PDA

View Full Version : Tom Donahoe Press Conference

The Spaz
03-01-2004, 11:47 AM
http://www.buffalobills.com/index.cfm#

Check it out!:up::beer:

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-01-2004, 12:07 PM
Could you post the transcript or the jist, my company blocks BB.com from our internet use.:grind:

The Spaz
03-01-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
Could you post the transcript or the jist, my company blocks BB.com from our internet use.

Those bastards! BB.com should have a transcript up later I'll post it then!:up::beer:

Ebenezer
03-01-2004, 12:11 PM
is it over?

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-01-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz

Those bastards! BB.com should have a transcript up later I'll post it then!:up::beer:

:urock:

The Spaz
03-01-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
is it over?

Yes it wasn't broadcasted live. It's 25Min. Long. You can click the audio link on the front page of BB.com and access it.:beer:

Tatonka
03-01-2004, 12:55 PM
henson has unrealistic demands. TD talked to condon and told him the bills want him, and what contract they can work with.. ball is in condons court.

ruben got cut because of play/cap/last years incident issues... it was soley 100% the coaching staffs choice, not TDs.

winfield will NOT be back. he knows this because they wont even talk to him about a contract. so he is over it.

the O line will be fixed.. they dont know exactly how/when.. they have a plan, which includes the draft and FA all the way up until July.

they will not take a RB in the first round... he did joke and say.. well, maybe clarett.. then laughed.

all the restricted FA have been tendered and he is working on a deal with sullivan right now.

they absolutely will get a good young qb in there.
that is the jist of it.

Tatonka
03-01-2004, 12:58 PM
this is the same thing.. from billsdaily.com
Winfield Gone? Tom Donahoe said today that he doesn't anticipate Antoine Winfield returning to the Bills. He said they would not discuss a new contract before free agency which leads him to believe he wants to be elsewhere.

Brown's Release Based On Many Factors: Tom Donahoe spoke with the media regarding various issues including the release of Ruben Brown, Drew Henson, and free agency. Donahoe thanked Ruben Brown for all he has done for the team on and off the field. He believed that the new staff wanted to go in a different direction and his release was the best for both parties. He said there were many factors including the salary cap, what happened at the end of last year, and the direction the new staff wants to go in.

Bills Issue Tenders: Tom Donahoe said the team has tendered offeres to all restricted and exclusive rights free agents. He said talks are ongoing on a long term deal with Marques Sullivan. The team will get compensation if they lose any of the tendered players.

Patience Needed In Free Agent Market: Tom Donahoe said he's reluctant to say what the team needs in free agency and emphasized that patience is needed and they need to be ready to re-adjust their plans depending on what happens early in the free agency period. He says the team needs to get better in many areas including the offensive line but that may not all happen early in free agency but will get done. Donahoe does not expect to release any more players before the start of Free Agency on Wednesday. He expects the team to be involved in free agency but not as active as they were last year.

Henson's Demands Don't Fit Bill: Tom Donahoe said that there are many hoops to jump through to come to a contract agreement with Henson and right now the Bills aren't comfortable with the terms of the deal that Henson is trying to get. He spoke with the agent for Henson today and let him know what terms the Bills would be comfortable with.

Bills Cut Brown: The Bills have decided to part ways with all-pro guard Ruben Brown. In an apparent salary cap move the team will save the $1.8 Million on the cap that they would've had to pay Brown as a roster bonus if he was still on the team on Wednesday. Brown has made the Pro Bowl each of the last eight years and had a falling out with the prior coaching staff that made him miss the season finale against New England.

Bmax
03-01-2004, 01:08 PM
Hmm I guess this new staff likes sullivan !!!! why else would they be seeking a long term deal...

I think they will take their time and sign a guy who won't cost big bucks at guard or get someone in the draft.

With winfield not coming back look for the bills to go after will poole from usc .....

Bmax

hintexas
03-01-2004, 02:05 PM
I cant get a very good connection but did he say that Winfields agent is not returning calls so he doesnt expect him to return and then later I think he said something about you can nevener have too many corners.

Tatonka
03-01-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Bmax
Hmm I guess this new staff likes sullivan !!!! why else would they be seeking a long term deal...

I think they will take their time and sign a guy who won't cost big bucks at guard or get someone in the draft.

With winfield not coming back look for the bills to go after will poole from usc .....

Bmax

he said that sullivan played extremely well when he was a starter. it almost sounded like he was saying that GW never should have benched him. i think he gets his job back for sure.

Originally posted by hintexas
I cant get a very good connection but did he say that Winfields agent is not returning calls so he doesnt expect him to return and then later I think he said something about you can nevener have too many corners.

he said that he believes that both mcgee and possibly kevin thomas will be starting corners in this league. he said that he would like to buy them some more time to get better though.. i got the distinct impression from how he said it that we may go after a guy like bobby taylor or troy vincent that would be good for a couple years and then our young guys could go from their.

i also forgot to add that he talked about the Dline.

he said that he is sick of denny being a whipping boy to the media.. he said he played well last year as a first year starter, and taht he is definately more of a run stuffer that probably wont get double digit sacks, but that doesnt mean he is not doing well.

he also said that kelsay has as many pass rush moves and speed as anyone on the line..

he said the media is alot more ready to say we need DE help than the coaches are.

Halbert
03-01-2004, 03:14 PM
I read recently that the Bills were 10th in the league in sacks. Is that correct? If so, for a team that scored about as often as a high school Halbert, that's incredible.

The Spaz
03-01-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Halbert
I read recently that the Bills were 10th in the league in sacks. Is that correct? If so, for a team that scored about as often as a high school Halbert, that's incredible.

We were 9th in the league, and yes it is incredible concidering.

Bmax
03-01-2004, 05:01 PM
Donahoe says that the media is too tough on denney ! And that he played well last season ? WHAT !!!!! Give me a break the guy is a stiff and tom better hope he starts playing... after all he traded up to get the underachieving denney....

Bmax