PDA

View Full Version : Bills to offer 6 year deal to woody.

nolimit
03-01-2004, 05:18 PM
Hours after Bills released Ruben Brown sources say that Bills GM Tom Donahoe will waste no time in pursuing Patriots Guard/Center Damion Woody. Woddy was the dertermining factor in Browns release due to his age and his potential. I am hearing a 6 year deal will be offered to Woddy. Bills GM has been known the past 2 season to make the first leaps into free agency such as last year signing Jeff Posey 2 hours after Free Agency begun. We will have more on wednesdays show on this for sure!

This is from the infamous BrianH. I foind it on another site.

Dozerdog
03-01-2004, 05:20 PM
When Pro Football Talk put something up, Brian is not far behind!

Coach Siefert needs all te O line help he can get.

nolimit
03-01-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
When Pro Football Talk put something up, Brian is not far behind!

Coach Siefert needs all te O line help he can get.

LMAO!!!

mypoorfriendme
03-01-2004, 06:23 PM
so that comensates for brown, teague, and pucillo?? im mad because now woody is only going to be the beginning of our solution IF we are able to get him in

The Spaz
03-01-2004, 06:40 PM
Yeah Damian Woddy will be NFL draft eligible in 2028!:rofl:

mypoorfriendme
03-01-2004, 07:28 PM
i dont get it :scratch:

The Spaz
03-01-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
i dont get it :scratch:

His name is Damian Woody not Woddy. He mispelled it 2 times and once correctly.

Tatonka
03-01-2004, 08:20 PM
awesome.. brian is always right!

:snicker:

MDFINFAN
03-01-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz

His name is Damian Woody not Woddy. He mispelled it 2 times and once correctly.

I hope not..but:x:

Tatonka
03-01-2004, 08:31 PM
hey md.. good to see you.

MDFINFAN
03-01-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN

I hope not..but:x:

Thanks, I'm still trying to finish building my house and it's taking all my time, I try to get on the net from time to time to see what's going on....I can't believe we're fighting you guys for the same guard\center...oh man you had more money than us and we don't like to overpay for FA's.

Tatonka
03-01-2004, 08:41 PM
Thanks, I'm still trying to finish building my house and it's taking all my time, I try to get on the net from time to time to see what's going on....I can't believe we're fighting you guys for the same guard\center...oh man you had more money than us and we don't like to overpay for FA's.

thanks ok.. maybe you will get lucky and we will overpay a guy like teague so you can have woody.. :snicker:

doubtful though... dont all FAs want to be bills?

MDFINFAN
03-01-2004, 08:43 PM

If you have the kind of dough they want, they would love to be a bill, then again, any team pays them how they want to be paid, they love that team, isn't it the way of the capitalists...:rofl:

BIGDAWG
03-01-2004, 08:43 PM
Is he that good? How come he couldn't hold his job at center? Didn't it seem he was always in the coaches dawg house? I dont know and am asking:fishfry:

Ickybaluky
03-01-2004, 08:59 PM
He struggled with the shotgun snap.

In 2000, he was the C and the team scrapped the shotgun because he was having such a hard time snapping.

In 2001, he remained at C, but in shotgun formation the team would flip-flop him and OG Mike Compton (who they had signed in the offseason and whom playing C for the Lions). In regular formations, Woody stayed at C.

That continued until this past season, when the injury to Compton and emergence of rookie Dan Koppen had the Pats permanently moving him to OG.

As for talent, he is big and athletic. He has a reputation for gaining weight in the offseason, but that isn't a criticism of his work ethic. He works hard and has played at a high level. Rare combination of size and athleticism, it allows him to play very sturdy up front protecting the passer (said to have very good hand-punch technique to neutralize initial rush of DT) but still pull out quickly on sweeps and screens to lead block (one of the best in the NFL at that).

The coaching staff may have been a little perturbed with his penchant for showing up for camp heavy and failing the conditioning run (Antowain Smith did the same thing each season), and fined him for doing so. However, they like him enough as a player to start him every game he was healthy. Thus, once he worked of the extra few pounds he put on in the offseason he was a very good interior lineman.

In short, yeah, he is a real good player.

elltrain22
03-01-2004, 11:11 PM
Woody, then Chris Bober, and then is that it for our projected moves at oline??

If we sign both, how will our o line, lineup next year.

clumping platelets
03-02-2004, 12:19 AM
There is nothing wrong with the Bills working on a proposal to a potential FA as long as they do not contact that player or his agent prior to FA period.

BIGDAWG
03-02-2004, 07:03 AM
Thanks NE39-great synopsis.

madness
03-02-2004, 07:04 AM
Thanks for info NE39!

pats-were-right
03-02-2004, 08:44 AM
Woody's "good" - he's a border-line pro bowler. So is Lawyer Milloy. Are the Bills going to overpay for Woody too? I won't even mention the "other former Patriot" the Bills overpayed for as he is no longer close to pro bowl caliber.

Bulldog
03-02-2004, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by pats-were-right
Woody's "good" - he's a border-line pro bowler. So is Lawyer Milloy. Are the Bills going to overpay for Woody too? I won't even mention the "other former Patriot" the Bills overpayed for as he is no longer close to pro bowl caliber.

I don't think that you can state that the Bills overpaid for Milloy based on one seasons performence. Give the guy at least an offseason to become confortable with the defense and then make your judgements. No argument here with the Bledsoe comment.

Tatonka
03-02-2004, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by pats-were-right

woody just finished his rookie contract.. he will only get better.. and is still young..