PDA

View Full Version : more specualtion that Ruben may not be back with the BILLS

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-29-2004, 03:39 PM
and "he said that it doesn't look good" the BILLS want him to take a hefty pay cut he didn't say how much but he did say that would be alot less than what he was making last yr. He went on to say that Ruben said "he'll take a paycut to stay in Buffalo and that he loves the city of Buffalo and the people that live here and the fans that come to the game every Sunday". Then his agent said this "as his agent I wouldn't allow him to take that much of a pay cut and that he thinks that the BILLS are blackballing him". BYE BYE :bigwave: Ruben

socalfan
02-29-2004, 03:50 PM
Looks like Reimersma all over again. Well maybe someone else will pick him up.

The_Philster
02-29-2004, 03:59 PM
Bad move if it happens. We need to keep Ruben.

Novacane
02-29-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by BillsChampsin04
Then his agent said this "as his agent I wouldn't allow him to take that much of a pay cut and that he thinks that the BILLS are blackballing him". BYE BYE :bigwave: Ruben

HE wouldn't allow Ruben to take the pay cut? What a joke! If he wants to stay here he should fire the guy and do what he wants to do. I thought he said it's not about the money anymore for him.

The Spaz
02-29-2004, 04:18 PM
Hey Bills Champ all of your supposed breaking news have been BS. I'll take this with a grain of salt as well. You propbably just posted half truths like your original Ruben Brown story.

juice
02-29-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
HE wouldn't allow Ruben to take the pay cut? What a joke! If he wants to stay here he should fire the guy and do what he wants to do. I thought he said it's not about the money anymore for him.

Why would you ask your Best Lineman to take a half paycut. I think instead of his agent he will probably fire the Team, if this is true.

The Spaz
02-29-2004, 04:26 PM
and "he said that it doesn't look good" the BILLS want him to take a hefty pay cut he didn't say how much but he did say that would be alot less than what he was making last yr. He went on to say that Ruben said "he'll take a paycut to stay in Buffalo and that he loves the city of Buffalo and the people that live here and the fans that come to the game every Sunday". Then his agent said this "as his agent I wouldn't allow him to take that much of a pay cut and that he thinks that the BILLS are blackballing him". BYE BYE :bigwave: Ruben

Link?

The_Philster
02-29-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by juice
Why would you ask your Best Lineman to take a half paycut. I think instead of his agent he will probably fire the Team, if this is true.

it's called needing to fit under the salary cap

The_Philster
02-29-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Link?

I'd just be interested to know the name of the sports talk show. :shakeno:

juice
02-29-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
it's called needing to fit under the salary cap

I dont see many Pro Bowlers taking massive pay cuts like what's being reported here. He didn't put the team in salary cap hell. Thats a Front Office Issue from past years.

The Spaz
02-29-2004, 04:44 PM

I'd just be interested to know the name of the sports talk show. :shakeno:

BS radio 1-800AM/FM

The_Philster
02-29-2004, 05:01 PM
I dont see many Pro Bowlers taking massive pay cuts like what's being reported here.

And you know about every pay cut that players around the league are being asked to take? :rolleyes:
He didn't put the team in salary cap hell. Thats a Front Office Issue from past years.

Who said it was his fault? :scratch: We can't afford to pay him that ridiculous contract that Butler gave him. It's a pay cut (which he agreed to take) or chances are he could be gone.
BS radio 1-800AM/FM
:lol:

juice
02-29-2004, 05:14 PM
And you know about every pay cut that players around the league are being asked to take? :rolleyes:

Who said it was his fault? :scratch: We can't afford to pay him that ridiculous contract that Butler gave him. It's a pay cut (which he agreed to take) or chances are he could be gone.
:lol:

He said he would take a paycut... not have his throat cut.

He isn't the only high paid player on offense.. Maybe Bledsoe should have been the first asked to take a paycut.. and Moulds second.

Because he isn't playing a skill position doesn't make his value to the team any less.. Especially if the team is going to be run first.

He earned his pay.

The_Philster
02-29-2004, 05:40 PM
It's not like he's the only one being asked to take a pay but...but he has to take it soon because of the roster bonus that he is due to receive in a few days.

ShadowHawk7
02-29-2004, 06:30 PM
Hey Bills Champ all of your supposed breaking news have been BS. I'll take this with a grain of salt as well. You propbably just posted half truths like your original Ruben Brown story.

Seriously, wut kinda smut r u tryin to feed us? :scratch: Most of us smart ones aren't reely liking the taste of it either... :shutit:

wbat27
02-29-2004, 06:31 PM
HE IS GOOD BUT OVERRATED AND OLD THATS WHY HE SHOULD TAKE A PAY CUT. BE A TEAM PLAYER NOT GREEDY

ShadowHawk7
02-29-2004, 06:44 PM
Woah, wuts ur deal w/ the ALL CAPS Bat? We definitley need him, but he shud take a pay cut from Pro Bowl salary to Very Good Player salary.

