PDA

View Full Version : Revisited: Terrell Owens?

Mr. Miyagi
03-04-2004, 09:30 AM
Things are different now. TO isn't a free agent anymore, and SF is looking to trade him for only a 2nd or 3rd round pick this year.

Why the hell not???

ryjam282
03-04-2004, 09:31 AM
Yeah, he is still under contract for another 3 years. I say HELL YEAH...I was thinking getting a WR in the 2nd anyways, why not the best one in the league....

The Spaz
03-04-2004, 09:32 AM
He's still the same TO being a FA or not. So hell no.

Novacane
03-04-2004, 09:36 AM
I'm with spaz............no way!

helmetguy
03-04-2004, 09:38 AM
Not only no, but HELL NO!!!

lordofgun
03-04-2004, 09:50 AM
I'd do it in a heatbeat. But he's not going to be happy with his current contract.

The Spaz
03-04-2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun
I'd do it in a heatbeat. But he's not going to be happy with his current contract.

Exactly he's all about the money and himself. that's why I don't want him.

clumping platelets
03-04-2004, 10:00 AM
:shakeno:

NC-BILLS44
03-04-2004, 10:02 AM
I'm not a fan of TO, but for a 2nd rounder and if his contract is priced right. You have to consider the possibilities. Would it help TO that he and Eric are friends? Would his tune change, given a different environment.?
You have to consider it. He produces and wants to win. I like that in a player.

TD has to weigh the good and bad. Talent & production VS personality.

Mr. Miyagi
03-04-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Exactly he's all about the money and himself. that's why I don't want him.
Oh please. In the past few years we've been bringing "character guys", Bobby Shaw, Mike Williams, Drew, etc. Where did that get us? Yes we're going the right direction but we need someone to put us over the top. I feel like we're stuck in mediocrity/above-average but never reached the dominant level.

Bring in TO and his spice and attitude. With Moulds on one side and TO on the other, and have the OL fixed, teams will have to respect our pass and Travis will run down the gut all day.

I say do it for a 2nd rounder. If Philly chickens out of the 1st rounder deal, we'll have the edge in the sweepstake.

Devin
03-04-2004, 10:06 AM
Your also forgetting the MASSIVE contract he will command, as well as his personality. While I agree he is a great reciever im not even sure he and moulds can co-exist on the same team. Friends in the offseason is one thing, two #1 receivers is another.

While id love to see him here just not sure it would work.

The Spaz
03-04-2004, 10:07 AM
Yeah I woudl feel so much better seeing TO rip apart the coach and his teammates for not getting him the ball. **** TO and his ****ing attitude! :monkey:TO

Mr. Miyagi
03-04-2004, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Devin
Friends in the offseason is one thing, two #1 receivers is another.
Oh you mean like how it didn't work with Cris Carter and Randy Moss at their peak? Tim Brown and Jerry Rice? Ward and Burress? Holt and Bruce?

justasportsfan
03-04-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by NC-BILLS44
I'm not a fan of TO, but for a 2nd rounder and if his contract is priced right. You have to consider the possibilities. Would it help TO that he and Eric are friends? Would his tune change, given a different environment.?
You have to consider it. He produces and wants to win. I like that in a player.

TD has to weigh the good and bad. Talent & production VS personality.

Moulds-TO-Reed. (maybe EM can check TO every now and then)

Henry- Mcgahee

Hopefully McNally can put up an OL that keeps Drew from being under pressured(the worst qb under pressure but a great one given time).

If we can afford it, why not.

The Spaz
03-04-2004, 10:11 AM
You can win without big time personalities. Panthers, Patriots, Titans, Ravens and a few others.

Mr. Miyagi
03-04-2004, 10:12 AM
Yeah I woudl feel so much better seeing TO rip apart the coach and his teammates for not getting him the ball.
He has said before he just wanted to win. He said if the team was doing great winning he wouldn't care if he only got 1 catch for 5 yards. It's only when they're struggling and they still didn't throw to him, he got pissed. He feels like he's a playmaker, which he is, and can win for the team when it's struggling.

