PDA

View Full Version : ALRIGHT WTF!!!! Clump how is this possible if it happens?

nolimit
03-02-2004, 01:28 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

It says the Skins are prepare4d to offer Kearse a contract with a 20 million dollar signing bonus! How the frick do they keep on doing this?

Please Clump or Ebenezertell us how this is possible? It is really poing me off.

The Spaz
03-02-2004, 01:28 PM
**** that site, the morons!

nolimit
03-02-2004, 01:32 PM
I went over to thehogs site and their local stations are saying its a doen deal and the signing is imminent. So its not just the crapp profootballtalk that is saying this. I just want to know how they keep doing this and will they ever pay for this?

The Spaz
03-02-2004, 01:33 PM
How can it be a done deal though, free agency hasn't started yet?!:confused:

nolimit
03-02-2004, 01:36 PM
http://www.titansonline.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=8;t=15948

titans fans are saying its a done deal as well. Has Snyder sold his soul to the devil?

nolimit
03-02-2004, 01:37 PM
Honestly screw the damn skins! I can't wait to watch this team flounder yet again!

The Spaz
03-02-2004, 01:38 PM
I hope tampering charges occur!:evil:

Novacane
03-02-2004, 01:40 PM
They will pay the piper down the road and they still probably won't even win this year.

Novacane
03-02-2004, 01:42 PM
Kearse has really not done much since his rookie year. It will be funny when he's hurt again this year. It is fine to spend it you have it buy Snyder does not spend wisely.

ryjam282
03-02-2004, 01:47 PM
I hope so too. This is getting ridiculous. Don't they have the same cap as everyone else. Do they pay there players in PESO'S?

HAMMER
03-02-2004, 01:48 PM
I agree with fairway, the guy was a monster early, when he was healthy. He has been just above average since he started piling up the injuries and has missed a lot of time. No thanks! Snyder still hasn't learned that teams with chemistry win championships, not big free agents.

Novacane
03-02-2004, 01:49 PM
I can't understand why all this is done before FA even starts. Doesn't anyone play by the rules anymore?

Novacane
03-02-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by HAMMER
Snyder still hasn't learned that teams with chemistry win championships, not big free agents.

And he never will. He thinks he's playing fantasy football. When watching Skins games I love it when they show him up in the box all pissed off. All that money spent and he gets nothing out of it.

nolimit
03-02-2004, 01:55 PM
not to mention the skins have to pay a top 5 draft choice top dollar! How are they gunna afford that under the cap! I'm just really confused about all this.

Ickybaluky
03-02-2004, 02:15 PM
It really isn't that hard. The 'skins are backloading contracts and restructuring deals to create cap room in the present, at the expense of the future. The cap is much more flexible than you think, and it takes a lot longer than a year or two to get into cap hell.

The 'skins are about $11M under, prior to the deal for Portis (which will actually clear room). They will sign guys to backloaded deals, and be fine for this year.

They actually have enough wiggle room to do this for another year, but in 2006 they are going to have to cut all their players and start over, like Baltimore and Dallas did a couple years ago. They will charge all that bonus money off in a year or two, have a bunch of minimum-salary guys and suck out loud.

Then Snyder can start his spending cycle all over again, for all the good it does him.

Dozerdog
03-02-2004, 02:19 PM
The only thing the Skins do diferent is outlay a crapload of bonus up front. That's cash now for cap hit later.

These players won't see the end of the contracts (which are backloaded)

Tatonka
03-02-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
Kearse has really not done much since his rookie year. It will be funny when he's hurt again this year. It is fine to spend it you have it buy Snyder does not spend wisely.

Originally posted by HAMMER
I agree with fairway, the guy was a monster early, when he was healthy. He has been just above average since he started piling up the injuries and has missed a lot of time. No thanks! Snyder still hasn't learned that teams with chemistry win championships, not big free agents.

guys.. kearse had an ankle injury 2 years ago that carried into this year.. then he went on to do more damage (9.5 sacks) then most DEs in the league did in an entire season, in less time.

he is still a dominant player. we would be so lucky to have him.

nolimit
03-02-2004, 02:37 PM
maybe I'm so pissed about this because I wanted him. TD is just not going to compete with a 20 million signing bonus.

Novacane
03-02-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

he is still a dominant player. we would be so lucky to have him.

Not at that price.

Novacane
03-02-2004, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by nolimit
. TD is just not going to compete with a 20 million signing bonus.

Ralph would drop dead of a heart attack if TD asked him for that kind of signing bonus money

Tatonka
03-02-2004, 02:42 PM
Not at that price.

that i can agree with.

Mr. Miyagi
03-02-2004, 02:59 PM
I just thank the lord each day that Synder doesn't own the Patriots or the Dolphins. :pray:

The_Philster
03-02-2004, 03:29 PM
I can't understand why all this is done before FA even starts. Doesn't anyone play by the rules anymore?

I've been wondering that as well. :idunno:
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
I just thank the lord each day that Synder doesn't own the Patriots or the Dolphins. :pray:
In a couple of years, we'll be wishing he did own those teams....cause the Skins will be in cap hell soon at this rate. :snicker:

Halbert
03-02-2004, 03:31 PM
You've starting praying to LOG?

Novacane
03-02-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

Why not? What have his teams ever won? The Pats have two SB titles with average signings while he does not even make the playoffs signing all the big names.

