PDA

View Full Version : Winfield a JET!

Tatonka
03-04-2004, 01:16 PM
just heard it on 910, sports radio update..

hope he keeps playing 10 yards off the receivers.

The Natrix
03-04-2004, 01:17 PM
I knew it, just had a gut feeling.

I hope they overpaid him, which wouldn't be much. He makes some great tackles on guys twice his size and bazookas Terry Glenn, and some think he is a great corner.

Michael82
03-04-2004, 01:18 PM
:doh:

Tatonka
03-04-2004, 01:18 PM
who cares..

SABURZFAN
03-04-2004, 01:19 PM
he will definitely help the Jets.

Tatonka
03-04-2004, 01:21 PM
not with INTS...

Michael82
03-04-2004, 01:23 PM
It's not official yet. WNSA said that they are still working on an agreement.

lordofgun
03-04-2004, 01:25 PM
He never wanted to be in Blo.

The Spaz
03-04-2004, 01:28 PM
**** him and his stone hands. Make a play you *****.:mad:

ArcticWildMan
03-04-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
He never wanted to be in Blo.

And being in NYC and sharing a stadium with the Giants is better how? :scratch:

The Spaz
03-04-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan

:100:

Jeff1220
03-04-2004, 01:30 PM
I have a feeling his INT totals will go up significantly (he'll be playing vs. Bledsoe twice a year) hehe.

Bulldog
03-04-2004, 01:33 PM
Should be fun to watch Moulds and Winfield paly against each other!

Jan Reimers
03-04-2004, 01:39 PM
The Jets can have him. I prefer CBs who can get an interception now and again.

Pride
03-04-2004, 02:00 PM
Sweet! Moulds should have a field day on him!

thenry20
03-04-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Pride

Don't be surprised if he doesn't.

Winfield was part of a backfield that played in top 3 defense (in 3 different years) during his tenure here.

I think we're gonna miss him just like we did when Ted Washington left. It's gonna be the same outcry!!!

Even then, I knew that was a mistake!

Jan Reimers
03-04-2004, 02:19 PM
Winfield will have a lot of tackles on Moulds - 20 or 30 yards downfield.

ScottLawrence
03-04-2004, 02:26 PM
Moulds- 6'3, Winfield 5'9.

No Worries.

STAMPY
03-04-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan

its even worse they play in new jersey trash city

Pride
03-04-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
Winfield will have a lot of tackles on Moulds - 20 or 30 yards downfield.

:rofl: Exactly what I was saying... Moulds may not break an 80 yarder, but he will catch about 40 passes on 15 yard outs

LtBillsFan66
03-04-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by thenry20
Don't be surprised if he doesn't.

Winfield was part of a backfield that played in top 3 defense (in 3 different years) during his tenure here.

I think we're gonna miss him just like we did when Ted Washington left. It's gonna be the same outcry!!!

Even then, I knew that was a mistake!

I agree.

You fools will see.

The Natrix
03-04-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone

You fools will see.

maybe we will see him trip over his own feet trying to cover Moulds.

LtBillsFan66
03-04-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix
maybe we will see him trip over his own feet trying to cover Moulds.

I hope so, since he's a Jet now.

I honestly don't understand what games some of you were watching. Winfield got beat a few times last season. That's it.

What is with this myth of him only getting tackles after a ball is completed on him!? THAT tells me some of you need glasses or something. A lot of his tackles were on run support.

Bottom line - I hate to see him go. But it's a Peerless Price situation in my book. He would be too expensive to keep. Vincent would fill in without skipping a beat. So, business is business.

Dozerdog
03-04-2004, 02:41 PM

I honestly don't understand what games some of you were watching. Winfield got beat a few times last season. That's it.

What is with this myth of him only getting tackles after a ball is completed on him!? THAT tells me some of you need glasses or something. A lot of his tackles were on run support.

Bottom line - I hate to see him go. But it's a Peerless Price situation in my book. He would be too expensive to keep. Vincent would fill in without skipping a beat. So, business is business.

I agree. :bf1:

NC-BILLS44
03-04-2004, 02:42 PM

Exactly!!!!!

LtBillsFan66
03-04-2004, 02:50 PM
Man I though I was alone in my thinking for a minute there!

Is the nature of Bills fans to either think a player is absolutely great or absolutely terrible- and no in-between?

No, Winfield wasn't the best corner in the league by any stretch, but COME ON!!!! He deserves some more respect than some of you give him.

Pride
03-04-2004, 03:01 PM

I completely disagree :down:

The guy plays good coverage, but he is ALWAYS out of position to make a play on the ball. He takes bad angles, and doesnt seem to be aware of the fact that a CB needs to have the same mental clock that a QB has to have to avoid the sack. After 3.5 seconds, turn and look for the ball, chances are it is in the air.

Too many times have a I seen replays of him trailing the WR down the sidelines

This is typical AWin
http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/gameday2002/week5-billsraiders/mdf122559.jpg

http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10003/billstitans040.jpg

http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10001/bills-dolphins-2-2003-17.jpg

fabolouspaul
03-04-2004, 03:04 PM

Shoot, Josh Reed would have a field day on him!!!

LtBillsFan66
03-04-2004, 03:33 PM
I completely disagree :down:

The guy plays good coverage, but he is ALWAYS out of position to make a play on the ball. He takes bad angles, and doesnt seem to be aware of the fact that a CB needs to have the same mental clock that a QB has to have to avoid the sack. After 3.5 seconds, turn and look for the ball, chances are it is in the air.

Too many times have a I seen replays of him trailing the WR down the sidelines

This is typical AWin
http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/gameday2002/week5-billsraiders/mdf122559.jpg

http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10003/billstitans040.jpg

http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10001/bills-dolphins-2-2003-17.jpg

LMAO!!!

