• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Dolphins Dumb Luck

I unfortunately missed the Bills game yesterday but I saw the Dolphins-Broncos game. Perhaps I'm biased, but does anyone else feel that Miami is the luckiest team in the NFL? Every year the Dolphins win games on the last drive, and it's always due at least partially to bad calls by the refs or lucky bounces.

Last night, the reception that set up the winning FG went through the hands of the Denver linebacker right to the Miami receiver. Combine that with the Denver FG at the end of the half that didn't count because of holding....

Usually, Buffalo has the worst luck in the NFL, although this year they seem to be pretty even in the bad calls/lucky bounce category (new stat?). Of course, it's impossible to compete with dumb luck. "It's better to be lucky than to be good"- Miami seems to have a little of both this year. Buffalo's only chance will be if their "Forty-Sick Swiss Cheese" D (see WysGuy's thread) can capitalize on the backup QB.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • BillsNYC
    Man of the People
    • Jul 2002

patriots get dumb luck all the time....especially with the ref's help...
    Thank you.

Comment

• WCoastFin
      I have the arms of a new born baby!
      • Jul 2002

Re: Dolphins Dumb Luck

Originally posted by OpIv37
      I unfortunately missed the Bills game yesterday but I saw the Dolphins-Broncos game. Perhaps I'm biased, but does anyone else feel that Miami is the luckiest team in the NFL? Every year the Dolphins win games on the last drive, and it's always due at least partially to bad calls by the refs or lucky bounces.

Last night, the reception that set up the winning FG went through the hands of the Denver linebacker right to the Miami receiver. Combine that with the Denver FG at the end of the half that didn't count because of holding....

Usually, Buffalo has the worst luck in the NFL, although this year they seem to be pretty even in the bad calls/lucky bounce category (new stat?). Of course, it's impossible to compete with dumb luck. "It's better to be lucky than to be good"- Miami seems to have a little of both this year. Buffalo's only chance will be if their "Forty-Sick Swiss Cheese" D (see WysGuy's thread) can capitalize on the backup QB.

:huddle: .....yup your baised.
      We wanna see you spit now!!!lets face it we suck.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Ok so I'm biased...

Next time I watch a Dolphins game (when they're not playing the Bills), I will attempt to document the lucky bounces and favorable calls they get, versus those for the other team. Maybe I'll find out that I'm biased, maybe it will affirm my original point...

The Dolphins have a good team this year (as much as it pains me to say it), and they're not 5-1 simply due to luck. But yesterday had as much to do with luck as it did with skill.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mybills
          81 st zoner
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
          The Dolphins have a good team this year (as much as it pains me to say it), and they're not 5-1 simply due to luck. But yesterday had as much to do with luck as it did with skill.
          Take away Ricky and they aren't so great. JMO.
          As for luck, you're right.
          I've already said that in another post!
          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
            short bus extraordinaire
            • Jul 2002

they're just setting themselves up for the first round exit.
            Originally posted by yordad
            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• casdhf
              • Jul 2002

better lucky than good
              Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
              cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• casdhf
                • Jul 2002

Although, I am both
                Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

Working...
                X