PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins could possibly lose DE Adewale Ogunleye

Michael82
03-02-2004, 03:40 PM
Field interested in 'Phins RFA DE getting crowded...Updating an earlier story in which we reported that Philadelphia has made little secret that they could be interested in taking a run at signing Miami restricted free agent DE Adewale Ogunleye in the next few weeks, the Eagles may have some competition if they do indeed intend to pursue Oguleye as Seattle may also be very interested. As a restricted agent, the Dolphins could match any offer Oguleye receives and retain his services, however, the Dolphins have had to struggle just to get under the cap prior to today's deadline and may have trouble matching a big offer sheet from another team. The Dolphins, though, would receive first and third round picks as compensation were they to lose Oguleye.

http://www.gbnreport.com/

Novacane
03-02-2004, 03:56 PM
The must be a way because the Sunsentinal is reporting they are going to make him a huge offer.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-marvez02mar02,0,320045.column?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

Michael82
03-02-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
The must be a way because the Sunsentinal is reporting they are going to make him a huge offer.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-marvez02mar02,0,320045.column?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

I bet they'd restructure some more players and cut someone else. But Woody wants to be a Bill! **** the Dolphins! :mad:

Novacane
03-02-2004, 04:04 PM
With all the cuts they made and re-structuring Taylors and a couple other contracts they have the cap room now. I bet he signs with the fins. Sorry to rain on the parade Mikey.

Disgustipatex
03-02-2004, 04:12 PM
How can you know so absolutely little about your division rival?

The Dolphins are reported to be almost 10 million under the cap at this point. Sam Madison and Jay Fiedlers restructures have not been done, either.

And why would Woody sign with the Bills if the Dolphins want him?

The Spaz
03-02-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Disgustipatex

The Dolphins are reported to be almost 10 million under the cap at this point. Sam Madison and Jay Fiedlers restructures have not been done, either.

Why would Takeo Spikes sign with the Bills if the Dolphins wanted him?!:snicker:

Tatonka
03-02-2004, 04:15 PM
the fins are in almost the identical cap position as we are.. i dont know what the hell everyone is talking about all this cap hell for.

Novacane
03-02-2004, 04:15 PM

er........................maybe they would offer him more.

Disgustipatex
03-02-2004, 04:26 PM
The Dolphins didnt even make close to a serious push for Spikes, that's why.

Miami has a Woody for Woody, and will reportedly offer him big money, and make him their FA prize of the offseason.

Remember..No state tax, a good team, and it's not Buffalo!

mchurchfie
03-02-2004, 04:59 PM
Maybe you should resign Nails....he's a real prize:snicker:

Disgustipatex
03-02-2004, 05:45 PM
When Nails was healthy, he was probabaly a better deal then any of your linemen.

When's the last time you saw a Bills O-linemen put 3 defenders on the floor while pulling. I'm sure Mike Williams has never.

ScottLawrence
03-02-2004, 05:51 PM
I wouldn't say the Dolphins are a "good" team.

Your Dolphins will decline as the seasons go on.

mchurchfie
03-02-2004, 05:56 PM
When Nails was healthy, he was probabaly a better deal then any of your linemen.

When's the last time you saw a Bills O-linemen put 3 defenders on the floor while pulling. I'm sure Mike Williams has never.

Will, I guess everyone has their one moment in the sun.....I wish I had a dollar for everytime we heard about that infamous block by Cheesburg Nails.:rolleyes: I'll take Mike Williams over that lardass any day.:snicker: Why didn't you guys resign him then if he was such a prolific blocker??:idunno:

Disgustipatex
03-02-2004, 06:20 PM
Decline like what? Certainly not worse then coming out of the starting gate with 2 wins, getting stomped by divisional rivals, then sucking the other 14 games?

Nails probabaly wont be resigned because he isnt playing like he was pre-injury.

Ickybaluky
03-02-2004, 06:23 PM
It is being reported that the Dolphins are preparing an offer with a huge signing bonus that would make Damien Woody the highest paid interior lineman in the NFL if he accepts it.

DraftBoy
03-02-2004, 06:26 PM
That sounds fine to me b.c I dont wanna be paying him that kind of money

Ickybaluky
03-02-2004, 06:47 PM
Here is the link:

don137
03-02-2004, 07:12 PM

How can someone know so little about his own team. The Miami Herald reported that Fielder re-did Fielder's contract...Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...

http://www.ffmastermind.com/bits/hot.shtml
The Miami Herald reports the Dolphins have come to terms with QB Jay Fiedler on a restructured contract. The moves on Fiedler and DE Jason Taylor, new extension, were the most significant, clearing more than $5 million in cap room. Fiedler received $800,000 guaranteed, reduced his base salary to $2.9 million and deferred a $2 million option bonus that was due in April to 2005. Fiedler's return gave the Dolphins at least one experienced quarterback going into next season. QB A.J. Feeley, whose trade from the Eagles is expected to be finalized Wednesday, has only five career starts.

RUDEbyallMEANS
03-02-2004, 07:27 PM
DE's David Bowens and Otis Grigsby will replace Adewale Ogunleye just fine. Gigsby is very well liked by the Miami coaches and is said to be the DE to watch in training camp.

David Bowens had Ogunleye sitting on the bench when he was healthy. Overall, the Miami DE situation is very solid. JAson Taylor, David Bowens, Otis Grigsby and Jay Williams fill those 2 roles nicely..

SABURZFAN
03-02-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green

there's a reliable source.:rolleyes:

Marino13Phins
03-03-2004, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by ScottLawrence
I wouldn't say the Dolphins are a "good" team.

Your Dolphins will decline as the seasons go on.

Atleast we haven't been declining since your last superbowl run and still haven't recovered or come close to it.

SABURZFAN
03-03-2004, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Williams34Phins

Atleast we haven't been declining since your last superbowl run and still haven't recovered or come close to it.

yeah...you just haven't made the playoffs since acquiring r.williams and he was supposed to be the missing piece to YOUR Super Bowl run.:rolleyes:

Michael82
03-03-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
DE's David Bowens and Otis Grigsby will replace Adewale Ogunleye just fine. Gigsby is very well liked by the Miami coaches and is said to be the DE to watch in training camp.

David Bowens had Ogunleye sitting on the bench when he was healthy. Overall, the Miami DE situation is very solid. JAson Taylor, David Bowens, Otis Grigsby and Jay Williams fill those 2 roles nicely..

There's one player that i was pissed at TD for cutting. Why would you trade for a good DE like Bowens and then release before the season? :shakeno: :mad:

Marino13Phins
03-03-2004, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN

yeah...you just haven't made the playoffs since acquiring r.williams and he was supposed to be the missing piece to YOUR Super Bowl run.:rolleyes:

No a real qb is.

realmendontwearteal
03-03-2004, 01:02 PM

No a real qb is.

no.....defense wins championships.....its a proven fact.....aj feely a top qb in this leauge....thats pathetic......hes an oaf

ScottLawrence
03-03-2004, 01:25 PM

No a real qb is.

AJ Feeley is your missing piece?:snicker:

realmendontwearteal
03-03-2004, 01:29 PM
fins aj feely will get hurt as soon as he gets hit ...hes an oaf and oaf qb s fit perfectly in dolphin jerseys