Clear All
  • LouGrant
    The Zone Editor
    • Jul 2002

Williams' leg injury worries Bills

By ALLEN WILSON
    News Sports Reporter
    10/14/2002

HOUSTON - The Buffalo Bills are keeping their fingers crossed that they haven't lost a very big piece of their offensive puzzle.
    Right tackle Mike Williams was carted off the field early in Sunday's game against the Houston Texans with a right hamstring injury.

Coach Gregg Williams called it a strained muscle, but won't know for sure until the rookie has a magnetic resonance imaging examination today.

If there is any good news here it's that Williams didn't suffer a knee injury. That certainly appeared to be the case when he was helped to the sideline, where he was in some pain as the Bills' medical staff worked on his leg.

"I know how bad it is," said Williams, who was on crutches, but still in good spirits, inside the locker room after the game. "I hurt it trying to bury somebody."

Williams suffered a hyperextended right knee during the third game of his senior season at the University of Texas, but he didn't miss a play. An MRI the following day revealed no ligament damage.

While it is uncertain if Williams' latest injury will mean time on the sideline, he remains optimistic.

"We'll have to see what it is," he said. "But I'll be back."

The fourth overall pick in April's draft, Williams has helped the Bills solidify an offensive line that was shaky at best last season.

...MORE...
    Get into the Zone
  • Ingtar33
    Dances With Buffaloes
    • Sep 2002

He did bury that guy... boy I miss him him already, he can be one heck of a monster out there
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• casdhf
      • Jul 2002

yeah man....he better play. We will definately need him against the fish
      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• BillsNYC
        Man of the People
        • Jul 2002

Williams' leg injury worries Bills

good!! cuz it worries me too!!!
        Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X