The Spaz
03-04-2004, 10:14 AM
Yeah he just ants to win and get paid and show that he is the team by doing holier than though endzone dances. I'm through with TO talk I don't want him.

Buffatexas
03-04-2004, 10:16 AM
I think the whole "me" thing is overrated. We sat through Bruce and Andre with their "me" and no one cared because they were producing and lets face it, we werent losing either. If we can pull in Owens for a 2nd rounder, then lets do it. I am unaware of his contract numbers and so forth but if it is feasible then why not?

Mr. Miyagi
03-04-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Buffatexas
I think the whole "me" thing is overrated. We sat through Bruce and Andre with their "me" and no one cared because they were producing and lets face it, we werent losing either. If we can pull in Owens for a 2nd rounder, then lets do it. I am unaware of his contract numbers and so forth but if it is feasible then why not?
:bf1:

The Spaz
03-04-2004, 10:18 AM
We can just quit it now with this TO I don't beleive would fit this type of offense.

Mr. Miyagi
03-04-2004, 10:21 AM
We can just quit it now with this TO I don't beleive would fit this type of offense.
Nonsense.

When we got two premiere guys going deep and teams don't have enough DBs to double cover both of them and Drew fires one deep for one of them to go up to make the grab, he'll fit right in.

Lefty2985
03-04-2004, 10:22 AM
I would love to see them give a a 2nd or 3rd for him. He brings speed which is needed and much more.

Mr. Miyagi
03-04-2004, 10:24 AM
And better yet, both EM and TO get double teamed and there's only 4 guys in the box, Travis/Willis pounds through the porous DL and breaks out a 75 yard run.

I think I'm getting a Woody (pun intended) just thinking about it. :naughty:

Devin
03-04-2004, 10:24 AM
truth be told id give a 2nd and 3rd for him, but i just dont know if we can afford him, hes gonna want 5-6mil + a year. That may even be conservative.

Tatonka
03-04-2004, 10:31 AM

i would take him for a 2nd round pick in a heartbeat but only IF he publicly stated that he would play for the 5, 5.5, and 6 million he is scheduled to make in the next 3 years.

Throne Logic
03-04-2004, 10:34 AM
Wow, am I torn. The mental whiplash is astounding.

POS: A 2nd round pick for TO would be amazing value. Restructure his contract to something that is both CAP and TO friendly (assuming that if such a thing is possible, TD can figure it out). If things don't work out this year, team chemistry-wise, trade TO and his long-term CAP friendly contract to someone for their 1st round pick in the 2005 draft.

POS: It would certainly confound defenses trying to defend Moulds, TO, Henry/WM all at the same time.

NEG: TO's attitude on the field is troublesome. We need someone with heart and spunk (like a Chris Spielman) but not someone with a Sharpie. I question how much of this was because of the big-spotlight environment of San Fran. Maybe quiet little Buffalo would temper his urges to scribe upon gameballs.

NEG: I really don't want to give Drew any more reasons to feel he needs to throw the ball.

So, what do I think, ultimately? The two positives would outweigh the negatives, assuming that a CAP & TO friendly contract is actually possible.

Tatonka
03-04-2004, 10:34 AM
i dont care what anyone says.. the possibilities the offense would have with henry, mcgahee, Campbell, Moulds, Owens, Reed, and shaw as a 4th.. they are limitless.. all it would depend on is if bledsoe could just not suck.. which seem improbable..

