• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Oh no, the Pats could get #6 overall pick

ALLEN PARK -- The Detroit Lions are headed south. They haven't packed their bags yet, but they're trying to set up the travel itinerary.

Trades involving draft picks aren't usually completed until the day of the NFL draft, but the Lions are already entertaining offers for their overall No. 6 choice.

The New England Patriots have been in contact with the Lions about acquiring Detroit's first pick for New England's two first-rounders (21st and 32nd overall) and another lower-round choice.

Who would they pick? Sean Taylor? Winslow?
  • SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

i'm guessing s.jackson-RB.
    Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

belichick has been quoted as saying that sean taylor is the best defender and best overall prospect in this entire draft.

i would puke if he moved up to get taylor.

no way he moves up to get jackson.. jackson or jones could easily fall... no one up top is really in dire need of a RB, except detriot.. and winslow will probably be gone by 6, but they have just used a first rounder on graham not long ago.. no way on winslow too.

if they move up.. it is for gallery or taylor.. thats it.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Dozerdog
        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Or Mike Williams or Fitzgerald. They need a gamebreaker at WR.

I bet that's why they are talking now instead of on draft day. Any one of the 4 mentioned could or would be there at #6, if Manning and Big Ben go in the top 5

Comment

• don137
          • Jul 2002

It would not surprise me to see NE move up if Taylor is available. I agree they do not move up to the #6 pick for a RB...I can't see Gallery dropping. He is the next Ogden or Boselli.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
            short bus extraordinaire
            • Jul 2002

i'm STILL guessing s.jackson-RB.
            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• baalworship
              • May 2003

I would bet it would be:

1. Sean Taylor (Belichick would LOVE his versatility and talent)

2.Mike Williams or Larry Fitzgerald

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

i guess they could go wr.. for one of the big two.. but i just see them with alot of good young wrs already.. who run their passing scheme well.. they just used a high pick on bethyl johnson last year.. and they also have a great young player in dieon branch.. i dont see them going wr.
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                  short bus extraordinaire
                  • Jul 2002

i forgot about mike williams.can i change my guess?

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                    i forgot about mike williams.can i change my guess?
                    only to another rb.

Comment

• elltrain22
                      • Sep 2003

I hate to say, but NE is such a well run organization. I wish our management could make as good as decisions as the Pats front office does.
                      If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• The Spaz
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by elltrain22
                        I hate to say, but NE is such a well run organization. I wish our management could make as good as decisions as the Pats front office does.
                        We do it's just we have had ass clowns as coaches!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                          short bus extraordinaire
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka

only to another rb.

Comment

• pats-were-right
                            Just paint a target on my forehead
                            • Dec 2003

I agree that #6 is too high for Jackson, Jones, or any of the other RB's in this draft. I'm hearing that there's a whole lot of "solid" guys at RB in the draft but no superstars.

If we end up that high I just hope they pick the best non QB / non TE player available.

Comment

• Billsouth
                              • Jul 2002

what if we traded up to number 6 and eli manning fell. i am not sure that he will be drafted in the top 3. apparently the raiders are happy with the current qb situation and more pressing needs and the chargers are not ready to give up on brees just yet. i suspect that either manning or ben will be available at 6 and i am also confident that rivers will be available at 13. the question then becomes do we draft him or trade down to acquire another second?

i am just thinking aloud but the situation with henson seems similar to the bledsoe trade. remember when everyone suspected that we would trade for him but then we could not work out the details with the patsies so they started talking with other teams only to realize that our offer was the best deal, by far which justified sending him to a divisional rival.
                              "once a raider always a raider"

Comment

Working...
                              X