PDA

View Full Version : Peter King on Ty Law

Tatonka
03-03-2004, 11:36 AM
QUOTE OF THE WEEK

"He deserves more respect for what he's done. The real issue is treating Ty right."--Carl Poston, the agent for disgruntled Patriots cornerback Ty Law, who was angered by the contract (a four-year extension worth $26 million) New England proposed last week, as quoted in Friday's Providence Journal.

Law, by the way, has been the highest paid defensive back in football over the past five years, earning $34 million in that time. He has made three Pro Bowls in the five years since signing a deal with an NFL-record $14.2 million signing bonus -- a bonus that, until Champ Bailey signs in Denver this week, has been unsurpassed by a DB or five years.

I love Law. He is an excellent player. But to say in any way that he hasn't been treated with respect is one of the silliest misuses of the English language I have ever heard.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/peter_king/03/01/mmqb/index.html

rofl...
:havefun:

Mr. Miyagi
03-03-2004, 11:46 AM
That greedy bastard.

But this is good, because if he does resign with the Pats, he'll break their bank.

If he doesn't, they just lost their premier DB.

:beer:

Devin
03-03-2004, 11:49 AM
haha a win win situation. Was hoping for him in the offseason, but I can absolutley say these Ty Law, Winfield types who put money above the game can find a home elsewhere.

greedy c***s

Devin
03-03-2004, 11:50 AM
He will be a Saint or a Seahawk next season if he doesnt resign.

NC-BILLS44
03-03-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

I love Law. He is an excellent player. But to say in any way that he hasn't been treated with respect is one of the silliest misuses of the English language I have ever heard.

Yes, a terrible use of the English language!!!!!:snicker2: