PDA

View Full Version : Where is this paycut for Bledsoe everyone said was a done deal?

BillsFever
02-29-2004, 09:43 PM
What happened to this paycut all the Bledsoe lovers said he would be so eager to take? It's 2 days until FA and there is no sign of a paycut in the future.

A lot of people said he should stay because he will take a paycut, and if he didn't he should be let go. Have any of you changed your minds yet?

Sure we can blackball everyone else, but no way can we hurt Bledsoe's feelings. Bledsoe is gonna eat almost 15% of our cap this year.

When we are short of money to spend in the FA market lets not hear too many people complain. Just look to the hero behind center and you will find the reason why. A scrub who can't produce taking up almost15% of our cap. What a shame.

But hey, if the paycut does come, then it will be after all the good FA's are taken off the market. Not a big deal, we have Bledsoe as our QB. We don't need anyone else, we can just rid him to our 7-9 record.

Dozerdog
02-29-2004, 09:49 PM
What's the hurry?

:deadhorse

BillsFever
02-29-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
What's the hurry?

:deadhorse

Hmmm, maybe a certain thing called FA.

Dozerdog
02-29-2004, 09:59 PM
Right now, the team is $10.5 Million UNDER the cap. If they get rid of Ruben Brown tomorrow, they are almost $12 Million under.

I'll bet TD has pretty much mapped out what his budget will be. $10-12 million under the cap will not prohibit the Bills from going after any free agent (well, matching or exceeding peyton Manning's $18 million might be tough)

I think they are conncentrating on players that need to take a paycut to remain (Ruben Brown for one) first. My guess is that everyone knows Bledsoe will be here next season so there is no rush.

It's not a matter of "Bledsoe Loving"- it's basic football economics knowledge

Dozerdog
02-29-2004, 10:06 PM
$10-12 million under the cap will not prohibit the Bills from going after any free agent

- Correction-

Any free agent that they have targeted

The Natrix
02-29-2004, 10:45 PM

I think they are conncentrating on players that need to take a paycut to remain (Ruben Brown for one) first.

So a probowl Guard "needs" to take a paycut to remain, yet a washed up QB who makes twice as much doesn't "need" to. That makes sense.

Hopefully the fact that Bledsoe hasn't taken a paycut points to him possibly being cut.

TigerJ
02-29-2004, 10:57 PM
I don't know that the Bills and Bledsoe's agent will agree on a renegotiated (lower) contract. I suspect that if anything were to happen we probably wouldn't hear about it until an agreement were in place. TD's style is not to do things like this in publc. The whole organization is better than the average NFL team at keeping secrets.

Dozerdog
02-29-2004, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix
So a probowl Guard "needs" to take a paycut to remain, yet a washed up QB who makes twice as much doesn't "need" to. That makes sense.

Hopefully the fact that Bledsoe hasn't taken a paycut points to him possibly being cut.

Did I say Bledsoe didn't need a pay cut?

Ruben Brown has bonus that will kick in just around the corner. They need to hammer his deal out first. Bledsoe's will come- just not today or tomorrow to satisfy the impatient fans.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-01-2004, 06:59 AM
Hold on big guy, I am not in the "everyone said" group. I for one doesn't think Bledsoe will restructure his deal. Look it up slick.

elltrain22
03-01-2004, 08:20 AM
DB better take a pay cut when he asked.:apu: :apu:

Novacane
03-01-2004, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
Hold on big guy, I am not in the "everyone said" group. I for one doesn't think Bledsoe will restructure his deal. Look it up slick.

I remember you saying that. I don't think he will either.

Novacane
03-01-2004, 09:02 AM
If TD wants to blackball Bledsoe he should not re-work the contract yet. Let FA start and let all the teams get their QB in place for next year. Then go to Bledsoe and demand the pay cut. He will have a lot less leverage then.

Novacane
03-01-2004, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
If TD wants to blackball Bledsoe he should not re-work the contract yet. Let FA start and let all the teams get their QB in place for next year. Then go to Bledsoe and demand the pay cut. He will have a lot less leverage then.

Of course under this scenerio we would have to sign a competent backup in FA. Bledsoe knows we are not going to cut him and start Vanpelt.

Halbert
03-01-2004, 10:43 AM
I have never used the "BWAHAHA" phrase, but I can't wait to use it in November when Drew is a ProBowl candidate again.

Tatonka
03-01-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Halbert
I have never used the "BWAHAHA" phrase, but I can't wait to use it in November when Drew is a ProBowl candidate again.

wow.. talk about absurd..

bledsoe will be deserving of a probowl as soon as ruben makes another one as a bill.

Novacane
03-01-2004, 12:29 PM

Hope you get that chance. Don't hold your breath.

Bert102176
03-01-2004, 12:53 PM
well Ruben is gone now but I don't think Bledsoe will take a paycut I think he is too greedy

pats-were-right
03-01-2004, 02:38 PM

After reading that I get to use it now:

BWAHAHA BWAHAHA BWAHAHA!!!!!!!!

I'll make the Pro-Bowl before that guy does!

Halbert
03-01-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
wow.. talk about absurd..

bledsoe will be deserving of a probowl as soon as ruben makes another one as a bill.
We'll see.

Note that I said candidate, not necessarily that he'll make it. I’m just not at all convinced that at 31 or whatever he’s washed up. Quarterbacks have bad years sometimes and his coincided with abysmal pass protection, making him look much worse. Now he’s got McNally (arguably the best OL coach in the league), Wyche (possibly the most knowledgeable QB coach ever), and Clements (along with Malarky, a history of elevating much, much more inferior QB’s). A healthy Moulds and a maturing Reed won’t hurt, either.

You already know by now I’ve long given up on Bledsoe as the dominant savior QB, but he still is far better than at least half the QB’s in the league. A great many QB’s excel in the latter stages of their careers and I think he’ll be another one of them. I see that as A LOT more likely than he ends up really belonging on the trash heap.

At least I know that you’ll stand up and take your medicine if it becomes obvious you’re wrong.