View Full Version : Rueben Brown--

BIGDAWG
03-01-2004, 08:50 PM
Good move or bad move?

:bigwave:

The_Philster
03-01-2004, 08:56 PM
Bad move
We already had problems at C and at RG. Now we have one at LG. It could be tough to shore up 3 interior line positions at once. And the biggest thing about that is that Drew needs a strong interior O-line to step up into. The easiest way teams have been beating Drew is by giving him a lot of pressure up the middle. That job got much easier for them with this move. :down:
My only hope is that they re-insert Sullivan at RG, pick up Damien Woody or another solid C, and move Teague to LG and :pray: for the best.

BillsFever
03-01-2004, 09:01 PM
I don't care either way. Rueben is way past his prime, and gives nowhere the production anymore for his salary.

Sure there could be worse. Not every football decision is based on what's the best for the upcomming season.

The time has to come to get rid of him sooner or later. He's not a big enough difference maker where he will make that much of a difference on our final record.

Yeah, we keep him this year but what about next year? We just have to worry about his salary cap hit anyway. Get rid of him this year and find his replacement and next year his huge salary is wiped off the books.

Keeping overpaid players past their prime is how you get into salary cap hell. When they are no longer worth the money you replace them. Simple as that.

Dozerdog
03-01-2004, 09:04 PM
I'd like to know what the Bills offer was. If it was a cut of 50-75%, then Brown probably did the right thing and refused. if We asked for a 25-30% cut and he refused, the Bills did the right thing.

helmetguy
03-01-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
I'd like to know what the Bills offer was. If it was a cut of 50-75%, then Brown probably did the right thing and refused. if We asked for a 25-30% cut and he refused, the Bills did the right thing.

Isn't there something in the CBA that limits the amount of the pay cut a player can take?

Devin
03-01-2004, 10:21 PM
Bad Move.