PDA

View Full Version : Lee Evans

kardshark19
03-04-2004, 02:41 AM
Wisconsin just had their pro day, and during Lee's workout, it said he ran pass routes for 45 minutes and not one ball touched the ground. That's pretty amazing, figuring he didn't run just curls and passes and cross patterns. He also impressed a lot of the scouts. I liked him a lot at Wisconsin, and am glad that his injury didn't hurt him too much.

Some of his interviews show that he is a very level-headed kid, and sounds mature beyond his age. If the Bills for some reason trade down in the draft, and still need a receiver, I still think he is one of the top 5 in the draft with the 3 Williams, and Fitz.

SeatownBillsFan21
03-04-2004, 02:57 AM
Agreed im very high on him

Bmax
03-04-2004, 06:40 AM
i have been high on him all year.. I think he has moved up to the top 20 .. move down won't be that far .....Speed kills ....4.33-40 avg 40 time 4.4.......I say trade down between 20 and 24 and draft the guy and pick up a extra pick...

Bmax

Tatonka
03-04-2004, 07:28 AM
we dont need a wr that bad.. but i do like this kid alot.

ryjam282
03-04-2004, 07:37 AM
Tatonka is with me on this one....Rivers in the first. If Evans is there in the 2nd, get him. If not, Jake Grove or Chris Snee or another OL...Possibly Ben Watson as well.

Tatonka
03-04-2004, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by ryjam282
Tatonka is with me on this one....Rivers in the first. If Evans is there in the 2nd, get him. If not, Jake Grove or Chris Snee or another OL...Possibly Ben Watson as well.

i would take Grove over evans in a heartbeat.. even in the second.. i like evans.. but WR is NOT a priority for the bills.. we are fine with moulds, reed, shaw as our starting three.. moulds will be healthy.. reed is gonna be a stud.. i still believe this.. and shaw is as good as any 3rd wr in the league.. he did fine last year.. better than expected really w/ over 700 yards..

so that leaves coleman, brown and aiken...

obviously.. aiken is not going anywhere.. we just used a 4th on him, and he was looking to get some playing time right before he got hurt..

coleman has done nothing to warrant getting cut.. has had flashes but no real opportunity..

that leaves brown.. i guess he is the guy you replace with a rookie.

DraftBoy
03-04-2004, 08:08 AM
I thin Brown showed alot more flashes last season then Coleman. You replace Clarence with the rookie. As for Evans over Grove I dont know yet, b.c if we sign Bober then I doubt we draft Grove b.c Bober isnt that old and will be around for a while. While I like Grove FA may fill the need we have.

Bmax
03-04-2004, 01:13 PM
news flash guys you don't draft a center in round 1...no matter the need ... round 2 or 3 but not one.......I think a point alot of you are missing is that this is one of the best wr drafts in years.

If you think that we won't draft a wr in round 1 .. remember we took willis last season when we had a proven star in travis henry.

So why won't we take a chance on a player like evans or clayton , woods or reggie williams. This is the strength of the draft.

Personally i would rather get a de or cb in round one ..with rivers be the only qb available that i would draft at 13...A trade down may give us losman in the teens and 20's..for an extra pick...

in rd 2 or 3......I think reed may be a player but shaw is just another billy brooks good for a couple of seasons then gone...

We need to think about our future with eric moulds in 2 or 3 years. ROUND 2 OR 3 WE BE THE PERFECT COMPRIMISE FOR MOST FANS..

In rd 2 possible picks could be wiliford from va tech, jenkins from ohio st, or henderson from lsu. rd three- colbert usc, or newsome oregon st........You still could get watson in rd 2 if we pick up an extra pick or peters or harstock from ohio st in rd 4 or 5....

The best available athletes will be picked .. I don't think tom donahoe will exclude wr when it comes to our picks in the 2004 draft.

Bmax