PDA

View Full Version : With The Chargers shopping the first pick

BidsJr
03-04-2004, 08:28 AM
If we gave up #13 this year, 1st and 3rd next year and a throw in pick either year. Who would go for that? I mean really, our O-line looks to make strides in FA this year, and will have the 4 million hit from RB next year to reinvest. We could go WR, or TE in the 2nd round this year and our skill positions would be set. And if we really wanted to recoup the picks next year, Henry or McGahee could do the trick.

I guess with TD, this is kind of far fetched but the more I think about it, the opportunity of getting the next Manning for the next 12 years is awfully appetizing.

Thoughts?

Mr. Miyagi
03-04-2004, 08:32 AM
Are you nuts? 1st this year, 1st and 3rd next year AND a later round pick this year?

I don't care if we could draft Joe Montana at his peak. I don't think so.

WNYnut
03-04-2004, 08:33 AM
giving up waayyy too much...not worth it at all!

BidsJr
03-04-2004, 08:38 AM
1st this year would be a wash for their pick, it wold actually be giving up an extra first and 3rd to get the pick.

Are you nuts?

You think they would take our first and a 3rd to move all the way up to #1? That is crazy.

We would only be giving up two picks in next years weaker draft (hopefully late first rounder at that) to get a QB for the next 10 years.

I think this would be a realistic price with the possibility to trade a RB next year to recoup them.

Maybe a better question. Would you trade Henry or McGahee next year to get Manning this year?

TedMock
03-04-2004, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by BidsJr
Maybe a better question. Would you trade Henry or McGahee next year to get Manning this year?

yes. After this season (barring injury) there won't be room for the both of them. Problem is that we won't have the upper hand in negotiating because the world will know that we just can't keep both happy. Stranger things have happened though...ie. Peerless Price. I'd assume we'd get a first rounder for Henry or a player and a first rounder in 2006. It all rides on whether or not McGahee comes back healthy. It's been over a year but it took Edgerrin James two to get back to normal and his injury wasn't as severe. If McGahee is healthy he's a game breaker. I wouldn't be totally surprised if we pull off some ballsy move this offseason that shocks a lot of people. Typical TD fashion 50% of the people will love the fact that he has balls and took a chance and 50% of the people will be absolutely pissed off at him. We'll see.

TedMock
03-04-2004, 08:52 AM
what about pulling it off and trading down twice?

BidsJr
03-04-2004, 08:56 AM
Seriously I don't think that price would be all that unreasonable.

Manning
TH or WM
Moulds/Reed/Shaw
Watson/Bruener/

Net cost? 3rd round pick?

BidsJr
03-04-2004, 08:57 AM
The Rivers and Henson talk would then prove to be another TD smokescreen.