Earthquake Enyart
03-02-2004, 03:50 PM
I can hear Arrington now. :wail:

We do have the solice that we played them last year, thus won't have to play them again until 2006.

Also, they are coached by GW. :snicker:

Throne Logic
03-02-2004, 04:01 PM
When they actually start to win consistently I might care.

They are an NFC team that will have nothing to do with Buffalo or the AFC East for the next couple seasons unless they make it to the Superbowl, which, based on their track record, is unlikely.

The only chance they've really got is with Joe Gibbs. Can he pull to together that many multi-million dollar egos?

TigerJ
03-02-2004, 04:53 PM
When fan sites say "done deal" it's just fan talk. If Washington is talking behind closed doors about offering so and so a deal with a big bonus, and someone leaks it somewhere, it would be pretty tough to prove tampering. If he signs at the stroke of midnight the NFL might want to take a look at his agent's phone bill (and Washington's) but I wouldn't expect any huge revelation.

I don't want Kearse for the kind of bucks he commands because of the injury risk. If it wasn't Washington, it would be someone else. If he stays healthy Washington can avoid disaster for a while and maybe start winning, but if Kearse has a career ender, they're toast.

NE39 is right; Washington can stave off cap h*** for a while, but it will catch up to them eventually. They'll have to do what Buffalo did three years ago or worse, and then Snyder starts all over again. It takes a lot more skill to build a team the way New England has, but when you do it that way you never have to deal with the total collapse that Washington is going to have. I think that's what Tom Donahoe wants to do. Only time will tell if he is successful.

mypoorfriendme
03-02-2004, 05:06 PM
the redskins dont realize that football isnt like baseball and basketball where you can fill your roster with big names and it will actually translate into wins. IF they do get kearse, they still wont make playoffs. remember "the best linebacking corpse ever" from a couple years ago? nothing happened. last year they brought in all those jets...nothing happened. kearse + portis - bailey....nothing will happen

helmetguy
03-02-2004, 05:27 PM
Actually, if a guy is an unrestricted free agent, and his present team doesn't intend to offer him a contract, the team basically gives him permission to shop himself around. It's only tampering if the guy shops himself without permission from the team, or if other teams approach him without the consent of his present team.

P.S. It's not a done deal until the contract is signed, although they can work out the details in advance. They just can't sign it until 12:01 am March 3rd.

BADTHINGSMAN
03-02-2004, 10:41 PM
Didnt the Skins sign Phillip Daniels the other day??

The Spaz
03-02-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by silent_one
Didnt the Skins sign Phillip Daniels the other day??

Yep they signed Phillip Daniels today.

elltrain22
03-02-2004, 11:02 PM
Honestly, has Kearse even done anything at all for the Titans ever since his rookie year?? After all that hype, and after they lableled him "the freak" i really think he hasn't done jack except get hurt, and complain about gettin' paid.

Bert102176
03-03-2004, 01:53 AM
Fairway what are rules, lol

kardshark19
03-03-2004, 02:43 AM
According to all the sports reporters around here, Washington is fully aware that their team will be totally dismantled after a couple years. They have 2 good years with a team of great players, and hope to bring (or buy) success, for those 2 years.

Joe Gibbs is already 63, and said he doesn't want to coach more than a couple years, so they brought him in, and give him a great team, to bring a championship to DC.

And Snyder doesn't mind paying huge signing bonuses, because the Skins franchise makes so much money. They could go 0-16 3 years in a row, and still make tons more money than the Bills make. Thats the lucky fact of being in a huge metro area. I am sure Snyder is hearing all the comments, even from his own advisors, but I also think he is having fun, and making money. Lucky bastard!

BigZ
03-03-2004, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by kardshark19
According to all the sports reporters around here, Washington is fully aware that their team will be totally dismantled after a couple years. They have 2 good years with a team of great players, and hope to bring (or buy) success, for those 2 years.

Joe Gibbs is already 63, and said he doesn't want to coach more than a couple years, so they brought him in, and give him a great team, to bring a championship to DC.

And Snyder doesn't mind paying huge signing bonuses, because the Skins franchise makes so much money. They could go 0-16 3 years in a row, and still make tons more money than the Bills make. Thats the lucky fact of being in a huge metro area. I am sure Snyder is hearing all the comments, even from his own advisors, but I also think he is having fun, and making money. Lucky bastard!

Yea, that strategy has really worked in hockey for the Rangers!

kardshark19
03-03-2004, 05:00 AM
Shoot...they should know that all Washington teams are doomed for failure, and will never be great again.

clumping platelets
03-03-2004, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by NE39
It really isn't that hard. The 'skins are backloading contracts and restructuring deals to create cap room in the present, at the expense of the future. The cap is much more flexible than you think, and it takes a lot longer than a year or two to get into cap hell.

The 'skins are about $11M under, prior to the deal for Portis (which will actually clear room). They will sign guys to backloaded deals, and be fine for this year.

They actually have enough wiggle room to do this for another year, but in 2006 they are going to have to cut all their players and start over, like Baltimore and Dallas did a couple years ago. They will charge all that bonus money off in a year or two, have a bunch of minimum-salary guys and suck out loud.

Then Snyder can start his spending cycle all over again, for all the good it does him.

Took the words right outta my mouth :gag: