PDA

View Full Version : Caps dump another one: Mikael Nylander to the Boston Bruins

Ð
03-04-2004, 08:56 AM
Bruins acquire Nylander from Capitals

TSN.ca Staff

3/4/2004

The Washington Capitals have traded centre Mikael Nylander to the Boston Bruins in exchange for a second-round pick in 2006, TSN has learned.

It's the second trade in as many days between the two teams. Boston picked up defenseman Sergei Gonchar on Wednesday for defenceman Shaone Morrison and a first and second round draft pick in the 2004 Entry Draft.

Nylander, an unrestricted free agent this summer, missed 63 games with a broken leg before returning to the Capitals lineup on February 27. He's expected to fill the role of No. 2 centre on the Bruins.

Last year, he scored 17 goals and 56 points in 71 games with the Capitals, including three goals and five points in six playoff games

Story (http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=74899)

The Spaz
03-04-2004, 08:57 AM
Man if if was a Capitals Season ticket holder I woudl ask for a refund immediately.

Ð
03-04-2004, 08:57 AM
Whoops, wrong forum.

Dozerdog
03-04-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Man if if was a Capitals Season ticket holder I woudl ask for a refund immediately.

If I were a Caps ticket holder- I'd see if they would redeem the ticket in Boston

Ð
03-04-2004, 08:59 AM
How many season ticket holders do they have ? Half a dozen ?

Valerie
03-04-2004, 09:11 AM
The Capitals do not have a large fan base down here at all. In fact, none of Washington's sports teams have any kind of draw except the damn Redskins! I've been saying this for a while now, with the Caps dumping ALL of their players, no one is going to come to the games at all anymore. They already suck and this is just making things worse, IMHO!

At last night's basketball game the place was half full. The only time the Wizards packed in the crowds was when Michael Jordan was playing. Now they're back to small crowds. And they want to get a baseball team?!?!?! lol

SABuffalo786
03-04-2004, 12:53 PM
Here comes the lockout. Man, these next two years are gonna suck. I hope this year's postseason is a memorable one.

SkateZilla
03-04-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Valerie
The Capitals do not have a large fan base down here at all. In fact, none of Washington's sports teams have any kind of draw except the damn Redskins! I've been saying this for a while now, with the Caps dumping ALL of their players, no one is going to come to the games at all anymore. They already suck and this is just making things worse, IMHO!

At last night's basketball game the place was half full. The only time the Wizards packed in the crowds was when Michael Jordan was playing. Now they're back to small crowds. And they want to get a baseball team?!?!?! lol

Haha That Sounds Familiar

Norfolk, VA Has A Minor League Baseball Team and An AHL Hockey Team [Norfolk Admirals], Average Attendance is about 2200 For the AHL Games, Max Capacity of the Arena is 10,200, The Only Sell Out Crowd That Arena Has Ever Seen is When the Admirals Were The Hampton Roads Admirals [ECHL],

and This Year Started Out Horrible Thanks tot he Bull**** Goaltending of Steve Passmore..... there was Rumor the Team Would close down or Move, then There was a Rumor the Owners Were Gonna Take the Team to U.H.L. {EWWWWWWWWWWWWW!}..

Then the Team Went Up For sale, Passmore was Called Back Up to The NHL (thank you Lord) and We Got our 1.85 GAA Goalie Back :), the Team Has Turned their Season Aroun with a 13-3-0-1 Tear. Form What I Was Told At the Same Time This Was Happening, the Team Owner Was ASking the City to Upgrade the Arena [Vending Areas, Score board, sound, lights etc] and the City Said No, Whats Funny is The O.D.U. Monarchs Used To Play at the Norfolk Scope Arena Too a couple years ago, and they asked the same question about upgrading the scope, and when the city said no they turned around and Built their own Friggin Arena, and this is the same City thats In Competition With Washington D.C. to Get a MLB Team.. lmao..

Oh And Some Canadian Guy Bought the Norfolk Admirals Last Friday, And He Has a Meeting with the City and the AHL Board Tonite and A Press Conference Tomarrow.

Ð
03-04-2004, 04:05 PM
Speaking of Norfolk ball clubs

Q: Why do people in Norfolk do their laundry in Tide this time of year ?

A: Because it's too cold out tide.