PDA

View Full Version : And it goes a little something like this.....

drummernut
03-03-2004, 10:09 AM
HIT IT!! :flex:

Jennings
Sullivan
Teague
Woody
Williams

Can you say.....DOWNRIGHT HORRIFYING :ebenezer:

Patrick76777
03-03-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by drummernut

For Drew maybe!

ArcticWildMan
03-03-2004, 10:11 AM
Teague has to go for the line to excel.

helmetguy
03-03-2004, 10:14 AM
HIT IT!! :flex:

Jennings
Sullivan
Teague
Woody
Williams

What? Did I miss something? Did they re-hire Pat Ruel to coach the O-line while we weren't looking?

NC-BILLS44
03-03-2004, 10:16 AM
IMHO, I think the line would look more like this:

Jennings
Woody
Teague
Sullivan
Williams

Didn't Sullivan play RG two years ago? I believe Woody moved to LG last year for the Pats.

Of course, other linemen could be brought in.

drummernut
03-03-2004, 10:20 AM
Eh well.....who cares because it goes like this also....

MCNALLY:duel:

Devin
03-03-2004, 11:06 AM
woody = all pro center?

WNYnut
03-03-2004, 11:13 AM
i don't think this line will go far with teague at center, they need a guy with some confidence who can take control and lead the group. you never know though, mcnally might not be a miracle worker, but he is a damn good coach.

DraftBoy
03-03-2004, 11:13 AM
Id like to see:

Jennings
Woody
Bober
Sullivan
Williams

To be perfectly honest...

The Spaz
03-03-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
Id like to see:

Jennings
Woody
Bober
Sullivan
Williams

I like it or we could get Grove and he could possibly start and if he faulters you have woody as insurance or teague if he isn't cut.

drummernut
03-03-2004, 11:22 AM
Keep in mind one thing about Teague (not that I'm defending the guy), physically he is just as big as Bober (and even bigger than Olin Kreutz who is a perennial pro-bowler from Chicago) and has unfortunately been the product of some AWFUL line coaches and schemes not designed to be advantageous to player strengths. (Not to mention having either inexperienced or turnstyle quality guards next to him who also are products of the same system. Trust me...I'd bet my life Mcnally's word weighs tremendously is front office decisions this offseason

Tatonka
03-03-2004, 11:25 AM
Id like to see:

Jennings
Woody
Bober
Sullivan
Williams

me too.

Keep in mind one thing about Teague (not that I'm defending the guy), physically he is just as big as Bober (and even bigger than Olin Kreutz who is a perennial pro-bowler from Chicago) and has unfortunately been the product of some AWFUL line coaches and schemes not designed to be advantageous to player strengths. (Not to mention having either inexperienced or turnstyle quality guards next to him who also are products of the same system. Trust me...I'd bet my life Mcnally's word weighs tremendously is front office decisions this offseason

good points.. no telling what coaching will do.

Michael82
03-03-2004, 12:23 PM
Id like to see:

Jennings
Woody
Bober
Sullivan
Williams

Me too! :drool:

SABURZFAN
03-03-2004, 12:26 PM
let's not forget that we have tucker in the wings too.he did a helluva job at the end of last season.

Ebenezer
03-03-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
Teague has to go for the line to excel.

Teague has to go for the line to become average.

Michael82
03-03-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
let's not forget that we have tucker in the wings too.he did a helluva job at the end of last season.

I agree! But he's better as a solid backup, kinda like Marcus Price. :D That's two solid Backups. :up:

venis2k1
03-03-2004, 12:46 PM
lets move mike williams inside to right gaurd and draft shawn andrews(who will be there at 13, but isnt really a reach) to play RT, and take the mammoth TE from arkansa, Jason Peters 336lbs with soft hands, in the second(with the release of moore TE becomes a need area).

I know Mike Williams at gaurd sounds funny, it makes me smile thinkin about a 380lb man pulling. but use your noggin people, it makes alot of sense, the big knock on mike is what? he has problems with speed rushers around the edge, this wouldnt be a problem at gaurd, also i would love to see all the dts in the nfl try their had at bull rushing a 380 lb monster. you can make an argument that he is getting paid way too much to play gaurd, and maybe your right, but ive always belived in putting the team in the best positon to win, no matter age, salary, or any other reason.

I said it last september, but ill say it again, we need to build drew bledsoe a "chariot of beef" to carry us into the future. assuming sullivan can win the starting job at LG, and Jonas stays where he is.

this is how our line would look

325----325----320----380----366----336
:bigmike::bigmike::bigmike::bigmike::bigmike::bigmike:

The Spaz
03-03-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by venis2k1
lets move mike williams inside to right gaurd and draft shawn andrews(who will be there at 13, but isnt really a reach) to play RT, and take the mammoth TE from arkansa, Jason Peters, in the second(with the release of moore TE becomes a need area).

I know Mike Williams at gaurd sounds funny, it makes me smile thinkin about a 380lb man pulling. but think about it, it makes alot of sense, the big knock on big mike is what? he has problems with speed rushers around the edge, this wouldnt be a problem at gaurd, also i would love to see all the dts in the nfl try their had at bull rushing a 380 lb monster. you can make an argument that he is getting paid way too much to play gaurd, and maybe your right, but ive always belived in putting the team in the best positon to win, no matter age, salary, or any other reason.

I said it last september, but ill say it again, we need to build drew bledsoe a "chariot of beef" to carry us into the future. assuming sullivan can win the starting job at LG, and Jonas stays where he is.

this is how our line would look

I love it!:up::beer:

The_Philster
03-03-2004, 03:38 PM
Id like to see:

Jennings
Woody
Bober
Sullivan
Williams

Originally posted by Tatonka
me too.

Originally posted by Mikey82
Me too! :drool:

Make that 4 of us...looks like a good line-up. :up:

Jeff1220
03-03-2004, 07:23 PM
How about this one:

Jennings
Vallarial
Woody
Sullivan
Williams

?

ScottLawrence
03-03-2004, 07:27 PM
No, it will look like this IMO.

Jennings
Sullivan
Groove(R)/ FA(Woody?Bobber?
Villariel(FA)
Williams

ArcticWildMan
03-03-2004, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by venis2k1

LMAO!!!! We need a smiley for this! :D

Michael82
03-04-2004, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Jeff1220
How about this one:

Jennings
Vallarial
Woody
Sullivan
Williams

?

Nope, you want Villarial to be the RG and work with Mike Williams to keep that side solid and open up big holes for Henry and McGahee. :D

Michael82
03-04-2004, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by ScottLawrence
No, it will look like this IMO.

Jennings
Sullivan
Groove(R)/ FA(Woody?Bobber?
Villariel(FA)
Williams

That's what I'm thinking! And it's VERY solid IMO! With McNally, it will be a helluva line! :drool: