• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thailog80
    Im not a chick!
    • Apr 2003

This is outragious IMO

This is outragious. Does this mean they have to let Northcutt become a FA also and then give Cleveland compensation also?TO
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Thailog80; 03-02-2004, 07:11 AM.

"Let's Roll"
    Todd Beamer
    Flight 93
    9/11/01
  • BIGDAWG
    Anger Management Consultant
    • Feb 2004

Hey Thailog-good to see you over here...been great since I switched
    Ya gotta spike those Focker"

James

Comment

• Thailog80
      Im not a chick!
      • Apr 2003

I visit both sites.

"Let's Roll"
      Todd Beamer
      Flight 93
      9/11/01

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
        • May 2003

I don't know why more of you don't listen to me.[I]I will say that

Posted 2/27 "his appeal will overturn that mistake. He will become a free agent.[I]
        Last edited by TheGhostofJimKelly; 03-02-2004, 07:27 AM.

Comment

• Dozerdog
          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

The Union can go to hell-

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
            Legendary Zoner
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
            The Union can go to hell-

I remember when Angelo first took over the Bears, some FA left that entitled them to compensation, and the Bears forgot to check the compensation box on the form and got nothing.

It should be a two way street. If TO's agent f'ed up, too bad.

Comment

• don137
              • Jul 2002

I agree with EE. Why should the 49ers be rewarded and the other 31 teams be penalized by selecting one spot lower because TO's agent F'ed up

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                short bus extraordinaire
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart

I remember when Angelo first took over the Bears, some FA left that entitled them to compensation, and the Bears forgot to check the compensation box on the form and got nothing.

It should be a two way street. If TO's agent f'ed up, too bad.
                this may be a different situation though EE.i heard that the deadline was moved up 10 days and that TO and his agent were not notified by anybody.if that is the case,they have a legitimate beef.
                Originally posted by yordad
                Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• helmetguy
                  Touch the helmet for luck
                  • Sep 2002

I can see where the 'Niners would be entitled to some sort of compensation. It wasn't their screw up and, if the NFLPA wins its grievance, then the 'Niners are forced to fill a hole that they normally wouldn't have. That is, had Trouble Owens filed the paperwork on time, they could have begun to address the situation much earlier. Trouble basically screws them if he gets to walk anyway. He still carries a hefty salary, which kinda hamstrings the 'Niners but, considering how unhappy he is there, he should be required to stay there antyway. Make the jerk be accountable for his and his agent's own stupidity.
                  Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                  And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

BS. The Niners should've been prepared to fill that hole anyways. It's not like TO had ever kept it a secret that he wanted out. The paperwork was really just a formality. Yes the agent f'ed up and should've filed it, but the Niners should've known all along that there was going to be a hole to fill and should've started looking long ago.

Comment

• Bulldog
                      Top Dog
                      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by SABURZFAN

this may be a different situation though EE.i heard that the deadline was moved up 10 days and that TO and his agent were not notified by anybody.if that is the case,they have a legitimate beef.
                      For the amount of money these agents make, it is their job to know the exact date of the deadline. I agree with don137, why should the other 31 teams be penalized because TO's agent messed up.
                      I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• Bulldog
                        Top Dog
                        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by helmetguy
                        I can see where the 'Niners would be entitled to some sort of compensation. It wasn't their screw up and, if the NFLPA wins its grievance, then the 'Niners are forced to fill a hole that they normally wouldn't have. That is, had Trouble Owens filed the paperwork on time, they could have begun to address the situation much earlier. Trouble basically screws them if he gets to walk anyway. He still carries a hefty salary, which kinda hamstrings the 'Niners but, considering how unhappy he is there, he should be required to stay there antyway. Make the jerk be accountable for his and his agent's own stupidity.
                        Why should the 49ers be entitled to any compensation? Had the paperwork been filed on time, TO would have been a free agent and the 49ers wouldn't have gotten anything in return anyway. And the comment about his "heafty salary" hamstringing the 49ers is not accurate either. If TO voids the final three years of the contract, the 49ers will owe TO nothing and he will not count a dime towards their salary cap.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                          short bus extraordinaire
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bulldog

For the amount of money these agents make, it is their job to know the exact date of the deadline. I agree with don137, why should the other 31 teams be penalized because TO's agent messed up.
                          owens claims that his agent WASN'T informed about the date being moved up.if that is the case,why should san francisco be compensated for anything?

Terrell Owens believes the NFL and the San Francisco 49ers are responsible for his contract predicament -- not his agent.
                          Originally posted by yordad
                          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• don137
                            • Jul 2002

owens claims that his agent WASN'T informed about the date being moved up.if that is the case,why should san francisco be compensated for anything?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1746250
                            It's not like TO hid the fact that he was going to void the remaining years on the contract and be a FA. To try and get the #33 overall pick is ludicrous. Maybe give them an extra pick at the end of round 3 but no way the #33 overall...

Comment

• Bulldog
                              Top Dog
                              • Jan 2003

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1746250
                              If you are an agent and your client is going to be one of the most sought after FA on the market, shouldn't you do the necessary homework and research to ensure your client that opportunity? I am pretty sure the fact that the deadline was moved up ten days was clearly stated in the corresponding paperwork.

Comment

Working...
                              X