Novacane
02-29-2004, 06:51 PM

I dont see many Pro Bowlers taking massive pay cuts like what's being reported here. He didn't put the team in salary cap hell. Thats a Front Office Issue from past years.

Are you Ruben Browns agent. He is good and will be missed if released. He is not the god of Offensive Linemen like you make him out to be.

Novacane
02-29-2004, 06:53 PM

He isn't the only high paid player on offense.. Maybe Bledsoe should have been the first asked to take a paycut..

On this I could not agree with you more :up:

juice
02-29-2004, 07:00 PM
Are you Ruben Browns agent. He is good and will be missed if released. He is not the god of Offensive Linemen like you make him out to be.

He's the heart of this "O" line and by far our best Lineman.

Novacane
02-29-2004, 07:27 PM

That's not saying much!

juice
02-29-2004, 07:41 PM
That's not saying much!

What it says is that we cant afford to lose him when we already have issues at every other position on the line.

The_Philster
02-29-2004, 07:42 PM
What it says is that we cant afford to lose him when we already have issues at every other position on the line.

I'd almost agree with that...except that our Tackle positions are OK...but C and RG are hurting....and LG would be hurting without Ruben

The Spaz
02-29-2004, 07:44 PM
Let's get to the real story here and that is this thread is a bunch of BS started by BillsChamp. I can see if he gives links or quotes from reliable news sources but he doesn't and for whatever reason it really pisses me off especially because The Zone is usually pretty classy as far as breaking news of rumors ETC.:mad::(

juice
02-29-2004, 07:56 PM
Let's get to the real story here and that is this thread is a bunch of BS started by BillsChamp. I can see if he gives links or quotes from reliable news sources but he doesn't and for whatever reason it really pisses me off especially because The Zone is usually pretty classy as far as breaking news of rumors ETC.:mad::(

Give him hell until he shows back up and discloses his source.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-29-2004, 08:20 PM

Cold Pizza on ESPN2 runs from 7am - 9am www.coldpizza.tv/about.html I know what I heard guys honestly

Tatonka
02-29-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by socalfan
Looks like Reimersma all over again. Well maybe someone else will pick him up.

someone will definately pick him up.. no question.. he is still serivicable.. but there is NO WAY he gets paid the 5.8 million he was due this year.. he will get half that on the market.

because he is aging and is not as good as he once was.. and he is being paid too much.. 5.8 million a year for a decent, but not great lineman is too much.. period.

exactly

The Spaz
02-29-2004, 09:37 PM

Cold Pizza on ESPN2 runs from 7am - 9am www.coldpizza.tv/about.html I know what I heard guys honestly

Show me in there where it says anything about it. I can pull sites out of my ass like a magician too!:biggrin::lolhit:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-29-2004, 11:36 PM

Show me in there where it says anything about it. I can pull sites out of my ass like a magician too!:biggrin::lolhit:

I can't, It was Thurs. show If you don't believe me fine I don't care anymore if you want to call me a lier fine but I know what I heard and I'll say what I want to say because I know it's the truth!! I should've put the stupid link down as soon as I heard it I'm sorry and I feel bad about it.

Marvelous
03-01-2004, 04:03 AM
I like Ruben as much as the next guy.
but
-He is a G not a T imo T's are way more important..
-He has not earned a pro bowl trip in 3-4 years
-He is top of the league in holding(unofficial)
-That BS that happened week 17
-Our line has blown chunks for years now. time for a change
Now that i think about it he has been mediocre since big Carl Muck left.

He needs to take a MAJOR pay cut because like someone said his contract is from Butler and back when he played solid..

I'm all for saving some cash by cutting him and putting Sobieski or some young kid at LG..

And as much as i dont believe all this Ruben talk I do think he will be cut early this week...........

The_Philster
03-01-2004, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by Sippio
I like Ruben as much as the next guy.
but
-He is a G not a T imo T's are way more important..

Problems at RG were a key factor to our problems in pass protection in 2003. We lose Ruben, those problems multiply.
-He is top of the league in holding(unofficial)

Honestly, his penalties have gone down the past few years. I don't think he was even tops on the team in holding. :scratch:

-That BS that happened week 17

That was Williams and Gilbride responsible for that. Ruben didn't abandon the team like they tried to portray.
-Our line has blown chunks for years now. time for a change

If changing at LG were the only thing to do, I might agree with you. But we have bigger holes at RG and C.

Lone Stranger
03-01-2004, 05:59 AM
If he is going to cost us $4 million if he is cut then we should find a way to keep him. Deep down we know that his attitude was no different from what the majority of us felt.

Marvelous
03-01-2004, 02:08 PM
Good reporting BillsChampsin04.

Phillster, you have some valid points but my oppinion stands that Ruben's usefulness has passed with us anyways. i'm glad you can throw down your oppinions in good form.. The left side was awful last year, it's hard for me to pinpoint Ruben but a veteran superstar like him should have been more involved with helping the kids imo..

fmr60, I'm sure we all felt that way, but if thats the case Ruben handled it poorly........