Wow! Damning evidence!!!!!!! You can pull those same images for every single player.

I admit, and have said a million times, he's not a big "playmaker." I don't think it's being out of position, rather it's not taking big chances. He is NOT thrown at often - contrary to what you think. The one time I saw him gamble was against the Titans in PS - and that was the last of that. The only other time he got smoked was against KC. Other than that, he played solid all year.

But I'm not going to argue back and forth the rest of your points on how to play cornerback, since I doubt you have ever played corner in your life.

cordog
03-04-2004, 03:58 PM
Not so fast.

A report out of a Minneapolis radio station KFAN, says that Winfield is on a jet to minny as we speak

LtBillsFan66
03-04-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by cordog
Not so fast.

A report out of a Minneapolis radio station KFAN, says that Winfield is on a jet to minny as we speak

I hope he goes to Minny.

The Natrix
03-04-2004, 04:03 PM
we can call him the Minny Winny.

Michael82
03-04-2004, 04:24 PM
Sweet! The Jets are going to bumble the deal! And he'll now get a chance with the Vikings....PLEASE SIGN with the Vikes.... :pray:

shelby
03-04-2004, 04:28 PM
Good luck Antoine!:wave:

eyedog
03-04-2004, 04:29 PM
Clements is the one they have to get signed long term next year. I always thought he was the corner with more upside and the one I would rather have being paid for the long run.

The Spaz
03-04-2004, 04:31 PM
Reports are that he cancelled his flight to Minne. just hours ago. Looks liek he is a Jet.

The_Philster
03-04-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Reports are that he cancelled his flight to Minne. just hours ago. Looks liek he is a Jet.

That bites :down: Just watch. The Jets will have him actually play coverage instead of Prevent and it'll come back to bite us in the ass.

elltrain22
03-04-2004, 05:54 PM
Phily really f***ed it up not getting him. They needed WR, and they missed at the very finest in the FA market. All they had to do was out bid a 2nd round draft choice offered by Baltimore, and they dropped the ball, alla there crappy WR's

elltrain22
03-04-2004, 05:58 PM
Whoops that was my post for TO, a little too tired from school...

My thought on Winfield: let the money hungary, no intercepting, suspect on coverage butt go!! We are gonna sign a better cb, Troy Vincent, anyways.

Dozerdog
03-04-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by elltrain22
Phily really f***ed it up not getting him. They needed WR, and they missed at the very finest in the FA market. All they had to do was out bid a 2nd round draft choice offered by Baltimore, and they dropped the ball, alla there crappy WR's

E-Train- I think you posted in the wrong thread- you want the Owens to Balt thread...:up:

either tht or you are just nuts

BAM
03-04-2004, 06:25 PM
Winfield is a lot better than some of you give him credit for. I can't really say I'll miss him that much though... he did let me down a few times last season.
but just remember.. he was facing off against the other teams' number one WR for a reason.

BAM
03-04-2004, 06:26 PM
hey that rhymes. :band:

Lone Stranger
03-04-2004, 06:30 PM
Those of you with sour grapes...shame. He gave us 5 quality years. I am surprised that he did not give his ex-coach, Ted Cottrell, a chance. As we all know Ted is a quality guy and should have been given consideration.

toughluck
03-04-2004, 06:36 PM
Was just on ESPN, the last thing they said was that Len P. reporting that Winfield singed with the Jets. I forget the exact price off the top of my head, but i think it was $30 mill. forget for how long (3 years??). sorry, wasn't listening very well, but they definately said he is a jet..

PS. I am Brian by the way, have been surfing the board for awhile, and finally decided to join. I am going to SUNY Geneseo, and have been a bills fan since i can remember (dad grew up in orchard park)

The Natrix
03-04-2004, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by toughluck

PS. I am Brian by the way, have been surfing the board for awhile, and finally decided to join. I am going to SUNY Geneseo, and have been a bills fan since i can remember (dad grew up in orchard park)

:cheers:

JWatts
03-04-2004, 06:45 PM
5 or 6 years $30 million w/$10 million SB...can you say over paid for 6 career int's...the Jets can have him.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-04-2004, 06:45 PM
I can't say that I really disliked Winfield. I didn't think he was a great corner, certainly not for the money the Jets just paid him. Thanks for the effort AW, but now I hate you. Go to the Jets, you suck.

The Spaz
03-04-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by toughluck
Was just on ESPN, the last thing they said was that Len P. reporting that Winfield singed with the Jets. I forget the exact price off the top of my head, but i think it was $30 mill. forget for how long (3 years??). sorry, wasn't listening very well, but they definately said he is a jet..

My brother and sister went to Geneseo!:up::beer:

SeatownBillsFan21
03-04-2004, 07:04 PM
Winfeild can burn im glad he gone bring home troy!!!!

Iehoshua
03-04-2004, 07:11 PM
Awww, Mr. "All hits, no picks" went to the Jests, so we get to seem him twice a year as he is repeatedly burned!

toughluck
03-04-2004, 07:47 PM
Ya, for the price, the jests are welcome to him. There was no way we were going to fork over that much for a guy who is good, but not tops in the league. Get TV in here, let our two young corners get some more experience, and i think we are in good shape there. As for Geneseo, loving it so far, and i have relatives in rochester and still in orchard park, so i have been out here quite a bit. I am a freshman, so looking forward to another three years, if not more (getting a teacher's certification is going to take awhile) of a great place right next door to the best NFL team :)

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
03-04-2004, 08:32 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1751208

Bert102176
03-04-2004, 08:53 PM
he's a pansy and a traitor