Michael82
03-04-2004, 10:40 AM
Just imagine how many times he will rip Bledsoe when he overthrows or underthrows him. :eek:

Or even worse, Bledsoe takes a sack...TO would go nuts and start screaming and yelling at Bledsoe, while Bledsoe just walks away. We don't need a attitude like TO here in Buffalo. :shakeno:

helmetguy
03-04-2004, 10:41 AM
Didn't we just spend a year *****ing about Josh Reed's case of the dropsies? I say we just say no to TO now, and save on a whole lot of "over-paid, over-rated, TD just went for the marquee name to sell tickets" bullcrap that is sure to follow TO.

Mr. Miyagi
03-04-2004, 10:50 AM
Mikey and helmet, are you guys saying TO wouldn't make our offense that much better? Is that it? I mean, what do you want out of rooting for the Bills? Harmony in the locker room? You just want everyone to get along but never win? Or do you just want a Championship?

I'm telling you, like Tatonka said, with Moulds, TO, Henry, McGahee, and some protection for Drew, there's no stopping this offense. No more 10-6 loss to Dallas, 17-7 loss to Miami, or 12-10 loss to Houston. The offense WILL light it up. As long as our D holds up like they did last season, we WIN.

Now what's not to like about that?

lordofgun
03-04-2004, 10:52 AM
Anyone who says they wouldn't be excited if the Bills traded for TO is either lying or stupid. :D

helmetguy
03-04-2004, 10:55 AM
Anyone who says they wouldn't be excited if the Bills traded for TO is either lying or stupid. :D

The answer here is "C, None of the above."

Mr. Miyagi
:hi5:

justasportsfan
Originally posted by Mikey82
Just imagine how many times he will rip Bledsoe when he overthrows or underthrows him. :eek:

Or even worse, Bledsoe takes a sack...TO would go nuts and start screaming and yelling at Bledsoe, while Bledsoe just walks away. We don't need a attitude like TO here in Buffalo. :shakeno: He won't be b*tching if the team were winning.

I doubt it will ever happen but it's a nice dream.

Mr. Miyagi
Originally posted by helmetguy
Incorrect. Option C is "Lying".

ryjam282
03-04-2004, 11:01 AM
Come on guys...He is under contract for 3 years at around 3 mil a year. I mean he could hold out at some point but why would he? He wants the big bucks so that means 3 more years of top notch playing to get that.

If we just had to give up a 2nd rounder to get him. Are you serious, we would have the top WR in football and the the other would be in the top 5 (moulds). With the upgrade of the OL we would be so unstoppable it wouldn't even be funny. Yeah he could be a problem in the locker room but we have so many good locker room guys that I know it wouldn't be a problem. TO = a title for us, without question...

STAMPY
03-04-2004, 11:13 AM

right on man!!!

Mr. Miyagi
03-04-2004, 12:35 PM
Dear Mr. Donahoe,

BRING IN T.O.!!!!!!!!!!

Michael82
03-04-2004, 12:45 PM
Okay, I guess it is wayy too tempting! I'd be willing to give Bobby Shaw and our 3rd rounder for Terrell Owens! He brings in great talent...SCARY! Plus, he brings in some attitude, which we lack. Bledsoe could use some of his attitude. :lol:

The_Philster
03-04-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy

I second that. The guy's a jerk...all about himself instead of the team...not Buffalo material. Bringing up Andre and BRUCE? We had Marv Levy keeping things under control....keeping the egos meshed. How do we know yet Mularkey can do that?
Originally posted by ryjam282
Come on guys...He is under contract for 3 years at around 3 mil a year. I mean he could hold out at some point but why would he? He wants the big bucks so that means 3 more years of top notch playing to get that.

If we just had to give up a 2nd rounder to get him. Are you serious, we would have the top WR in football and the the other would be in the top 5 (moulds). With the upgrade of the OL we would be so unstoppable it wouldn't even be funny. Yeah he could be a problem in the locker room but we have so many good locker room guys that I know it wouldn't be a problem. TO = a title for us, without question...
TO is only the top WR in the league in his own mind. Moulds is better as far as I'm concerned ...as well as scouts and players around the league according to a poll that Bills Digest published during the 2003 season.