• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

This mock draft got us trading up

This guy mocked it for us trading up to #7 with the Browns, and give them our #13 AND a second rounder, for Big Ben.

Um, I don't think so.
  • SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

i don't want us giving up any draft picks this year.
    Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

i hate the thought of giving up a draft pick in this draft.. pay more and give up a pick in next years draft.. there is no way it is gonna be this good.

also, would it really cost us a 2nd rounder to move from 13 to 7? wow. isnt there like a pick calculator like you use for fantasy football.. or wouldnt the same thing work?
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

oh.. and ps.. i dont want big ben at that price.. i am not all that high on him anyway.. i think that eli is the only sure thing in this draft.. and if i had to chose between having to move up and take ben or move down and take rivers.. or even take rivers at 13.. i take rivers 7 days a week and twice on sunday.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• TedMock
          • Jul 2002

I seriously think 13 is just a bad place to be. Part of me would rather have a 20-something pick in order to justify taking a QB who in most years is a 2nd rounder (I like Rivers quite a bit but let's be realistic as to where he is talent wise). I've seen River the last few years vs. Maryland and elsewhere and I like him but he is getting overhyped. I know it's not a given but still. Then this guy has us, trading up to take a MAC QB? I know, Leftwhich & Pennington, that's two and we have no idea as to how Leftwhich will turn out yet. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a seriously controversial trade for high picks and then a couple of trade downs. Let's face it, we are lacking in a few areas (FS, OL, DE) and those where we aren't the players are aging so depth is a must.

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

that draft is a pain to read.. it only shows 5-6 friggen picks on one page..

Comment

• SABURZFAN
              short bus extraordinaire
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
              that draft is a pain to read.. it only shows 5-6 friggen picks on one page..
              it's all Miyagi's fault.
              Originally posted by yordad
              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                it's all Miyagi's fault.
                i know.. that is why i felt it necessary to point it out to him.. to show his incompetence.

Comment

• Jeff1220
                  H to the 12:20
                  • Jul 2002

For those who just want the basics, the Bills draft according to this site:
                  1 - Big Ben QB MiamiU(OH)
                  2 - Vernon Carey OG UofMiami
                  3 - Kelly Butler OT Purdue
                  4 - Keary Colbert WR USC

Comment

• Aero II
                    RWS Grounds Keeper. Why won't my grass grow?
                    • Jul 2002

How did we draft Carey in the 2nd, if we gave that pick up for Big Ben?

Comment

• Jeff1220
                      H to the 12:20
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Aero II
                      How did we draft Carey in the 2nd, if we gave that pick up for Big Ben?
                      The trade note says that the Bills swap 1sts and give the Browns their 2005 2nd rounder, which actually makes sense. If TD is willing to trade a 2005 #2 for Henson, then why wouldn't he be open to trading it to move up for another potential franchise QB?

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                        it's all Miyagi's fault.

Comment

• venis2k1
                          Youboty can hope
                          • Jul 2002

big ben is the second coming of drew bledsoe, no thanks.

Comment

Working...
                          X