Prioleau and AVP next on the chopping block?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kardshark19
    I will splash the pot whenever the hell I want!
    • Aug 2002

Prioleau and AVP next on the chopping block?

kffl reports that FS Prioleau and QB AVP are in danger of being released to make more room to sign players.

Bills | Prioleau Could Be Released - from www.KFFL.com
    Wed, 3 Mar 2004 19:49:42 -0800

The Rochester Democrat and Chronicle reports Buffalo Bills FS Pierson Prioleau is among a candidate who is in danger of being released for salary cap relief.

Bills | Van Pelt Could Be Released - from www.KFFL.com
    Wed, 3 Mar 2004 19:49:24 -0800

The Rochester Democrat and Chronicle reports Buffalo Bills QB Alex Van Pelt is among a candidate who is in danger of being released for salary cap relief.
    If you don't like your job, you don't strike; you just go in every day and do it really half assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

"In the poker game of life, women are the rake. They are the f**kin' rake."
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

fine by me.

keep travis brown and grab a good rookie..

draft sean taylor
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

They could could they, wow!

Comment

• kardshark19
        • Aug 2002

Couldn't the Bills try and talk AVP into retiring and give him a coaching position. It's not like AVP will get picked up by another team, and at least he will have a job.

And doesn't Prioleau have more upside than Reese. Why don't we cut him instead?
        If you don't like your job, you don't strike; you just go in every day and do it really half assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

i would agree that reese should go first.
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The Natrix
            • Jul 2002

The Problem with Prioleau is he is better suited for SS. His coverage skills have not impressed me.

Although not much will be saved from cutting AVP, I would rather see QBs behind Bledsoe that could step in mid season if Drew stinks up the joint. AVP is a smart guy who is effective for a game or two, but any longer of a strech and D coordinators will have time to devise a plan to shut him down. Since one of Bledsoe's few good qualities is physical toughness, I don't really worry much about him going down. IMO, he is more likely to be on the bench for poor play than being hurt.

Byrd.

Comment

• kardshark19
              • Aug 2002

Originally posted by kardshark19
              Couldn't the Bills try and talk AVP into retiring and give him a coaching position. It's not like AVP will get picked up by another team, and at least he will have a job.

And doesn't Prioleau have more upside than Reese. Why don't we cut him instead?
              I figure if we went this route, we could avoid a cap hit altogether. Is this correct? Then we would both benefit. Everyone talks about how he is such a great guy, and an experienced QB, at least in regards to years in the league.

Comment

• The Natrix
                • Jul 2002

Has AVP ever expressed interest in coaching?

Byrd.

Comment

• kardshark19
                  • Aug 2002

Not that I know of, but I know if I was going to be fired from my job with no severence package, and they said I can do something else for good pay, at the same place, and not have to exert much physical energy, I'd do it.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                    short bus extraordinaire
                    • Jul 2002

that's bad news for Mikey if AVP gets cut.AVP will go back to work for Wegman's and Mikey will be out of a job.:snicker2:
                    Originally posted by yordad
                    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• kardshark19
                      • Aug 2002

Comment

Working...
                      X