X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Htown34s
    • Oct 2002

Texans fan saying thanks...(long)

Thanks for the good game. I also love the fan site. Its probably one of the best fan sites there is out there. I had to come in and say Hi after getting our fill of all the football ignorant jerks calling themselves Bills fans on our board the past week. I'm glad to see there are some smarter Bills fans over here than what was being represented over there.

The game went about as I thought it would. I knew we had a shot at a W this week. You can't overlook us, we are a legit team that is still putting it all together ever week. Our offense is coming along nicely especially when you consider half of our starters on O are rookies, and our top 2 O-linemen haven't played a snap all year. We're still on the 3 year plan and right on schedule. Extra draft picks this year again which should help fill some more holes. We have an awesome stadium and a great owner, and we're very happy people down here.

Bledsoe did an awesome job but Henry was the real surprise to me. Yall did an excellent job running to the outside to get away from our LB's. I thought we'd get a better running game going against yall, but our coaches are bringing rookie Jonathan Wells along slowly. Good draft this year picking up Reed and Williams. We need a WR like Reed on our team. Oh, and those other two WR's aren't bad either! You're D, well they need some help, but we aren't as bad offensively as the stats from the previous games say. Its not like we're the Bungles and will continue to play bad all year...

I can get over the dumbass Bills fans coming to our boards (mainly because I found this site!), but please help me find out who wrote this in the Buffalo News:

"Attendance Report: The Texans announced a record sellout crowd of 70,120. But there had to be at least 7,500 empty seats in the stadium. Why would anyone pull a no-show when the NFL's most exciting offense was in town? Maybe Texas simply isn't a football state."

Here is the link

What kind of irresponsible and ignorant reporting is that? The statement that Texas isn't a football state shows that guy has never been to any town in Texas on a friday night near a high school. He should also check the number of Texans in the NCAA right now in top programs around the country as well as the number on your beloved Bills team. What an idiot.
    Steve in Austin
    ><><><><><><

Great 34's in Houston:
    ~Campbell
    ~Olajuwon
    ~Ryan
    who's next?
  • Earthquake Enyart
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2002

That was probably Mark Weiler. He is a bonehead.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Thanks Htown...........Texans really put a scare on us and realistically, a couple of bad plays by former Bills LB Jay Foreman, probably played a huge role in our comeback.

Best wishes to the Texans and feel the 3 year plan is downright appropriate :)

Comment

• Cntrygal
        Visually stunning but camera-shy.
        • Jul 2002

Welcome Htown!! It was a great game.... too close for comfort though IMO. You guys definately can't be considered a "gimme" game.

As far as the comment about Texas not being a "football state", the guy doesn't have a clue. I lived in SW Okla for 6 years (about 20 min from Tx - so some of the Tx/Ok schools are in the same district) and everyone goes to the games. Even if you don't have kids playing! Definately a family event and lots of fun!!! It gets "crazier" the higher up the you go (college/pro)!

Anyway - Good luck with the rest of the season!! I hope you guys kill the convicts everytime you meet!!!!
        Originally posted by notacon
        The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• ExpansionBlues
          Formerly known as ExpansionBlues
          • Oct 2002

The club level has a state of the art fan viewing area. Most of the fans clammor around the bar in the club level and do not stay in their seats.

Frankly, looks like a packed house to me............
          Last edited by The Spin Rx; 10-14-2002, 10:51 PM.
          >>click here<< for 911 tribute

No matter how cynical you are, you can't keep up.

Comment

• lordofgun
            in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

Welcome HTown!

It looked packed to me. That writer either was being sarcastic, or doesn't know what he's talking about.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Fat Tony
              • Sep 2002

High school football games in Texas regularly out draw Major League Baseball in half of MLB's cities.

Comment

• BigDoug
                1-800-SAD-GOAT
                • Jul 2002

Don't listen to Tony. He's Waco

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Re: Texans fan saying thanks...(long)

Originally posted by Htown34s
                  Thanks for the good game. I also love the fan site. Its probably one of the best fan sites there is out there.
                  It's nice to know all my hard work didn't go unoticed. Thanks
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
                    Expert on Experts
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BigDoug
                    Don't listen to Tony. He's Waco

I get it. subtle and funny

Comment

• BigDoug
                      1-800-SAD-GOAT
                      • Jul 2002

Sometimes subtlety works. Other times, you just need to be Plano and simple.

Comment

• Sabre Ally
                        • Jul 2002

Comment

• Buffarama
                          Football-Sport of the Gods
                          • Jul 2002

Interesting that when I opened this post, I got a message saying something to the effect that some Texan page was requiring a cookie. Anyone else?

Comment

• BigDoug
                            1-800-SAD-GOAT
                            • Jul 2002

I did all for the nookie, c'mon
                            The nookie, c'mon
                            So you can take that cookie
                            and stick it up your..yeah!
                            Stick it up your..yeah!
                            Stick it up your

Comment

• TigerJ
                              • Jul 2002

Thanks for stopping by, Htown. Your Texans gave our Bills all they could handle.

In some ways I think your team is a little like the Bills last year. Coming through salary cap hell, they had to start almost from scratch. Solid veterans had to be sent packing all through the roster because of millions in dead cap dollars. We had new coaches, new offensive and defensive systems. It was in essence year one of our three year plan.

We are in year two now. We had to dump an incompetent offensive coordinator. Fortunately we were able to get Drew Bledsoe whose play has been a HUGE plus for us. Gilbride has been a perfect match for the team and Drew Bledsoe.

Still there were too many holes for us to fill in one year. The defense got short shrift last offseason and it shows now. We have to pick up a couple solid veteran free agents on defense next offseason. Eddie Robinson is marginal because of his age. Teams know we only have two good corners, so we're seeing all kinds of 3 WR sets. Our opponents simply look for the one who is not covered by Clements or Winfield. And, of course, we have one really good DT in Pat Williams on the line. Besides Pat we mostly have questions. Will Schobel keep developing? Does Ron Edwards have enough talent to succeed as a DT? How much more can we get out of Ahanotu? By the end of the season we should have most of the answers we need so Tom Donohoe can make the moves he needs to make. Most of those will have to come via free agency. We won't get that much help from the draft next April.
                              Last edited by TigerJ; 10-14-2002, 07:49 PM.
                              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X