fire the guy and do what he wants to do. I thought he said it's not about the money anymore for him.
            Why would you ask your Best Lineman to take a half paycut. I think instead of his agent he will probably fire the Team, if this is true.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

Re: more specualtion that Ruben may not be back with the BILLS

Originally posted by BillsChampsin04
              and "he said that it doesn't look good" the BILLS want him to take a hefty pay cut he didn't say how much but he did say that would be alot less than what he was making last yr. He went on to say that Ruben said "he'll take a paycut to stay in Buffalo and that he loves the city of Buffalo and the people that live here and the fans that come to the game every Sunday". Then his agent said this "as his agent I wouldn't allow him to take that much of a pay cut and that he thinks that the BILLS are blackballing him". BYE BYE Ruben
              Link?

Comment

• The_Philster
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by juice
                Why would you ask your Best Lineman to take a half paycut. I think instead of his agent he will probably fire the Team, if this is true.
                it's called needing to fit under the salary cap
                The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
                  Link?
                  I'd just be interested to know the name of the sports talk show.

Comment

• juice
                    • Aug 2003

Originally posted by The_Philster
                    it's called needing to fit under the salary cap
                    I dont see many Pro Bowlers taking massive pay cuts like what's being reported here. He didn't put the team in salary cap hell. Thats a Front Office Issue from past years.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• The Spaz
                      • Mar 2003

I'd just be interested to know the name of the sports talk show.
                      BS radio 1-800AM/FM

Comment

• The_Philster
                        • Jul 2002

I dont see many Pro Bowlers taking massive pay cuts like what's being reported here.
                        And you know about every pay cut that players around the league are being asked to take?
                        He didn't put the team in salary cap hell. Thats a Front Office Issue from past years.
                        Who said it was his fault? We can't afford to pay him that ridiculous contract that Butler gave him. It's a pay cut (which he agreed to take) or chances are he could be gone.
                        BS radio 1-800AM/FM

Comment

• juice
                          • Aug 2003

And you know about every pay cut that players around the league are being asked to take?

Who said it was his fault? We can't afford to pay him that ridiculous contract that Butler gave him. It's a pay cut (which he agreed to take) or chances are he could be gone.
                          He said he would take a paycut... not have his throat cut.

He isn't the only high paid player on offense.. Maybe Bledsoe should have been the first asked to take a paycut.. and Moulds second.

Because he isn't playing a skill position doesn't make his value to the team any less.. Especially if the team is going to be run first.

He earned his pay.

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

It's not like he's the only one being asked to take a pay but...but he has to take it soon because of the roster bonus that he is due to receive in a few days.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                              Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                              • Mar 2003

Hey Bills Champ all of your supposed breaking news have been BS. I'll take this with a grain of salt as well. You propbably just posted half truths like your original Ruben Brown story.
                              Seriously, wut kinda smut r u tryin to feed us? Most of us smart ones aren't reely liking the taste of it either...
                              "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                              -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                              X