Buffalo gets extra 7th round pick for Olandis Gary...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

Buffalo gets extra 7th round pick for Olandis Gary...

According to the Lions official website, Buffalo will receive the 6th pick in the 7th round as compensation for trading Olandis Gary last season:

This pick was conditional, and this is the first confirmation of what pick was surrendered.
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Oh well. I figured it would be a 6th or a 7th.

Comment

• Dozerdog
      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

7th round pick for a guy we were going to cut anyway

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Dozerdog
        7th round pick for a guy we were going to cut anyway
        Very true at least we got something!

Comment

• Romes
          • Jul 2002

I'll take it
          Originally posted by paladin warrior
          RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
            • Apr 2003

shoulda got a 6th.....come on donahoe, suck it up
            the dude abides

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
              shoulda got a 6th.....come on donahoe, suck it up
              What could have Donahoe done it's judged by the league?

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                short bus extraordinaire
                • Jul 2002

thanks for the info NE39.
                Originally posted by yordad
                Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• The Natrix
                  • Jul 2002

Thanks NE39.

You bring us more useful info than every dolphin fan this site has ever seen, combined.

Byrd.

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
                    • Apr 2003

from what i understood he was traded for the pick and the pick would be determined on his production and what not....the league decides??
                    the dude abides

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                      • Jul 2003

Basically, the Bills bought an extra pick for the bonus money they paid Gary, which was short money. A good deal for the team.

Who knows? That 7th round pick could be a stiff that does nothing, but it could also be a good player. It is another shot at a good player.

It is another shot to bring in a young, cheap player. How can that be criticized?

Comment

• juice
                        • Aug 2003

NE39.. do you expect Law to be back with the Pats next season?

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                          • Jul 2003

If I had to venture a guess, I would say they are unable to restructure him but keep him one more year. As unweildy as his cap number is, it is only $750K more than last year. Law is a valuable guy, and they have enough wiggle room in other contracts that they can carry him at his number. I don't think they will just release him unless they feel they can get a reasonable replacement, and I don't see that guy out there. A trade is possible, but doesn't seem likely given his contract situation.

That said, it would not surprise me if he is released or traded. After Milloy, I'd believe anyone who they said was cut (short of Brady or Seymour). Milloy was a team captain and leader who was to the 2001 Super Bowl defense what Brady was to the 2001 Super Bowl offense.

Even if the Law thing comes down to his leaving, it will probably happen later on and not tonight. I actually am surprised I haven't heard more about other Pats being released, before Law. They have been trying to work out contract issues with guys like Troy Brown, Roman Phifer and Willie McGinest. Those probably can get done, but if they hit an impasse those guys could be gone.

Comment

• juice
                            • Aug 2003

We'll take Troy Brown off your hands. Besides Ray Lewis, Law may have been the Defensive Back of the year.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                              • Jul 2003

Brown would be a great fit for any team, including the Patriots. The reason I included him was the same reason why Bobby Hamilton and Woody won't return: The Pats have younger, cheaper players at the position. That said, Brown's value might convince the Pats he is worth keeping.

Brown has had a few injuries the last couple years, but he is a playmaker. He has a knack for coming up with the big catch in clutch situations. He also is a very good punt returner.

I hope he stays, but with the reality of today's NFL and the ever-present salary cap, he might be a casualty.

David Patten could also be released for the same reasons, but as much as I like him he wouldn't be a huge loss.

Comment

Working...
                              X