PDA

View Full Version : Ruben Brown's Comments on Being Released

The_Philster
03-01-2004, 03:06 PM
"Today is very difficult day for me in that I have truly loved playing for the Buffalo Bills. I want to thank Ralph Wilson, one of the great men in this league and a true class act. Thank you to all my teammates over the years. I've played with some Hall of Famers and those who are not, but they all have a special place in my heart. I also want to offer my personal thanks to the Bills organization of which so many individuals have helped me during my years with the Bills, both on the field and off. I won't go through all of the names, but two that particularly stand out are the late John Butler and Director of Community Relations Gretchen Geitter....more (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/index.cfm?cont_id=232917)
http://www.buffalobills.com/photos/rbrown1029_subsq.jpg

Michael82
03-01-2004, 03:18 PM
Of course he thanks Butler! He's the only one crazy enough to give him that kind of dough! :rolleyes:

BTW...I heard on WNSA that when Ruben Brown is done with the NFL, he will probably still live in Buffalo and will always call it his home. :up:

Devin
03-01-2004, 03:20 PM
class act, mistake getting rid of him. Not the best certainly not the worst but someone I hoped was a career Bill.

Pride
03-01-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Devin
class act, mistake getting rid of him. Not the best certainly not the worst but someone I hoped was a career Bill.

:bf1:

Ickybaluky
03-01-2004, 07:04 PM
msitake, please ignore.

shelby
03-01-2004, 07:12 PM
Nice remarks.:up:

Mr. Cynical
03-01-2004, 07:12 PM

:clap:

ShadowHawk7
03-01-2004, 07:37 PM
;)

He left in a great wake. Hopefully he'll have a couple more good years left... Big mistake, but I guess we won't kno till mid September...

helmetguy
03-01-2004, 07:47 PM
Reuben always has been a classy guy. I'd love to see more guys like that in the media spotlight. Instead, we get the never ending sagas of the MEshawn and TO types.

The_Philster
03-01-2004, 07:58 PM
I'm gonna really miss the way he came out of the tunnel all pumped up inciting the crowd. He didn't do that much at all in 2003. It sucks that he had to go out with that little passion. :down: You always like to remember a player at the height of his career.

STAMPY
03-01-2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Mikey82
Of course he thanks Butler! He's the only one crazy enough to give him that kind of dough! :rolleyes:

BTW...I heard on WNSA that when Ruben Brown is done with the NFL, he will probably still live in Buffalo and will always call it his home. :up:

give the guy a break... he didn't have to go out like that... he could have dissed the organization... he was a great o linemen so he deserved the money... maybe his skills lessened over the last 2 years, still a class bill

Lefty2985
03-01-2004, 08:07 PM
Thank Godd!
He sucks and was overrated. bye bye brown:horn:

Tatonka
03-01-2004, 08:13 PM
class act all the way.. he can be replaced on the field.. physically.. but guys that represent an organization like he did are hard to come by.. i hope he gets his ring like beebee and some others did.

G. Host
03-02-2004, 11:51 AM
I'll be cheering for Ruben except when he plays Buffalo. I hope his heart remains in Buffalo even though he will play elsewhere.

Michael82
03-02-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by G. Host
I'll be cheering for Ruben except when he plays Buffalo. I hope his heart remains in Buffalo even though he will play elsewhere.

He said that Buffalo will always remain his home and he will still do his charities in Buffalo, plus will live in Buffalo, even after he retires. :up: