PDA

View Full Version : Prioleau and AVP next on the chopping block?

kardshark19
03-03-2004, 10:44 PM
kffl reports that FS Prioleau and QB AVP are in danger of being released to make more room to sign players.

Bills | Prioleau Could Be Released - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 3 Mar 2004 19:49:42 -0800

The Rochester Democrat and Chronicle reports Buffalo Bills FS Pierson Prioleau is among a candidate who is in danger of being released for salary cap relief.

Bills | Van Pelt Could Be Released - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 3 Mar 2004 19:49:24 -0800

The Rochester Democrat and Chronicle reports Buffalo Bills QB Alex Van Pelt is among a candidate who is in danger of being released for salary cap relief.

Tatonka
03-03-2004, 10:45 PM
fine by me.

keep travis brown and grab a good rookie..

draft sean taylor :D

The Spaz
03-03-2004, 10:48 PM
They could could they, wow!:shakeno:

kardshark19
03-03-2004, 10:52 PM
Couldn't the Bills try and talk AVP into retiring and give him a coaching position. It's not like AVP will get picked up by another team, and at least he will have a job.

And doesn't Prioleau have more upside than Reese. Why don't we cut him instead?

Tatonka
03-03-2004, 10:57 PM
i would agree that reese should go first.

The Natrix
03-03-2004, 11:04 PM
The Problem with Prioleau is he is better suited for SS. His coverage skills have not impressed me.

Although not much will be saved from cutting AVP, I would rather see QBs behind Bledsoe that could step in mid season if Drew stinks up the joint. AVP is a smart guy who is effective for a game or two, but any longer of a strech and D coordinators will have time to devise a plan to shut him down. Since one of Bledsoe's few good qualities is physical toughness, I don't really worry much about him going down. IMO, he is more likely to be on the bench for poor play than being hurt.

kardshark19
03-03-2004, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by kardshark19
Couldn't the Bills try and talk AVP into retiring and give him a coaching position. It's not like AVP will get picked up by another team, and at least he will have a job.

And doesn't Prioleau have more upside than Reese. Why don't we cut him instead?

I figure if we went this route, we could avoid a cap hit altogether. Is this correct? Then we would both benefit. Everyone talks about how he is such a great guy, and an experienced QB, at least in regards to years in the league.

The Natrix
03-03-2004, 11:16 PM
Has AVP ever expressed interest in coaching?

kardshark19
03-03-2004, 11:19 PM
Not that I know of, but I know if I was going to be fired from my job with no severence package, and they said I can do something else for good pay, at the same place, and not have to exert much physical energy, I'd do it. :D

SABURZFAN
03-04-2004, 02:37 AM
that's bad news for Mikey if AVP gets cut.AVP will go back to work for Wegman's and Mikey will be out of a job.:snicker2:

kardshark19
03-04-2004, 02:42 AM
:rofl: