PDA

View Full Version : Big Ted Washington to Raiders

Thailog80
03-03-2004, 03:05 PM
TED (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1750079)

At least he's outta the division.

ryjam282
03-03-2004, 03:57 PM
Sounds good to me.

OpIv37
03-03-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Thailog80
TED (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1750079)

At least he's outta the division.

my thoughts exactly. At least NE is losing a few good players- they'll have to have a hell of an off-season to maintain their level of play next year.

HAMMER
03-03-2004, 06:02 PM
This is BIG news! Ted Washington is a huge reason why the Pats defense was so good, and a huge reason why the Bears defense was so good when he was there, and a huge reason the Bills defense was so good when he was here. The game is won in the trenches, no one fills the trench like Big Ted. He freed up the Pats LB's to make plays, interesting that their LB's looked so good this past season and so mediocre the year before. Interesting that Urlacher looked like one of the best in the league when Ted was standing in front of him but pretty mediocre without. You need two big hogs in the middle of the defense, oh yeah, funny how our defense jumped so nicely with Sam next to Big Pat. It is the surest way to have a great run stuffing defense.

The Pats job of repeating just became MUCH harder.

OpIv37
03-03-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by HAMMER
This is BIG news! Ted Washington is a huge reason why the Pats defense was so good, and a huge reason why the Bears defense was so good when he was there, and a huge reason the Bills defense was so good when he was here. The game is won in the trenches, no one fills the trench like Big Ted. He freed up the Pats LB's to make plays, interesting that their LB's looked so good this past season and so mediocre the year before. Interesting that Urlacher looked like one of the best in the league when Ted was standing in front of him but pretty mediocre without. You need two big hogs in the middle of the defense, oh yeah, funny how our defense jumped so nicely with Sam next to Big Pat. It is the surest way to have a great run stuffing defense.

The Pats job of repeating just became MUCH harder.

I hope you're right- I'm dying to see someone knock those a$$holes off their pedestal (as long as the Dolphins or Titans don't take their place).

Ickybaluky
03-03-2004, 06:31 PM
I agree it is a big loss, especially to the Pats ability to play a 3-4 look.

However, keep in mind the Pats actually allowed fewer rushing yards per game in the games Ted missed to injury, when they were forced to go with more of a 4-3 look. That doesn't mean they are better without him (he stuffs the middle like nobody else as a NT), but it isn't like they lost Brady or anything.

The Pats have a couple of good, young DL in Ty Warren and Jarvis Green who will play more this year. They also have a pretty good interior player in Richard Seymour. They definitely need to add depth, but they still will be good up front.

baalworship
03-03-2004, 06:37 PM
A HUGE loss for the Pats!!!

Doesn't get much bigger than Washington.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
03-03-2004, 08:09 PM
For the Tuck rule IT WAS A FUMBLE!!! :eeklol: NE D will have a big hole to fill now to stop the run. God I hate Brady!!!

SABURZFAN
03-04-2004, 01:45 AM
i don't think the Pats will miss him as much as some people think.