PDA

View Full Version : Teague is the guy to watch

Dozerdog
03-01-2004, 08:32 PM
I think the most important guy on our line becomes Trey Teague. He's not the most talented, or the best. But I beleive our success on the O-Line depends on this guy.

He was signed by TD in 2002 because he was versatile, - and was intended to be our Tackle (With TD at the time expecting to draft a QB-Harrington)- but TD knew if Harrington fell through, then Mike Williams would be the guy and that Teague could move to Guard or Center.

Now trhe Bills are again hurting for talent between the tackles. If TD finds a great Center in the draft or FA, Teague moves to Guard. If we Get a good guard in the draft (Carey) I see Teague remaining.

Teague is still here and hasn't been let go. That tells me he's here to stay. I think he'll be a good guard.

Tatonka
03-01-2004, 08:39 PM
i think he is definately a guy that could be cut in june if

a) we get some good deals on FA Olinemen like woody, bober, coleman, or the like

b) we have a stud fall to us in the draft in later rounds.. like grove, carey, snee, smiley, or peterman..

c) a guy like sobieski, tucker or sullivan really plays their tail off.

i think sullivan has more talent than most of the guys on the line.. other than williams and jennings.. there is no reason that with a good coach, he cant get his job back.

The Natrix
03-01-2004, 08:41 PM
Yeah I think he will be starting somewhere, but not center. He was good in Denver, so why did he suck this year? Since age shouldn't be much of a factor at this point, I think the move to center is what killed him.

I think he could be reborn at G, but what about T, and move Jennings to G? Just a thought.

Tatonka
03-01-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix
Yeah I think he will be starting somewhere, but not center. He was good in Denver, so why did he suck this year? Since age shouldn't be much of a factor at this point, I think the move to center is what killed him.

I think he could be reborn at G, but what about T, and move Jennings to G? Just a thought.

he was average at denver as a tackle.. they did offer him a contract.. but it was a smaller signing bonus.. so he went with us.. your right though.. he could be ok at guard.. versatility is never a bad thing.

and mcnally has already stated that he likes the tackles just like they are .. jennings and williams.. there is no way (imho) he changes those guys.. we have to keep SOME chemistry on the line.. if those gets get moved.. it will be like we are starting all over.

Dozerdog
03-01-2004, 08:45 PM

Whatever works. Moving Teague to guard means only 1 guy is adjusting to a new spot.

With a need for a QB, WR, CB- I can't see us getting 3 new faces in FA and the Draft. That would eat up to many resources.

helmetguy
Excellent take, Dozer. It reminds me of Bruce Matthews with the Oilers; versatile enough to adddress a need anywhere along the O-line.

(And, before the rest of the Zoners start busting my balls, that does NOT imply that I think Teague is as great as Matthews was.)

The_Philster

Well, we know snaps were a problem for him...maybe he wasn't that adept at line calls either. :idunno:

The Natrix
03-01-2004, 08:50 PM
Well if Teague is starting hopefully he is the weakest link.

Tatonka
03-01-2004, 08:51 PM
Well if Teague is starting hopefully he is the weakest link.

i could live with that.